help with a paladin =)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

help with a paladin =)

Post by Shito88 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:14 pm

Hi,

Finally i found a funny build to play ( http://www.medianxl.com/t6253-xvmikoil-dark-knight-update-0-1 )
and got few questions ofcourse Very Happy

1) What do i do against cold immunes ? Euphoria doesnt break immunes, so should i just rely on my procs/phys dmg ? I'm playing with the Necrolyte which is cold caster aswell
2) I'm currently lvl 54 just killed Baal and defeated the Priestresses to get my sunstone of elements ( all 3 ) ?
Now i can lvl to 80 then go to Kurast BA for my class charm, right ? Is there a list somewhere of quests to do in the right order ?
I've red all i think, but not sure, there are so much uberlevels etc. headache ...

Anyways, thanks all for the answer and the devs for this awesome mod! it's crazy mod bros Wink

Shito88
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: help with a paladin =)

Post by Asteroth on Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:58 pm

1) use blood thorns against cold immunes. get an a5 merc or a bloodmage (fire) for elemental diversity and synergy

2) yes there are 3 sunstones.
you can check out the documentation for level challenges (http://mxl.vn.cz/doc/)
lc0 -> lc1 -> ennead -> lc2 -> brc (whenever though)

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by powtek on Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:57 pm

It's not that I say that don't follow the guide but for me, use ctc balefire flail (alvl is 56 only so you can get those at your level) and smax blood thorns instead of lemures. Though you will encounter fire-immune mobs, your balefire weapon will take care of them.

powtek
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:03 pm

i'm not sure his hymn level will be high enough to sustain the life degen from balefire at that lvl

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shito88 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:06 pm

@Asteroth wrote:1) use blood thorns against cold immunes. get an a5 merc or a bloodmage (fire) for elemental diversity and synergy

2) yes there are 3 sunstones.
you can check out the documentation for level challenges (http://mxl.vn.cz/doc/)
lc0 -> lc1 -> ennead -> lc2 -> brc (whenever though)

All right thanks, so i can lvl to 80 before trying Kurast BA, i wont get any experience right there , right ? Then i have to kill the Baal thing at 90, and the rest can be made done when 120 ?
I'm going to change my merc too

"It's not that I say that don't follow the guide but for me, use ctc balefire flail (alvl is 56 only so you can get those at your level) and smax blood thorns instead of lemures. Though you will encounter fire-immune mobs, your balefire weapon will take care of them."

Hmm, i guess i could do this with my respec so i could keep my cold merc ? Someone can confirms this is better ? Smile
And what is the unique exactly ? didnt found it on the uniques list

btw atm jut maxxing euphoria/terror strike/lemures/stormlord, got like 13 skills points left

Shito88
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:14 pm

You can get the Ennead challenge done on any difficulty. Therefore the levels do give xp. Just head in there on normal at around 72 so you won't get much. It will be easy, do not worry.

You have to do binding of baal before or at 90, correct.Black road challenge, minigames, monster tokens & end boss tokens can be done at any level.

A balefire weapon is a good idea yes, but as Asteroth said you probably cannot sustain your hp pool with it yet. Btw I'm not 100% sure on the guide's skillplan but any unholy melee should be maxing Hymn too, and dumping your leftovers in tainted blood (later on you won't need maxed stormlord so this will free up points, and superbeast can be left at 1). Euphoria is best left around 5pts. 1 pt for 1% pierce isn't such a good deal.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shito88 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:23 pm

@suchbalance wrote:You can get the Ennead challenge done on any difficulty. Therefore the levels do give xp. Just head in there on normal at around 72 so you won't get much. It will be easy, do not worry.

You have to do binding of baal before or at 90, correct.Black road challenge, minigames, monster tokens & end boss tokens can be done at any level.

A balefire weapon is a good idea yes, but as Asteroth said you probably cannot sustain your hp pool with it yet. Btw I'm not 100% sure on the guide's skillplan but any unholy melee should be maxing Hymn too, and dumping your leftovers in tainted blood (later on you won't need maxed stormlord so this will free up points, and superbeast can be left at 1). Euphoria is best left around 5pts. 1 pt for 1% pierce isn't such a good deal.

Yeah that sounds good, i remember yearssss ago in the beginning of Median i was shocked when i entered Kurast BA, tho i was low lvl, i got smashed and left the mod for so long haha... ^^

So you recommand max Hymn/tainted blood/5 euphoria, and not maxxing superbeast ?
also where can i find this balefire weapon ? Do we get some ways to respec later too? Very Happy

Last edited by Shito88 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shito88
Bloodfire Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:26 pm

i saw the guide he referred to. the skillplan in it completely ignored all melee skills under lemures (which i think is silly).

i concur that hymn should absolutely be smaxed, it's too good to not use. 

K3k is a great place to lvl your character from 50-60. on hatred, just get a lot of defense and you'll be fine. 

if you respec to blood thorns (highly advisable since the skill is far superior to lemures), then yes you can keep the necrolyte merc.

The balefire weapon we refer to is not a unique, but a rare or crafted weapon. 50% ctc balefire on melee attack is an affix on rares and crafted weapons, and it's extremely powerful, especially for unholy melee pallys who have the spell damage from terror strike (i think?) and superbeast to boost it's damage. Also, superbeast attacks 6/second, so you proc balefire a LOT.

i dont think euphoria is particularly good, especially early on. i'd honestly advise getting the neutral tree with sacred armor and rapture.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:30 pm

Balefire is a proc, which appears on rare and crafted 1handers. So you have to craft your own ideally, which can take a lot of Shrines. Don't worry about it yet. Just use your TUs until lvl 100, then replace them with some high lvl runewords. The balefire thing is for much later when you have a large supply of shrines.

Well my recommendation would be to ditch Lemures alltogether, replace with Blood Thorns and switch to holy influence. But since you are having fun with this build as it is, don't change it.

Simply adding smaxed hymn to keep yourself alive is a must; 5 euphoria mainly for the duration (as I said 1% pierce is too weak for a skill point); 1 in Superbeast because with some + skill charms and gear the spell damage bonus will go into diminishing returns very fast, and you don't need more points to get the awesome morph cast & attack speeds. From then enough in stormlord to equip your gear (will be a low number of pts endgame); and all remainders in tainted blood. Keep maxing Lemures and Terror strike as you have been doing so far tho.

Respecs: one per difficulty from Akara after den of evil. Or ctrl + F the cube recipes page in the docs to find the respec potion recipe.

Edit: lol semi-ninjad Very Happy

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by powtek on Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:34 pm

I agree with Asteroth. Hymn should be smaxed coz it is your source of survivability.

K3k farming is easy as pie if you got that balefire weapon.

And yeah, instead of going to the tree with euphoria, go to the tree with rapture and sacred armor. Rapture so you can pump the shit out of your superbeast morph and of course Sacred Armor, the most cheesiest skill of median imo.

powtek
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum