Bow/Feed the pack druid, can't do throne of destruction on Terror without dying every second mob pack

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bow/Feed the pack druid, can't do throne of destruction on Terror without dying every second mob pack

Post by ilian53 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:42 pm

So i'm following this guide: http://www.medianxl.com/t6228-xv-bow-druid-the-packleader

And i managed to get to ToD on terror, but i'm finding it very difficult to continue (especially with the Trap Rats, and also i'm starting to lack damage)

My gear is:
Bow: Salamander's Breath (Viper Bow) T6
Chest: Albrecht's Revenge (Chain Mail) T6
Head: Natha (Wolf Head) Lo Runeword with some resistance jewels
Amulet: Angel Heart unique
Ring1: Empyrean Band unique
Ring2: Rare with +26% cold res and 40 life
Gloves: Featherclaw (Chain Gloves) T6
Belt: Dragon Tail (Plated Belt) T6
Boots: Megalith (Ath runeword) with res jewels
Quiver: Cindercone quiver

All the sockets are filled with resistance perfect gems (except in weapon, there i have enhanced dmg Ith runes)

I have challenge 0, 1, 2, Ennead completed and i've completed only butcher from black road challenge.

I've sMaxxed Goodberry, Feed the pack, werewolf form and Elfin weapons.

I had split points between Nova shot and Spore shot, but ever since lvl 100 i've been leaning more towards nova shot, seems a lot more effective with the higher range and me being able to sustain the mana now.

Force of nature is my uber spell (only 1 hard point, 8 in total with +skills)

Stat points:
Str: Enough for gear
Vit: rest

I'm completely lost on how to progress currently. Can't do the rest of black road challenge and i can't farm throne for the other 4 levels.

I have 2 sacred viper bows i can use shrines to craft with, i tried with one but didn't have any amazing results. I also have a few lvl 100 runes (No, Lai, Ath)

Been reading this guide as well: http://www.medianxl.com/t3581-what-can-help-you-to-increase-your-survivability-in-median-xl
but if i change too much of my gear around (i tried sacred viper bow with Gehenna (Xar) runeword) my dmg goes down too much.

My biggest problems are the mobs that teleport on top of me, sometimes they stun lock me and i die. Another one is the Trap Rats, if i stay even for a second on the same spot i just die)

I have 6797 hp with goodberry and max resists (85, 77, 81, 81)

Tried to be as thorough as possible, any suggestions?

ilian53
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bow/Feed the pack druid, can't do throne of destruction on Terror without dying every second mob pack

Post by GregMXL on Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:49 pm

Well I'd change that bow of yours asap and make a double mo runeword using a Yul rune in a druid bow. Use this bow in conjunction with tu chain mail, locust hive quiver and Lo runeword in a druid helm and you gots lots of arrows all over the screen. Even better when you eventually find the Sacred Unique druid bow called Azgar's Mark and just use this same gear. OP arrows!  Twisted Evil You can also check this guide out also for some different references: http://www.medianxl.com/t757-v6d-bow-druid-guide-by-vadust

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bow/Feed the pack druid, can't do throne of destruction on Terror without dying every second mob pack

Post by MarcoNecroX on Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:03 pm

the guide you're trying to follow was originally designed for XV, where LaeK from feed the pack would work outside werewolf form. I never intended such build to be a "thing", in fact, the reason why you can get reanimates working is simply an engine limitation.

That said, i'd recommend ditching those 2 skills just go get a small amount of reanimates, replace that with acid fiends  which is more reliable way of having meatshields (no need to kill monsters first). And notice you can use acids as a bait to get Serafiends to pounce on them rather on you (the only pounce once).  You could put the rest of the points in whatever synergizes their life or just try to pump elfin as much as you can. And put one point into pagan rites.

Also you didn't mention your attack rating but I know, it's probably awfully low. Try putting about 50-100 points into dex, and most improtantly use %AR orbs on your weapon. For weapon you should probably ditch what you use and craft a bow with 300%+ ED and a proc. Then just socket it with jah runes and MO them with %AR. Or you can be a hipster like me and reroll the bow to superior, get lucky orb to work on it, make Shockwave (sol) runeword on it (req level 27), and MO the shit out of it with %ED, %life leech and %AR. (make sure to apply %ED orbs before creating the runeword). Acid fiends will boost punisher damage and since that bow allows for a rather passive play, you can focus most of the time on kiting enemies. note that I would only recommend using shockwave if you planned on doing high-density no immunity uberlevels such as cow level or tran athulua, in terror. For baal this is a pretty bad idea

gl

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ilian53 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:22 pm

I did forget to mention i have a point in Pagan Rites.

Also about MOs, anyway i could reroll them? I have only one AR mystic orb.

ilian53
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:24 pm

You can purchase AR mystic orbs from the vendors in camp.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ilian53 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:33 pm

Oh shit, i feel so stupid now, i completely forgot i can purchase mystic orbs. Also i have 3760 AR right now. Is that horrible? I remember in the original it's pretty bad.

EDIT: 7760 AR after the MOs

ilian53
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:36 pm

That AR sounds dreadful like MNX presumed. Lol Try to make sure you have at least a 90% chance of hitting things(it'll it say it on your character screen). You're not stupid. This is why you ask questions here. There's always someone here to help.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ilian53 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:23 pm

It does say 95% chance to hit things, which i presume is enough lol.

But i can't imagine what the needed AR in the last difficulty would be, i've seen a few vids and according to them the values of everything do rise up quite a bit.

Thanks for the help though guys, i can at least do baal runs now, even though those trap rats are still really problematic, i'm managing right now.

ilian53
Glowing Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:30 am

Since you are playing a druid, it is normal to be squishy until you have completed the Black Road challenge and gotten its reward skill. But still, using acid fiends should have you covered for now, you are a ranged character and not a tank after all it is normal that many mobs will be dangerous to you - that is why the game is harder than vanilla d2 in general.

Just follow the good advice in this thread and take a look at vadust's bow druid guide for additional info and you will be fine.

PS. I commend you for the great written post by the way. Have fun.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:52 am

As from hc druid experience i can suggest the following:
1) Change stats from vit to dex since 1 point in vit gives 1 hp (at least that's what Docs say) thus you get defense and AR, aim above 30k+ AR for destruction. Also all class bows have bonus from dex
2) Use more str to wear sacred heavy crafted armors, you get some synergies from force of nature + better defense
3) Don't use pack reanimates because you will not have enough points for main skills
4) Use cascade for killing stuff - range is insane like 80 yards. You can kill mobs screens away from your location. Plus it's good indicator how many enemies are there left (count the flying out arrows). Downside - it seeks enemies that are behind walls so it will take few moments to adjust your gameplay acording to it.
5) Yul runeword in druid class bows is nice because class bow gives bonus from str - another good reason to have more str

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum