Idea for a custom uber

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Idea for a custom uber

Post by archon256 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:16 pm

@Preset path:
Make her AI only react to threats at melee range (i.e. Witch AI with even smaller radius), then make a trail of invisible neutral/allied-to-player monster. The boss will then pounce from one to the next until it reaches its destination. Make it so that each pounce kills the invisible monster, which then releases missiles that target the player.

You also might not need a melee-OHKO shield-skill then, because if you get too close she'll kill you by pouncing on you instead. But you could always add such a skill for reliability.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:38 pm

Welcome back archon256.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:54 pm

@archon256 wrote:@Preset path:
Make her AI only react to threats at melee range (i.e. Witch AI with even smaller radius), then make a trail of invisible neutral/allied-to-player monster. The boss will then pounce from one to the next until it reaches its destination. Make it so that each pounce kills the invisible monster, which then releases missiles that target the player.

You also might not need a melee-OHKO shield-skill then, because if you get too close she'll kill you by pouncing on you instead. But you could always add such a skill for reliability.

that's pretty much what I said, but in just like 7 words Razz

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Westville on Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:35 pm

Lol... Just make her think she has 5 percent life and give her the Mephisto ai so that she runs away from you anytime you step in screen and limit her options to away from you or to you haha

Westville
Arachnida

Ace of Spades
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:23 pm

^ I like this idea. Cookie monster

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:24 pm

> make her think she has 5 percent life Laughing

As for NPC's following a preset path, this is bound to their AI. Additionally, they will not constantly follow the path, some times they stall and stay there. They also stall when the player gets in interaction range. There's the "Towner" AI that's a little more close. As far as I remember this is the AI used by those niggas walking around in act 2 town. Those just constantly walk following their attributed path, but then again this AI only allows this and can't really be used for a monster.

I've been meaning to look into those paths though (which are attributed through the map files), and eventually have them on actual monsters.

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:09 pm

@whist wrote:As for NPC's following a preset path, this is bound to their AI. Additionally, they will not constantly follow the path, some times they stall and stay there. They also stall when the player gets in interaction range. There's the "Towner" AI that's a little more close. As far as I remember this is the AI used by those niggas walking around in act 2 town. Those just constantly walk following their attributed path, but then again this AI only allows this and can't really be used for a monster.

I see, so the leader plugin hack wouldn't work because any idiot could just walk over the path and it'd be reset. That's disappointing. Well, there's always Archon's idea.

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:12 pm

Actual compatibility to the existing lore ? None ? We definately need this coded for next patch.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:21 pm

I can make it compatible.
But no use in doing so, because it is not supposed to be added to MXL:U. ^^

BTW about the pounce thing...
I could imagine something like WW clone for monsters with witch AI.

Judith doesn't even have to be 1 monster. Can be many helpers around, just the one for the HP bar matters for the kill then, but nobody could notice that anyway.
Westville's idea is still best though IMO.

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:50 pm

well to be rather honest, I didn't read the thread for a simple reason (that I've said a few times), and that is that I already have a fuckton of uberquest ideas pending on my head, and for obvious reasons I will take mine. The one I have now in mind will pretty much cover all acts and classes, it will probably require 343 reagents (I wasn't trolling) to complete the charm, and likely beating some uberquests a few hundred times too, and will probably require beating over 10 different new uberlevels and over 50+ new uberbosses (sigma obv - and yes I'm serious)

of course its no problem if you brainstorm/dream about cool uber ideas, but I just want to be clear and say there's no chance for any of them (so don't get your hopes up Razz )

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum