Help with mercenaries

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help with mercenaries

Post by ryuzaky77 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:11 pm

Im in Act 2 and im kinda nooby to this mod, and i need a good mercenary and im asking what is better? a Shapeshifter mercenary, a Fighter mage mercenary, or an Exemplar mercenary?

ryuzaky77
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help with mercenaries

Post by Stealthmaster on Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:32 pm

From the useful guide:

@iwansquall wrote:__________THE TOWN GUARD__________
Exemplar
Exemplar is self-sustained melee fighter that doesnt require much attention or your potion. His skillset pretty much allow him to focus on either crowd control or passively dealing WDM attack. Physical immune is not a problem for him as both Retaliate and Disintegrate dealing magic damage.
Recommend for : Ranged / Fragile Class

Shapeshifter
Shapeshifter is one of tankiest mercenaries by having large health pool. However he lacked of regen skill, so he need to rely from your potion or having large amount of life leech. Bloodlust good all around damage buff that affecting all your allies.
Recommend for : Caster, Summoner

Fighter Mage
Figther Mage is one of excellent mercenaries that focused on crowd control. His skill set focus multi hitting WDM skill, so he also are good to become a proc machine. With chronofield and glacial Nova, player can just focus on offensive
Recommend for : Ranged class, Summoner

So as you can see, Act II mercs choice depends on the build you're playing. If it's a barb of course, you can hire one of them, no problem, but sorcs, for example, would take much more benefits from such mercs.

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:37 pm

if you need additional help, give us infos about your character, items and skill plan

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ryuzaky77 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:38 pm

@Stealthmaster wrote:From the useful guide:

@iwansquall wrote:__________THE TOWN GUARD__________
Exemplar
Exemplar is self-sustained melee fighter that doesnt require much attention or your potion. His skillset pretty much allow him to focus on either crowd control or passively dealing WDM attack. Physical immune is not a problem for him as both Retaliate and Disintegrate dealing magic damage.
Recommend for : Ranged / Fragile Class

Shapeshifter
Shapeshifter is one of tankiest mercenaries by having large health pool. However he lacked of regen skill, so he need to rely from your potion or having large amount of life leech. Bloodlust good all around damage buff that affecting all your allies.
Recommend for : Caster, Summoner

Fighter Mage
Figther Mage is one of excellent mercenaries that focused on crowd control. His skill set focus multi hitting WDM skill, so he also are good to become a proc machine. With chronofield and glacial Nova, player can just focus on offensive
Recommend for : Ranged class, Summoner

So as you can see, Act II mercs choice depends on the build you're playing. If it's a barb of course, you can hire one of them, no problem, but sorcs, for example, would take much more benefits from such mercs.

Ty, i really needed this because im stuck in maggot lair those little bugs do soo much dmg and u cant even attack them its impossible

ryuzaky77
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthmaster on Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:41 pm

Oh, you should note that it's an uberquest area now. Actually, this uberquest is really hard, so it's no need to search for Staff of Kings (it drops in Snake's tomb along with an amulet) there as well as explore these areas at that part of the game (I assume you're on Hatred difficulty now).

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko64 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:17 pm

remember that mercs become weak after you either resurrect them or change their gear, and you have to save&exit and rejoin game to fix them

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ryuzaky77 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:38 pm

Ty guys for telling me, i got a necromancer based on summoning, and im level 30 and im pretty weak, maybe its because im not a barbarian xD, and i do 67-79 with my funeral pyre. can u guys tell me how to take some pics of my equipment and help me what mercenary is suitable for me?

ryuzaky77
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:00 pm

you got a print button (if laptop you need to do print + fn) on your keyboard push it and you have 2 options:
1. it should create a screenshot in your d2 folder
2. open something like paint and than "insert" and save as

as necromancer mb go for totems:
ice + fire totem + summons is a very strong and save combination, with bend of shadows are you very mobil

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ryuzaky77 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:09 pm

@Str0b3l wrote:you got a print button (if laptop you need to do print + fn) on your keyboard push it and you have 2 options:
1. it should create a screenshot in your d2 folder
2. open something like paint and than "insert" and save as

as necromancer mb go for totems:
ice + fire totem + summons is a very strong and save combination, with bend of shadows are you very mobil

Well, i dont have any totem skill xD ill get the ice and fire totems as soon as i can.

Spoiler:

My shield sucks but i keep it till i find a good shield xD

Last edited by ryuzaky77 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

ryuzaky77
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gg2 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:23 pm

btw if you do 67-79 dmg with funeral pyre at lvl 30, there is something really wrong with your skill/stats placement.

gg2
Scaled Mutant

Marco's Favorite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum