Last edited by MasterRiven on Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

MasterRiven
Corruptor Warlock

TGBest 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Accounts hacked

Post by Westville on Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:17 pm

Best part of this mod is that they can track IPs and heck even items. Hope you didn't share your account with anyone else they may do nothing and say sharing accounts is a risk. Dont stress over this and go blow up realms; just wait for ahhz or nomercy etc to check who did it and take care of it...back on d2m someone once did this to me...Sunny ended up giving me the password to the guys account who took my stuff and IP banned him. Managed to get all my shit back plus all of his =D

Westville
Arachnida

Ace of Spades
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterRiven on Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:21 pm

@Westville wrote:Best part of this mod is that they can track IPs and heck even items. Hope you didn't share your account with anyone else they may do nothing and say sharing accounts is a risk. Dont stress over this and go blow up realms; just wait for ahhz or nomercy etc to check who did it and take care of it...back on d2m someone once did this to me...Sunny ended up giving me the password to the guys account who took my stuff and IP banned him. Managed to get all my shit back plus all of his =D

No one else had my password, not even my closest friend - and if it was him, I'd have lost my other mule accounts as well as he knows their names (not passwords) - the one safe one I had had an unrelated name so I'm certain that person just guessed my password. Just waiting for an admin to take a look, if all I got back was my sorc I wouldn't even care too much about the rest. If I get nothing back then oh well.

MasterRiven
Corruptor Warlock

TGBest 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:32 pm

Wait is this THC? I spoke to THC about same issue and we figured out it wasn't a hack by checking logs.

Also Westville you owe me astro charms as half the 1100 tg deal remember?

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:52 pm

So, who took his items ?

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:59 pm

who knows? he cleared his main post. Either way this is hardly the server's fault.

most people have really retarded passwords. so it might have been guessed.

also beware all games created by blizzard use case-INsensitive passwords. Yes it's extremely fucked up, like them.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:13 pm

Okay, let's clear this up:

1) @MasterRiven: your password was a joke. I hope you can understand that we cannot re-build characters that easily. It involves opening a back up of the character and then going through every item's unique code to then do a global search to find where the item currently is. Using a back-up is not an option because this basically duplicates items. Next time, please use a real password for your account.

2) The 'thief' got busted by aahz (around 8 accts locked). Apparently he tried to log into several accounts by guessing the passwords. I guess this serves us as a lesson to use more complex alphanumeric passwords.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:19 pm

Yea let's try to avoid those 1234 passwords. Lol

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred