void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Poison/Cold Sorc Fauztinville

Post by romanN1 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:57 pm

Waiting to see further things with this monster MasterRiven Very Happy. I'm curious to see what it can do in other circumstances too Very Happy.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterRiven on Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:20 pm

I'm gonna do a dunc and hopefully visjun this weekend Very Happy

MasterRiven
Corruptor Warlock

TGBest 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:59 am

@MasterRiven wrote:
Thanks for the great discussion though Smile I managed to get 1x suicide note from a friend on a good trade, and got even better wizard path (20% spell, 9totem, lucky 2dr AGAIN!) and have it in that currently.

Definitely cannot change out the armor, warp armor is way way way too powerful for both myself and the elementals - I have a really nice eth aotor (you might have seen in screenshot thread) and it just pales in comparison.

Hey, MasterRiven:

Well, just in case: as I told somewhere in the middle of the discussion I wasn´t making a gear suggestion but just a random example of what is a bad way to make gear suggestions: name an item, and don´t give ways to solve what the toon is missing because of the change done.

OK, as probably I didn´t explained well my point, which isn´t a big surprise for me because my english is completely broken, let´s see if a few more explanations are of help:

-First of all, what I wanted to point is that was can be considered an "improvement" is something arguable, and that´s why I named the example of the belt replacement suggested (lunar eclipse for asheara).
For what I understood of what Roman said here, and improvement is showing a toon on its maximum potential, no matter the ways you use to get that items (or at least no matter the time you should invest to get all the things that are shown behind a build).

And what I did what just to say that not all players have to agree on that ways: in my case for example an improvement is to show a completely untwinked toon rather than a twinked one, although in the second case his kill speed and defenses will be higher obviously.

(an now that you have mentioned it, for example I would never consider an "improvement" to add to the mix something that has been obtained on a trade with other player....for me the real improvement would be to shown a completely untwinded toon kicking asses, so for example if your sorc hasn´t get by herself all the charms that you are showing there (and I´m nor predjudging you here, once again it is a random example), for me the real improvement of the thread would be to show how your sorc works using only what she has earned by herself).

-and then just a personal reflexion about how a gear suggestion has to be made IMO: if you make gear replacements the least thing you can do is to say how what has been lost by the change is recovered, in the case something important were lost. And that for a main reason: then others can analyse the quality of your suggestion.
Another random example: all of us agree that there are many ways to get  bonuses of -enemy resist to all elements: since regular mystic orbs, crafted items, items that count on that bonus, charms, medium cycles of miracles, etc...

If I tell someone, for example, to use a large amount (5-10 or whatever) of  Endless Light UMO on his jewelry to solve that is a worse advice IMO, than if other solves that with regular mystic Orbs keeping a reasonable good performance on the toon for the obvious reason: the first one impplies tons of hours of farming/trading/twinking/etc...while the second one impplies just a minute on a merchant.

And if nothing is said about how to solve what has been removed, then I cannot evaluate the quality of the advice.

Then you might agree with my point or not, and that´s up to everyone; after all it is a game, whose purpose is to have fun and every person have fun in different ways. But just as some members shared his point of view of what is an improvement for them, I thought it was a good chance to share that all not people have to see it that way, and that there are players that consider an improvement what could be the opposite way: less twinking/trading/duping or whatever, even being at the cost of what will be shown in the video is a less powerful toon.

TQer
Son of Lucion

Forum Human Rights Activist/TQ Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brentbarn on Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:42 pm

Very nice, sir

Brentbarn
Prowler

View user profile

Back to top Go down