O-skill barb!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: O-skill barb!

Post by Quirinus on Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:00 pm

For summoning ubers (or when Dark Summoning Heroics, if they drop immunities quickly), you can first spam Tantrum and then summon them. It's an easy way to kill Akarat for example: spam Tantrum --> Dark Summon --> run behind a wall to avoid the on-death procs. It's cheesy tho.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seelenstein on Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:40 pm

@stoya wrote:if you try to kill bosses with tantrum barb, check your attack rating first. ITD doesnt work on bosses and many people forget this.
with good amount of attack rating, arrow/knife procs , CB and kraken stance(id use wolf tho) you can easily kill any heroic boss in game so fast.

short offtopic question, how does cb works on bosses?

Seelenstein
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:48 pm

Crushing blow is kinda unimportant when using ranged attacks against bosses.

Normal monster: 1/4 Melee, 1/8 Ranged Attack.
Boss/Champion monster: 1/8 Melee, 1/16 Ranged Attack.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by randomrolf on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:03 am

@Fumbles wrote:I don't wanna leave a wall of text so I'll try to keep this short and sweet.  

Skills
Melee Tree - None
Dual Wield Tree - None
Throw Tree - None

Spirit Tree - 1pt in each

Special Tree
Wolf Companion - Enough for 6 or 7 wolves but no less than 6 so 25 or 30 points here
Ancient Blood - Increases life, attack speed and points into other skills - Max
Fortress - 1pt here
Spirit Guide - Increases dmg and tcd when near wolves, which is why lots of wolves is better - Max
Mountain King - 1pt is enough here

Stance Tree - 1pt each for now

Uber Skills

Thunder God - 1pt
Immortal - 1pt
Runemaster - 20pts here

Any remaining points can go into wolf stance/rune master or where ever u feel like

Stat Points
(remember if using Lilith belt to compensate for -25aa)

Str - enough for gears
Dex - enough to equip bow initially, more for ar depending on needs
Vit - rest here
Energy - nope
(Don't forget to eat all those delicious 500 signets!)

Gear - Items in RED are what I use have suited me just fine
Gear is somewhat tri ele dmg oriented to better benefit the kraken part of the build.  However, I only use the kraken helm when farming ubers.  Wolf stance works perfectly fine everywhere else.  When I'm not farming a boss, I swap helms. So with that in mind:

Helm
Shrine crafted Kraken Stance helm
This is for farming bosses such as BPR.  Aim for high + to Kraken and +2 barb skills.  Vit/Dex/Str can also spawn which is also useful.  Other stats worth noting are life after each kill, target takes additional dmg(IMPORTANT to have a source of this) and - enemy res.  Use an Avenger Guard for helm.
Find a second to continually craft a better one.

Lilith's Legion Avenger Guard - Attack rating, barb skills, str/vit bonus, 10% dr, mf and even some reanimates(not important)
This helm is awesome all around

Gloves
Baron Sludge's Bonecrushers
- ias, +max dmg, -50% target def and 8%dr.  These gloves are super sexy. Also they provide source of ttad if you don't get on kraken helm.
Facebreakers are a decent substitute
Demonic touch would be good but I don't really care for the str req and think they're just generally over rated.

Boots
Titan's Steps
Quad ele dmg, cb, flat life, res and laek. Expensive but awesome.
Angels Wrath and Knights Grace are also good/expensive
Vita crafted boots also an option

Armor
Erawan rw
Fill sockets with crafted leech jewels and maybe said jewels have vit bonus or added resists where you might be lacking them.
If you can afford Natasha's Legacy, you're mucher richer then I and its also a decent option if your lucky enough to get a good roll. Erawan is perfectly fine though.  try to get good defense/dr roll.

Belt
Plenty of good options here depending on your needs
Dementia/Black Void are likely the best options here, sadly no one loves me enough to give free. Sad
Lilith's Temptation - I use this because no one loves me, covers mf if u dont have a good source but keep in mind the -25aa when deciding where to put stat points.
Deadfall heavy belt and Truce rw are also very good belts

Arrow Quiver
Locust Hive 5% arrow on striking and req lvl is 1 which leaves tons of mo space for - enemy fire/lite/cold res.  keep any extras u find and try to get a lotteried one.
Hanabigami - cheap/great option if it doesn't lag you to death -mo with - enemy fire/lite/cold res
Bag of Tricks - also great option but kind of expensive
Basically just use whatever you have here

Bow -mo to 350% enhanced dmg then leech orbs - socket with jahs (sacrifice a few leech orbs for attack rating orbs if you're lacking)
Shrine crafted Tantrum bow
Apparently war bows have highest base dmg and long war bows are suppose to be slightly better than short war bows
Either way get a couple sacred bows, roll them to rare(yellow) and start farming shrines.
Weird are considered best because of +dmg modifiers.  
Roll until you get tantrum and start with that.  Then roll the other one for better stats
The most desired modifiers are:
knife throw (arrow if your really lucky) - knife throw is 18% ctc and arrow is 25% so arrow is way more awesome
Enhanced Dmg - the less orbs you use to get to 350% the more you have for leech orbs
+min/max dmg - I've never had luck getting a good roll here in addition to tantrum+proc so this isn't a huge deal but its nice to think about
Other stats worth mentioning are life after each kill and mag find.  

Rings
Empyrean Bands mo with -enemy fire/lite/cold and maybe some thunder hammers (I used 2 perf sphere umos in each)\
Two Bad Mood Rings would be awesome but I prefer the empy bands

Amulet
Quov Tsin amulet - for bosses
Dyers Eve for everything else
For in realm characters, Beads of the Snake King is gg
Just use whatever suits your needs

Socket all armors with Ohm runes for more life

Anyways,
Theres some weird bug apparently with runemaster, I guess you don't receive all the defensive benefits of runemaster unless you re-equip your gear so I've made a habit out of doing that when starting every new game. Maybe this was fixed and is just a visual bug but better safe then dead.\

After that summon wolves, thundergod and remember to walk(not run) with wolf stance.  Then run outside and non-consensually spread your love clouds all over the place.

I know I didn't list all gear/skill options, this is merely suggestions to help get on the right track.

I'm sure I screwed up something here but I'll be back later to fix whatever it is.

End

omfg , thansk dude !! This will do enough Very Happy

feel free to wisp me online, might got something to reward u with Very Happy

randomrolf
Clawstorm Terror

TGBest none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:51 am

Says:

@Fumbles wrote:I don't wanna leave a wall of text so I'll try to keep this short and sweet.

Proceeds to write text wall.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:25 pm

yea, but text walls are a good thing in this case Very Happy

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five