Poison/Cold Sorc Fauztinville

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Poison/Cold Sorc Fauztinville

Post by romanN1 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:25 am

@TQer The idea of what I said was to squeeze the character to it's max potential, not to prove that it's gear dependent. Everybody knows the power of poison sorc. I remember aerial making (not very long time ago) a poison sorc with orb+shield based on dex crafts to achieve max block and it still had a shit ton of poison damage doing duncraig and fauzt just fine.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:37 am

I see, but the problem with that is that you are assuming at least a thing: that he has all the items that you have named there.

Everybody knows the power of a lightning+ice sorc too, and you included a video of this kind of sorc weraing cheap gear on your showcase...which in my case it was great, for example, to show newbies, which are the users that are in need of more help, ways to get some basic stuff to keep on progressing without any need of looking for hard to find items, etc...

Especially for a reason: in 100% of the cases when you have all charms+items you aren´t in need of neither help nor suggestions, so it is better to show others what you can get with things that are more accesible to them.

TQer
Son of Lucion

Forum Human Rights Activist/TQ Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:00 am

That video was a tutorial for "how to..." and "what to use". This video instead is showing an alternative build. I didn't assume he already has those items.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:04 am

@romanN1 wrote:That video was a tutorial for "how to..." and "what to use". This video instead is showing an alternative build. I didn't assume he already has those items.

In any case, you could be assuming that your suggestions will lead the toon to the point where the one that made the build want it to be (and also assuming the goal of his video)

-You remove Indigo for Breathstealer, for example, to make the toon count on a good resource of LAEK from the gear instead from the skills, so then he will count on more free skill point to spend on other skills....yeah, but with that movement you have remove a -25% to all enemy resistances (and also a higher bonus of +%casting speed that maybe is crucial for him to reach the highest casting speed breakpoint), which was an important point of his build to get a better result from the staff+ring he is using I guess (I could have said the same for example: change body armor for Armor of the Old Religion to get a source of LAEK from the gear+tons of meatshield (instead of Breathstealer) to lead the toon to it´s "maximum potential" and that´s all  Wink )

TQer
Son of Lucion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:33 am

It's just your opinion but there are many ways to obtain -enemy res Wink.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:48 am

Just as there are more ways to obtain LAEK beyond breathstealer and what is said on your replies "it´s just your opinion" just like what is said on "TQer"´s ones are mine  Wink  

And sure there are more way to get a high to all -enemy resist, Who is supposed to have said the opposite?

What I wanted to point is that when suggesting gear changes you could elaborate a little bit more your suggestions: replace A for B, and to keep that bonus you can do C/or that bonus isn´t neccesary because X reason, etc...which is what you haven´t done so far.

TQer
Son of Lucion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:23 pm

I didn't feel like giving detailed arguments because I don't think that MasterRiven is a newbie. I think he knows very well why I suggested that gear Very Happy. Other than that, If you would have use aotor for the laek he would have loose the warp armor and glacial nova proc which helps alot on that build. Probably the second best armor replacement in his case would have been Hijab of the Skymother ssu ceremonial armor, but still no.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:35 pm

Well, obviously looking at the charms his sorc counts on he isn´t a newbie...in any case, and once again it is just my point of view, when suggesting alternatives it is better to give detailed arguments for one/two reasons:

-As you are posting on a forum, the things you say on your replies are not only read by the opne that creates a thread, but also for the rest (including newbies, for example, that are looking for a toon that were able to farm Fauzt. with more or less the gear they have available).

-And in this case, because actually MasterRiven has highlighted on a previous reply that he could have some problems keeping his -enemy resist high if I understood everything correctly, which being a non english speaker, not always happen in my case:

@MasterRiven wrote: Would love to swap out my amulet, I don't know how to make up all that -res though. I could use kab'd sleep and still need astro trophy which would make up a bit of it.

So yeah, especially in this case, as you are removing an item that gives that bonus as Indigo, the least thing you could do is giving him alternatives to solved what he has lost with the change, IMO....otherwise, your suggestions are just as good and useful as the one Mahitovec did in this same thread.

@romanN1 wrote: Other than that, If you would have use aotor for the laek he would have loose the warp armor and glacial nova proc which helps alot on that build. Probably the second best armor replacement in his case would have been Hijab of the Skymother ssu ceremonial armor, but still no.

As if I had suggested a gear replacement Laughing !!!, what I did with that is just to highlight what it isn´t a good way to make gear suggestions: just name an item, don´t give alternatives to keep/improve what has been lost by the change, and that´s all, which is precisely what you did. So yeah, I considered that as a way to let me know that at least you understand which is a good way and which isn´t to make gear suggestions on a thread

Last edited by TQer on Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

TQer
Son of Lucion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:44 pm

Got to agree with TQer here. The skill level of the player in question has nothing to do with it (besides when did charms actually indicate skill, especially on multiplayer, or item pack rampant sp).

If you are going to give advice, it would be much better to present your arguments in detail so that the person in question can understand the benefit from it if they have not tried that skill/item setup before. Otherwise how are they to judge? Furthermore newbies reading the discussion can gain an understanding of why you suggested those changes and hence gain knowledge of the workings of a certain aspect of the mod. Everybody wins.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:53 pm

@suchbalance wrote:Got to agree with TQer here. The skill level of the player in question has nothing to do with it (besides when did charms actually indicate skill, especially on multiplayer, or item pack rampant sp).

If you are going to give advice, it would be much better to present your arguments in detail so that the person in question can understand the benefit from it if they have not tried that skill/item setup before. Otherwise how are they to judge? Furthermore newbies reading the discussion can gain an understanding of why you suggested those changes and hence gain knowledge of the workings of a certain aspect of the mod. Everybody wins.
Was about to write that. Thumbs Up

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum