Median Xl with a Friend

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Median Xl with a Friend

Post by Hybridreamer on Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:12 pm

So we're finally starting this up tonight. I am almost positive I'm gonna be playing a support barb. So I've got two questions. What do you guys think would be best skills to max? And what characters could my friend choose from that would benefit the most from my support.

For my first question I can't decide if I should be maxing bear, snake, and eagle. Or just one of the three. After that I figure thunderslam for crowd control. I've never looked at any of the barb summons so no idea about those.

And for the second question obviously if I'm giving free 50% DR from bear stance my friends not gonna need a character that has a dr skill. Past that I'm not really sure.

Hybridreamer
Razor Fur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:18 pm

Snake for start, and in end either Bear or Wolf, i'd wouldn't chose Eagle as you can survive well enough. TS is ok but Storm Blast is better for overall damage dealt. And i prefer Protector Spirit for their Bloodlust, on death i believe.

If i were your friend i'd also chose a melee class, probably nagisin. But it's not like you can go wrong so i'm not sure what you are looking for. A pair of chars is not way better and all others suck, so you will get someone's preference not the definitive answer. The whole game is about adapting, and balancing your choices as you progress or according to areas, it's not an only 1 way path to success.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hybridreamer on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:23 pm

Yea I had the feeling this was the case as I've gone through the regular game before ubers with just about every character pretty easily. So I can only imagine how much easier it is with a partner.

But anyway I guess I'm looking for two builds that pair well together and make them stronger. For example a druid with mythal would greatly help out anyone using elemental attacks. Or a necro using bane would help out physical attackers.

Hybridreamer
Razor Fur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hybridreamer on Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:46 pm

So as of now my friend is going lion stance barb using storm blast and I'm going javazon as I've recently found a danmaku or however it's spelt.

Would the stance from my friends barb and the stance from my Trishula runeword overlap or would one override the other?

Hybridreamer
Razor Fur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:01 pm

Stances are basically auras but with smaller radius of effect. So if you used Snake from Trishula they would stack. But if you used the lion stance from it, then only the higher level one will have an effect.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hybridreamer on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:05 pm

Awesome thanks for the update.  My friend is hoping to stream some video of us playing so hopefully that'll be up soon.

Edit: Another question... Is it an issue to go ecstatic frenzy and current? I was reading a bunch of javazon posts and a few I read made it seem like if you go curare you should also go with balance.

Hybridreamer
Razor Fur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:32 pm

Both are viable. The reason curare + balance is more popular is because it synergises better with ricochet to spread the poison damage and this allows you to clear non-poison immune mobs incredibly quickly.

If you wanted to use ecstatic frenzy it would be better to pair it with paragon on a Java that focuses mainly on Enfilade, because the fast hitting nature of that skill benefits more from the flat damage per javelin of EF.

So basically if you want more total damage and better farming efficiency go curare and ricochet. If you want to play your java in a different way to the cookie cutter build go EF + enfilade.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hybridreamer on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:37 pm

Is there a reason to not use ecstatic frenzy and curare together? I've always been an all offense type of player.

Hybridreamer
Razor Fur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:42 pm

Reason is that curare + ricochet can clear everything fast enough by themselves and 1 pt faerie fire takes care of psn immunes. So no point to throw away 100k defence for no reason.

I mean you will do more damage if you add EF to that, but EF is a skill that needs to be smaxed to get full benefits, and it is doubtful that you will have the points to do so, considering you are already smaxing curare, moon queen, war spirit; and that ricochet + moonbeam require a decent point investment too.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hybridreamer on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:46 pm

Ah I see, thanks for the clarification! It's much appreciated.

Hybridreamer
Razor Fur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum