O-skill barb!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

O-skill barb!

Post by randomrolf on Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:31 am

So iv'e discovered that barb is good with oskills.
I tryed one with my basilisk and had some fun killing astroga, brachy with thunderstone oskill!

Now my next challange is uldyssian.
Iv'e searched for some good barb with "Tantrum" but no luck.

Is there any files that's up to date with items/skills? Or might someone just give me a quick introduction to what it means to use tantrum with barb/any char Smile

Would really appriciate it !

Thanks and glhf

randomrolf
Clawstorm Terror

TGBest none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: O-skill barb!

Post by zimqo on Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:40 am

zimqo
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by randomrolf on Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:44 am

Yea also saw that one but not what im looking for.
Im not a big fan of crafting and such.

But thanks for answer !

randomrolf
Clawstorm Terror

TGBest none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:19 am

here's a few things to keep in mind, from what I've learned, but I haven't played much lately so it might not be following the latest trends in tantrum xD:

well, you'd have use a tantrum crafted bow, and usually a kraken crafted helm (craft it as close to +29 to Kraken Stance (this is max you can get) as you can because of more damage). since kraken stance gets more damage if you invest skill points in other stances (old synergy when it was an uberskill), people usually invest into snake stance for slow and poison (to cover the missing element from kraken), then you can also invest into eagle to boost snake stance+kraken (and you can heal up/tank if you need with eagle). then you can use snake+thunderslam for spreading slow/poison, and kraken+tantrum to kill shit. to cover up the lack of physical damage, you'd probably want to craft a bow with lots of damage, but imo it isn't really necessary since you'd get plenty of damage from kraken. getting a bow that attacks faster is probably a better idea, but you'll have to check the speed calc.

obviously, since tantrum hits a lot of times, you'd want lots of on striking procs, preferably wdm procs so they can proc themselves. casting fortress here and there is also useful.

some people I guess add nephalem weapons on top of kraken, but some do runemaster because you can't run bear stance if you're using kraken/snake. it's your choice. obv def without runemaster is relatively low, so you'd smax spirit guide, and get at least like 3 wolves imho.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by randomrolf on Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:51 am

@Quirinus wrote:here's a few things to keep in mind, from what I've learned, but I haven't played much lately so it might not be following the latest trends in tantrum xD:

well, you'd have use a tantrum crafted bow, and usually a kraken crafted helm (craft it as close to +29 to Kraken Stance (this is max you can get) as you can because of more damage). since kraken stance gets more damage if you invest skill points in other stances (old synergy when it was an uberskill), people usually invest into snake stance for slow and poison (to cover the missing element from kraken), then you can also invest into eagle to boost snake stance+kraken (and you can heal up/tank if you need with eagle). then you can use snake+thunderslam for spreading slow/poison, and kraken+tantrum to kill shit. to cover up the lack of physical damage, you'd probably want to craft a bow with lots of damage, but imo it isn't really necessary since you'd get plenty of damage from kraken. getting a bow that attacks faster is probably a better idea, but you'll have to check the speed calc.

obviously, since tantrum hits a lot of times, you'd want lots of on striking procs, preferably wdm procs so they can proc themselves. casting fortress here and there is also useful.

some people I guess add nephalem weapons on top of kraken, but some do runemaster because you can't run bear stance if you're using kraken/snake. it's your choice. obv def without runemaster is relatively low, so you'd smax spirit guide, and get at least like 3 wolves imho.

Thanks alot for this!! Now i know how to use the tantrumbar !! Now i just need a gear guide Very Happy lol can't do anything myself Wink
Not but i guess i'll aim at knife throw craft bow, segnetia ? for time strike but hmm.. Is natascha better?? ultimative (ITD)
also helm hmm.. Dunno if there's any good helm with proccs really.. Belt , bv (slow) or lilith (time strike) Dtouch for gloves? boots KNight grace ofc , arrow procc is epic Very Happy also arrows??? hmm.. big question mark. Dyers eve amu = procc time striek =D rings? I have 2 x nebels, ok?

randomrolf
Clawstorm Terror

TGBest none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iomanip on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:37 pm

Not to be unfriendly or anything, but if you have all that gear, why don't you try it out? Additionally, it will help you get a feel for the build.

iomanip
Que-Hegan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by randomrolf on Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:20 pm

Tierd of having stuggles in my reach for getting a working barb, it must be me who cant play the char or just being impatient, anywho i get your point!!

Will do a try when i have all gear collected. Also these items i listed above isn't all in my hands Very Happy still missing some of em !

randomrolf
Clawstorm Terror

TGBest none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:37 pm

if you try to kill bosses with tantrum barb, check your attack rating first. ITD doesnt work on bosses and many people forget this.
with good amount of attack rating, arrow/knife procs , CB and kraken stance(id use wolf tho) you can easily kill any heroic boss in game so fast.

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fumbles on Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:32 pm

I don't wanna leave a wall of text so I'll try to keep this short and sweet.  

