Help me farm Fautz

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help me farm Fautz

Post by Fijay on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:02 pm

Been playing this game religiously for a good while now. And I always end up loving to farm Duncraig most of the day. But its been bothering me that im not able to do the same farming of Fautz.

I play my Wyrd Assasin in Duncraig that works pretty well I would say. But in Fautz ive tried her, she gets her ass handed to her, I made a Javazon which recived the same treatment, same with my Unholy Caster paladin and now my latest Barbarian. Before you all go saying that its not the classes that is shit it is me not knowing stuff etc, I know and im totaly aware of this. Ive just tried several classes due to some guides on the forums. And I have decent gear for them all and I do think I understand how to do this on paper but it does not seem to work out that well when I finaly try. The guides I see people just enter Fautz and just rape the instance easly, I like to do better than dying on first pack. Manageing to clear the whole instance without playing 110% and chugging pots nonstop since start.

TL:DR : I suck and I dont understand why people manage this so easly

I decided to stick to my Barb, so im 100% focusing on him atm. Is there anything I can do to make this toon into a decent Fautz farmer? Please if you decide to post a post, explain it to me like im 2 years old, I really like to finaly understand and learn this. So I dont have to ask this again in the future.

If its needed/wanted ill update my char info with gear, but if people can give me a full idea over how they would build their barb.

Thanks for all replys, most appriciated

Fijay
Siren

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help me farm Fautz

Post by Gekko64 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:58 pm

for fauzt you need high survivability, because you're going to get hit a lot no matter what.

a merc can help a lot in fauzt since there are no instakills. this thread has very good suggestions: http://www.medianxl.com/t2061-gearing-shapeshifter-merc

mercs get bugged after you resurrect them or change their gear, to fix this just rejoin game. the difference is pretty easy to notice as when they're not bugged they move very fast XD

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrum666 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:39 pm

Try with the barb whit high defense, example max inmortal, runemaster , bear stance , optional BS received sinergy from Spirit walk, ancient blood and jah in the equipment you will had 1 m def, weapons qarak will, this have resurect and nice procs, for the inmunities, IoV whit the upgrade , and gloves whith chance to summon death projector. point in Vit is recomended.
another opcions could be tundra walker, had NW , raibow damage and -ECD. in my case this func.

Good luck.

Astrum666
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fijay on Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:46 pm

Thank you both for really helpfull reply's

I am not sure what IoV is though.

A problem that I have with the barb is that I do not quite understand the skills out of reading them, they are somewhat cryptic. With the hits multiple times etc. However what skill do you lot suggest I should use in there ? Fortress sems nice to freely spam whenever its off CD, but I never manage to decide between all the melee skills.

Thanks again you two, this is highly appriciated. +1

Fijay
Siren

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrum666 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:10 pm

IoV: idol of vanity charm with upgrade you have % to cast death spiral.

I use stormblast and titan strike, sometimes a craft boots for whirlpool ,but if you use whirlpool couldnt use TS. if you use shower of rocks sometimes you have problem to chases ranged enemys, because i use stomblast. dont forget the meat shields (resurect)

Fortress is nice if you have rainbow damage or if you want spread poison.

about the merc, i like the abjurer ( act 3).
and what kind of gears you had?

Astrum666
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fijay on Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:20 pm

Currently for my barb I have several items im trying out, but honestly I cannot find a suiteable "combo" or one that sticks out.

Head: Metalhead / Sepultura
Neck : Teganze Pendant
Chest: Hratli
Weapons: Carsomyr / Qarak Will / Skelds Battlesong Shield: TU6 Gilded Shield | I see plenty of people using dualwield even with TS, so im really confused what to use here tbh.
Gloves: Facebreaker | Only Unique Choise i have atm
Belt: Dementia
Boots: Lionpaw | Only Unique Choise i have atm
Rings: 15% Thunderhammer +1 skill 10spelldmg(37psn) 45life | 15% Thunderhammer +1 skill 10spelldmg -27psn -10cold 46life

Charms is every charm exept Marco/Laz/Sleep/Uldy/Brach/Void/Chest/Triune/Ysari

Fijay
Siren

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrum666 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:39 pm

I think in this case the important is % damage reduced, i have 50% dont remember, because in faust all enemys have 300 or 400 % more damage.
For the equipment i have the same helm.
scale of the serpent.
dead touch.
sash of shadows
akarat
2 rigs of the nephalems
lamen of tha arch
qarak will or two elite hackers + 4 skill
quietus
Could be a another player more experienced can you help better.
dualwield can atack % more fast.

Astrum666
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:36 pm

@Astrum you should really use doom ammy or banish on striking Very Happy. Far more better than lamen on barb.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by BASED_GOD on Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:26 pm

I heard gekko prefer doom on barb

BASED_GOD
Ancient Fungus

I'd rather be a Devourer!
TGGood None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohmarinus on Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:24 am

Trap Rat also works well with a few good pieces of gear. It doesn't need the difficult-to-find gears you read a little higher up in this thread.

Ohmarinus
Clawstorm Terror

Why u no mac for Sigma?!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum