Self crashing the game via CtC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Self crashing the game via CtC

Post by subspeedoflight on Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:42 am

Im new to median-xl and have a problem, Im doing a melee Sorc but im not going the traditional route of starhawk because i hate going meta ( hence even the melee sorc). I have CtC on all my gear and im pretty sure i have as much attack speed as i can ( cant hit next breakpoints i think). Every time i get into a fight with a pack, before they are dead all sprites disappear from screen, im pretty sure its my casts because my rig is good and so is my internet. Im not sure if theres a fix other than changing build Razz Anyone know of a fix? Thanks
Sub

subspeedoflight
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Self crashing the game via CtC

Post by Punhetaman on Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:50 am

I'm not sure, but I think that too many sprites crashes the game, and it happens because the engine of D2 can't handle that much (having a good computer/Internet doesn't help at all). Neutral

Punhetaman
Kill Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:15 am

yeee you're probably hitting the sprite limit. the only fix is to re-code the diablo 2 engine (or something to that effect)

See this thread:
http://www.medianxl.com/t331-sprite-limit?highlight=sprite+limit

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by subspeedoflight on Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:26 am

@Asteroth wrote:yeee you're probably hitting the sprite limit. the only fix is to re-code the diablo 2 engine (or something to that effect)

See this thread:
http://www.medianxl.com/t331-sprite-limit?highlight=sprite+limit

Is there a way to maybe hide the sprites? or just disable spell sprites that i do?

subspeedoflight
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by naut on Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:16 am

Are you playing Single or Multiplayer?

SP games are capped at 25fps, but you can host a TCP/IP game and play your single player characters in a hosted game instead. Your lag will be minimal as you are the person hosting the game and noone else is in it. This unlocks the online FPS cap of 60.

naut
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by subspeedoflight on Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:23 am

@naut wrote:Are you playing Single or Multiplayer?

SP games are capped at 25fps, but you can host a TCP/IP game and play your single player characters in a hosted game instead. Your lag will be minimal as you are the person hosting the game and noone else is in it. This unlocks the online FPS cap of 60.
im on TSW

subspeedoflight
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:58 am

Nope, other than re-coding the D2 engine there is nothing to be done about it. Sure Marco could tone down the eye-candy but the eye-candy is half the point of all those procs. Would be like going to a fireworks maker and saying, "But yeah, couldn't you make them less......colorful?"

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by subspeedoflight on Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:49 am

@grimjerk wrote:Nope, other than re-coding the D2 engine there is nothing to be done about it. Sure Marco could tone down the eye-candy but the eye-candy is half the point of all those procs. Would be like going to a fireworks maker and saying, "But yeah, couldn't you make them less......colorful?"

wish there was an option to disable self cast/proc animations, would make my screen easier Razz owell, ill live

subspeedoflight
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Borgin on Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:46 am

There is a good way to disable proc animations- remove the gear with the proc.

Seriously, you don't need to be running procs on all your gear. Cut down on 'em and you'll be fine.

Borgin
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum