Help me complete (fix) my resurrect pala

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help me complete (fix) my resurrect pala

Post by Diminished Heathen on Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:36 pm

This may be a long post, so I'll give you a TL;DR at the bottom of the page.

I am having a bit of trouble with my Resurrect Paladin. First off, he's very fun to play. And he has insane kill speed with normal monsters. Heres a quick video of my playstyle. (I am not very good at Median, and game crashes on entering worldstone)- Skip to 1:06 to see playstyle right away.

I resurrect those Plagued Dead Archers from the Frigid Highlands. Why them? They cast Wyrm Shot. And it's just a huge amount of AOE, And they are always in the same spot, and right next to the Frigid Highlands wp. I then buff them with Rapture, giving them 54% increased all speeds. I then made a bunch of crafted items and managed a total of 1277% increased minion damage for them. It makes them hit hard (Though still not quite hard enough, Diablo kills them before they can kill him).

I pretty much get killed instantly in every uber, and right when I reach the worldstone keep throne room, I EXPLODE. Very low survivability. I have zero chance killing Dest Baal. I really want your ideas on what I should farm for in terms of gear, and your ideas of a bit of skill rearrangement if necessary (but I would like to keep the basic gameplay similar), I have decent res and armor;

Character Sheet-
Spoiler:

My skill placement-
Spoiler:
" />

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Feel free to not bother looking at equipment.

Body:
Helm:
Weapon:
Boots:
Belt:
Gloves:
Ring1:
Ring2:
Amulet:
Shield:

TL;DR Basically, what would you change or do to increase my survivability and overall effectiveness so I can complete basic ubers, and finish destruction WITHOUT drastically changing playstyle?

Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help me complete (fix) my resurrect pala

Post by Asteroth on Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:50 pm

@Diminished Heathen wrote:This may be a long post, so I'll give you a TL;DR at the bottom of the page.

I am having a bit of trouble with my Resurrect Paladin. First off, he's very fun to play. And he has insane kill speed with normal monsters. Heres a quick video of my playstyle. (I am not very good at Median, and game crashes on entering worldstone)- 

Do you mean you get an error message? or that you just cannot handle the mobs?

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diminished Heathen on Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:51 pm

@Asteroth wrote:
@Diminished Heathen wrote:This may be a long post, so I'll give you a TL;DR at the bottom of the page.

I am having a bit of trouble with my Resurrect Paladin. First off, he's very fun to play. And he has insane kill speed with normal monsters. Heres a quick video of my playstyle. (I am not very good at Median, and game crashes on entering worldstone)- 

Do you mean you get an error message? or that you just cannot handle the mobs?

I recently installed Glide Wrapper, and it's been giving me problems with stability. But I only used it because fraps can't record DirectDraw.

Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:05 pm

That's bizarre. Try re-downloading the mpq files for the patch. It's voodoo but it helps me with random crashes.

As for build, im not sure why you have no points into blessed life. That's probably one of the best passive skills in the game (gives you DR%, super powerful stat).

You have all those minion stats, and you're not utilizing your own summons? I'm not sure i agree with this. sMax hoplites or scourge so they tank for your archers.

I'd pull all your points out of vessel of retribution and SoD (except 1). Those are very shortranged skills (and frankly, neither of the vessels are particularly good mid-end game). I'm not surprised you're getting blown up.
You have little life (not even 7k) in DESTRUCTION, mediocre amount of defense (what is it prebuffed with Tainted blood?) and no DR%.

EDIT: Too many points into rapture too IMO. Pull some out (leave like 6-8 ) (yes re-casting is a bitch, but you can always grab a staff or scepter/shield on switch full of Nih runes to help with that)

Redistribute points into unholy tree for more stats for your minions. Support their firepower with your own spells.

EDIT2: Get higher psn res. Poison in worldstone keep is by far the most damaging element.

Last edited by Asteroth on Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthmaster on Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:15 pm

Poison in worldstone keep is by far the most damaging element.

It's not as damaging as annoying since Dirges have those 'disco proc' on kill which requires more than 10 sec. to stay afar if you don't want to become poisoned again and again. So yeah, if you don't like hiding it's better to eat apples all the time and increase poison resists for yourself.