Skills
Melee Tree - None
Dual Wield Tree - None
Throw Tree - None

Spirit Tree - 1pt in each

Special Tree
Wolf Companion - Enough for 6 or 7 wolves but no less than 6 so 25 or 30 points here
Ancient Blood - Increases life, attack speed and points into other skills - Max
Fortress - 1pt here
Spirit Guide - Increases dmg and tcd when near wolves, which is why lots of wolves is better - Max
Mountain King - 1pt is enough here

Stance Tree - 1pt each for now

Uber Skills

Thunder God - 1pt
Immortal - 1pt
Runemaster - 20pts here

Any remaining points can go into wolf stance/rune master or where ever u feel like

Stat Points
(remember if using Lilith belt to compensate for -25aa)

Str - enough for gears
Dex - enough to equip bow initially, more for ar depending on needs
Vit - rest here
Energy - nope
(Don't forget to eat all those delicious 500 signets!)

Gear - Items in RED are what I use have suited me just fine
Gear is somewhat tri ele dmg oriented to better benefit the kraken part of the build.  However, I only use the kraken helm when farming ubers.  Wolf stance works perfectly fine everywhere else.  When I'm not farming a boss, I swap helms. So with that in mind:

Helm
Shrine crafted Kraken Stance helm
This is for farming bosses such as BPR.  Aim for high + to Kraken and +2 barb skills.  Vit/Dex/Str can also spawn which is also useful.  Other stats worth noting are life after each kill, target takes additional dmg(IMPORTANT to have a source of this) and - enemy res.  Use an Avenger Guard for helm.
Find a second to continually craft a better one.

Lilith's Legion Avenger Guard - Attack rating, barb skills, str/vit bonus, 10% dr, mf and even some reanimates(not important)
This helm is awesome all around

Gloves
Baron Sludge's Bonecrushers
- ias, +max dmg, -50% target def and 8%dr.  These gloves are super sexy. Also they provide source of ttad if you don't get on kraken helm.
Facebreakers are a decent substitute
Demonic touch would be good but I don't really care for the str req and think they're just generally over rated.

Boots
Titan's Steps
Quad ele dmg, cb, flat life, res and laek. Expensive but awesome.
Angels Wrath and Knights Grace are also good/expensive
Vita crafted boots also an option

Armor
Erawan rw
Fill sockets with crafted leech jewels and maybe said jewels have vit bonus or added resists where you might be lacking them.
If you can afford Natasha's Legacy, you're mucher richer then I and its also a decent option if your lucky enough to get a good roll. Erawan is perfectly fine though.  try to get good defense/dr roll.

Belt
Plenty of good options here depending on your needs
Dementia/Black Void are likely the best options here, sadly no one loves me enough to give free. Sad
Lilith's Temptation - I use this because no one loves me, covers mf if u dont have a good source but keep in mind the -25aa when deciding where to put stat points.
Deadfall heavy belt and Truce rw are also very good belts

Arrow Quiver
Locust Hive 5% arrow on striking and req lvl is 1 which leaves tons of mo space for - enemy fire/lite/cold res.  keep any extras u find and try to get a lotteried one.
Hanabigami - cheap/great option if it doesn't lag you to death -mo with - enemy fire/lite/cold res
Bag of Tricks - also great option but kind of expensive
Basically just use whatever you have here

Bow -mo to 350% enhanced dmg then leech orbs - socket with jahs (sacrifice a few leech orbs for attack rating orbs if you're lacking)
Shrine crafted Tantrum bow
Apparently war bows have highest base dmg and long war bows are suppose to be slightly better than short war bows
Either way get a couple sacred bows, roll them to rare(yellow) and start farming shrines.
Weird are considered best because of +dmg modifiers.  
Roll until you get tantrum and start with that.  Then roll the other one for better stats
The most desired modifiers are:
knife throw (arrow if your really lucky) - knife throw is 18% ctc and arrow is 25% so arrow is way more awesome
Enhanced Dmg - the less orbs you use to get to 350% the more you have for leech orbs
+min/max dmg - I've never had luck getting a good roll here in addition to tantrum+proc so this isn't a huge deal but its nice to think about
Other stats worth mentioning are life after each kill and mag find.  

Rings
Empyrean Bands mo with -enemy fire/lite/cold and maybe some thunder hammers (I used 2 perf sphere umos in each)\
Two Bad Mood Rings would be awesome but I prefer the empy bands

Amulet
Quov Tsin amulet - for bosses
Dyers Eve for everything else
For in realm characters, Beads of the Snake King is gg
Just use whatever suits your needs

Socket all armors with Ohm runes for more life

Anyways,
Theres some weird bug apparently with runemaster, I guess you don't receive all the defensive benefits of runemaster unless you re-equip your gear so I've made a habit out of doing that when starting every new game. Maybe this was fixed and is just a visual bug but better safe then dead.\

After that summon wolves, thundergod and remember to walk(not run) with wolf stance.  Then run outside and non-consensually spread your love clouds all over the place.

I know I didn't list all gear/skill options, this is merely suggestions to help get on the right track.

I'm sure I screwed up something here but I'll be back later to fix whatever it is.

End

Last edited by Fumbles on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Words)

Fumbles
Mangler

TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sslaci on Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:49 pm

natasha hasn't got ITD anymore btw

sslaci
Spike Beast

TGBest None

View user profile