Few questions from newbie

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Few questions from newbie

Post by Vertix on Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:32 pm

1. Is my gear good enough for terror? (i downed some of ubers easily, akarat in like ~2seconds for example)

Link

2. Do i max my skills good? (last image in link above)

3. At which point i should upgrade my gear from tiered uniques? Can i rush through destruction ubers with tier 6 upgraded uniques?

4. Are mercenaries (and gearing them) worth it in Median? If yes, then which one should help me the most?

Vertix
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Few questions from newbie

Post by munkyh3ad on Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:32 pm

1. Good choices for a barbarian, just bring them to T6 and start MOing them with %ED %TCD -resist and maybe some speed modifiers for Attack or whatever you need to reach fewer frames (use this http://www.medianxl.com/t5893-speed-mechanics-explained-updated-speedcalc) And definitelly change your rings/amulet and try Oil of (Blessed)Luck on all items/jewels before you start MOing your gear.

2. Can't tell since it's only 1 page, and i think you put points on at least another page. But somehow i feel you can do better.

3. I get to 120 in Terror, do all chalanges/minigames, get around 200 learning signets from Griswold or Nihlathak, collect shrines, disenchant uniqs and signet set pieces or uniq jewel/ring/amy/bolts, up all gear to T6 and sometims mix with some runeword and then i'm off to Destruction, and never look back. By doing so the regular game is easy, and few ubers as well with just T6. Then eventually get some Sacred uniqs or craft something.

4. Mmm, they are fine in the regular game but they don't survive long in most uber areas. I'd get an Act V Barb or an Act II Fighter mage.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vertix on Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:48 pm

1. Where can i get some good amulets/rings aside from drop? Rest of this gear i got from gift box, armor crafted and boots gambled ^^. Also, what do you mean by "-resist"?

2. On second page i have one point in everything in melee row. I use earthquake  and thunderslam only

Vertix
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:57 pm

Go for stormblast, it hits 25 times per second. -resist MOs refer to -enemy fire/cold/lightning/poison resist.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vertix on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:00 pm

Yep, i did mean stormblast.

Vertix
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:03 pm

Then go -enemy lightning resist since stormblast converts physical to lightning and you should go for bear stance for bonus damage, defense, damaged reduced% and ignoring undead immunities Smile. With lion stance you take much more damage from mobs.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vertix on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:09 pm

Is it worth maxing stormblast/earthquake?
And regarsing stance, i don't feel like mobs hitting me that hard that i die. I oneshooted akarat hatred with it and doesn't have problem taking damage from adds in k3k (it might be because of 15 apples in my character orb

Vertix
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:10 pm

It's not worth maxing those skills atm. Regarding stance, be it your way, just saying what's better Very Happy.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vertix on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:15 pm

Ye, i might consider using bear stance when i'll get oneshooted by some uber in the future ^^

As i asked before, you know how should i get better amulets/rings aside from praying for drop? I tried chaos reroll, but it seems that i get magic amu's only

Vertix
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:20 pm

@Vertix wrote:Ye, i might consider using bear stance when i'll get oneshooted by some uber in the future ^^

As i asked before, you know how should i get better amulets/rings aside from praying for drop? I tried chaos reroll, but it seems that i get magic amu's only

Gamble rings/amulets until you get a rare one. Re-roll with oils of renewal until you get desirable stats. At your level though, i wouldn't waste too much time on this. Once you're over 100 and have access to higher ilvl jewelry, then it's more worthwhile to do this

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum