Pouncezon at 120, not sure how to progress

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pouncezon at 120, not sure how to progress

Post by jakjak4161 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:49 pm

Like the title suggests, I recently levelde my first char a pouncezon to 120 and is currently at the beginning of act 2 destruction.

I'm not sure where to go from here to farm my midgame equipments. I get owned in terror ubers and cant progress through the sewers without dying in destruction.

My current gear are all TU 6
maiden pike
splint mail
the poison helm
chain boots
heavy belt

and honorific gloves.
I have 277k def and 47% LL

Thanks

jakjak4161
Invader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pouncezon at 120, not sure how to progress

Post by Cracka08 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:25 pm

Cracka08
Balrog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jakjak4161 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:28 pm

Thats the build I was following.

It tells me what equipments I need, but not where I should be farming or how to progress to get them

jakjak4161
Invader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cracka08 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:33 pm

Ah ok, well. Per docs found here:

http://mxl.vn.cz/doc/

It sudgests that K3K has a drop bias for sets, weather you can run it or not depends on your Kill speed. It's been quite some time since I played a pouce zon, but they are quite strong. I would say make sure all of your gear is upgraded to 119/120 and have max res and give either Tcow/K3k a shot. If you can't do either of those, spend some time running around in destruction. It's not as ideal for drops, but if you can't do those that would be where I go next. Also, try and get some of your beginner charms.

Cracka08
Balrog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:34 pm

Are your resists maxed? With 300k def and that lifeleech you can easily farm K3K / Tran Athulua / Fauzt on terror.

You need to MO your gear to reach -100% enemy poison resist. Otherwise your damage will be insufficient. With this curare will insta demolish everything non poison immune. If you already MOd your gear with other stuff to the max don't fear. Simply gamble a pair of rare rings and a rare amulet and reroll them with oils of renewal, until they spawn with skills & at least -10% enemy poison resist. Then MO them three with another -15% and that alone is -75% which will be sufficient.

If you still want more damage, you can make the Rusalka runeword (in a superior maiden pike, with double mo bonus blabla I hope you know how to make weapon runewords otherwise ask, and I will explain in detail)

Last edited by suchbalance on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sslaci on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:35 pm

i reckon hes got no charms...

sslaci
Spike Beast

TGBest None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthmaster on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:40 pm

@jakjak4161 wrote:It tells me what equipments I need, but not where I should be farming or how to progress to get them

It actually has suggestions where to farm your gear. But that's not an issue.

You have 47% LL. You'll need at least 85% to feel safe in regular game in Destruction difficulty (75% is enough to gain full HP in Terror Fauztinville in 1-2 pounces).

How to get more?

Start crafting Ber jewels (with 2% life leech each one). If you lack crafting points, the guide has 2 recipes how to get them.

Now let's see: you have 'poison helm' (17-19% leech). With each jewel socketed into your gear (except gloves for obvious reasons) you'll get: 12(weap)+12(body)+8(helm)+8(boots)+4(belt) = 61-63% total. MO your weapon till you get 80% (it's req level is 55 on T6, so you should actually have enough space to add 15 LL MO's).

Problem solved. You cannot die in Terror Fauzt/Cow level with 80% life leech. Keep in mind that you cannot leech from Necrobots (robots that fire lazors) so you should avoid pouncing a big pack of them. You have Curare, so killspeed shouldn't be a problem. Good luck farming for Celestia's set/shrines for a crafted pike!

@suchbalance wrote:With 300k def and that lifeleech you can easily farm K3K / Tran Athulua / Fauzt on terror.

Nope. Just nope. TA is possible, other two don't. 47% LL on Terror is good for regular game, but not enough for uberlevels = quick death in Fauzt/Kurast

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BASED_GOD on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:51 pm

My pounce zon got 60% lifesteal and 500k def and I destroy duncraig like there is no tomorrow, sure i'm having a struggle with fauzt but i'm not finished with my build yet. try to get rah or taha runeword in a sacred maiden pike.

BASED_GOD
Ancient Fungus

I'd rather be a Devourer!
TGGood None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthmaster on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:55 pm

Actually Duncraig has always been a much easier spot for pouncezon/-sin than Fauztinville. Smile Slain souls are melee mobs. Those with poison seeds and barrels have a timer (they don't spam them like madguys) while Harpylisks and Necrobots attack without stopping with heavy-hitting missiles and Neon Fiends slow you down. Slow = death if you are not careful

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohmarinus on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:58 pm

@BASED_GOD wrote:My pounce zon got 60% lifesteal and 500k def and I destroy duncraig like there is no tomorrow, sure i'm having a struggle with fauzt but i'm not finished with my build yet. try to get rah or taha runeword in a sacred maiden pike.

I would put the 6x Stone Ele rune in Sacred M.Pike moar leech and 10%DR + proc on the go

Ohmarinus
Clawstorm Terror

Why u no mac for Sigma?!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum