New To The Community!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New To The Community!

Post by naut on Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:45 am

Hey guys, I recently downloaded the mod and I must say I love it, you did a great job! I played D2 for probably 10 years as a child and this mod brings a whole new life to the game for me Clap Clap

I have chosen not to play online so I could stick with version 1.12 and use a program that allows you to play at a higher resolution then default, which as it turns out makes the graphics not half bad, if only blizz would just add this functionality to the actual game.

I downloaded Hamachi and have been playing around with it, if anyone is interested in playing around together just let me know Smile

Look forward to getting to know you all.

On a side note, I noticed a thread regarding moving the website and forum to a paid host. I would be more then happy to contribute some money and put in some effort to publicize the mod and get the forums more active.

At the end of the day, any game is more fun with more people to play it with Smile

naut
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New To The Community!

Post by Rexxar on Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:38 am

Oh look, another Canadian. Spinning Mr. Green

Welcome naut. Beer

EDIT:

Also, cookie for you.

Now you can also give + cookie, or - cookie.

You will see the +/- signs at the right of the each post, except yours of course.

And if you see some post you like, you can give + cookie, but if you don't like it, you can also give - cookie.

But only once per day.

Best Regards, Rexxar

Rexxar
Cow Ninja

Lord of Nonsense

View user profile http://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=61143&p=

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:44 am

Welcome. If you would like to join us online and the only thing stopping you are the game's looks, note that you can use a glide wrapper to make d2's graphics look better, making them nice enough for a fullscreen windowed mode (at 4:3 aspect ratio) which is kind of the same effect.

My laptop's native res is 1980x1080 and I play with a fullscreen window and the graphics look nice and un-pixelated. Below are some sample screenies at that resolution:

Spoiler:

(ms paint scribble is mine Very Happy)

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xul on Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:59 am

Welcome to an awesome game and community, looking forward to chatting more! ^^

xul
Living Flame

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialDiabloEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:36 pm

Welcome to the community naut! We hope you will feel very good among us and have a great time!

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by naut on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:29 pm

Thanks guys Smile

I have a pretty solid coding background, if any of you are familiar with honorbuddy or thebuddyforum.com which is the leading bot for WoW and has grown to cover majority of popular games today, including D3 and Path of Exile. I am a community developer on those forums and have developed many programs over the years, so if any help is needed with coding for the mod or if you need some help with something you may be working on personally feel free to ask Smile

naut
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:11 pm

Check out the Sigma section. They requested help from coders there. I'd love to help out myself, but I don't know c# yet, only vba, vb.net, html, css, and learning php and jscript with MySql currently.

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko64 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:40 pm

welcome to the community naut, I've sent you a PM Smile

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down