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by woods879 on Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:19 pm

He probably hasn't done BRC yet, anyways I agree with what Aster said. Try to get some better amu and rings with better stats, and maybe OS skills, such as Lighting Wall.

woods879
Siren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:20 pm

@Stealthmaster wrote:
Poison in worldstone keep is by far the most damaging element.

It's not as damaging as annoying since Dirges have those 'disco proc' on kill which requires more than 10 sec. to stay afar if you don't want to become poisoned again and again. So yeah, if you don't like hiding it's better to eat apples all the time and increase poison resists for yourself.

no way, dark vizjerei and those venom lord cunts (forget their names) have massive aoe psn spells. dirges don't even damage you that much compared to these 2 guys.

Either way, i think the resistances are the least of his concern. He shouldn't be tanking for his minions. He should be using minions to tank for the archers.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthmaster on Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:24 pm

Ah, yeah, forgot about those venom lords... DOH! Agree here, Asteroth. Thanks for reminding!

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diminished Heathen on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:38 am

@Asteroth wrote:That's bizarre. Try re-downloading the mpq files for the patch. It's voodoo but it helps me with random crashes.
I'll give this a go.

@Asteroth wrote:As for build, im not sure why you have no points into blessed life. That's probably one of the best passive skills in the game (gives you DR%, super powerful stat).
Ahh, yeah I should do the BRC, I didn't put it high priority because it didn't look too good.

@Asteroth wrote:You have all those minion stats, and you're not utilizing your own summons? I'm not sure i agree with this. sMax hoplites or scourge so they tank for your archers.
Yeah, it would probably help having them, but I felt they took up valuable mystique orb space (needing to buff there res, life) And they just didn't seem too useful. Then I would feel the need to buff them with rapture, and it is just so much micromanaging. But I agree that they would hugely increase survivability.

@Asteroth wrote:I'd pull all your points out of vessel of retribution and SoD (except 1). Those are very shortranged skills (and frankly, neither of the vessels are particularly good mid-end game). I'm not surprised you're getting blown up.
You have little life (not even 7k) in DESTRUCTION, mediocre amount of defense (what is it prebuffed with Tainted blood?) and no DR%.
I agree here, originally I didn't use a merc to get my archers bodies and used that, but now that I have him, those are wastepoints.

How do you suggest I buff my life?

Time to go remodel this pala.

Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:42 am

Does an a5 merc's gift of the wild extend to your resurrects? Either way, you should find a way to get bloodlust and motw/gotw.
Perhaps use an a2 merc (the werebear i think has it?) so he can buff your archers (I believe you're using exemplar)

Get an amulet with all skills and lightning arena. That should help with crowd control for your archers.

I've never done a summoner, but there's still lots of MO room on your rings/ammys. Im not sure if more summon stats would be beneficial versus MOing another summon (not daystars, too laggy. maybe those frozen orb shooting dudes?). I'm not sure how viable that is.

Also. Stances and totems would help tremendously.

Look for:
The Defender
Heavy Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (3208-3948)
Durability: 52
Required Strength: 568
Required Level: 100
+(5 to 8 ) Enhanced Stance Radius
15% Faster Hit Recovery
Enhanced Weapon Damage +(31 to 40)%
+(21 to 25)% Bonus to Summoned Minion Life
(11 to 15)% Bonus to Energy
+(251 to 300)% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +(41 to 50)%
Socketed: 2

and

Asclepion
Level 100
0-3 Jewels
+Rha
Paladin Shields
+(1 to 2) to Paladin Skill Levels
15% Increased Attack Speed
15% Faster Cast Rate
30% Faster Block Rate
+(26 to 34) to Snake Stance
+200 Defense
Replenish Life +(1.5 per level) (Based on Character Level)
Fire Resist +25%
Lightning Resist +25%
Cold Resist +25%
Poison Resist +100%

Sangreal
Level 59
0-3 Jewels
+Lo
Paladin Shields
Level 1 Demon Blood Aura when Equipped
25% Increased Attack Speed
25% Faster Hit Recovery