So I started playing again...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So I started playing again...

Post by Dillonz on Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:32 pm

It's been around two-ish years since I've leveled all the way to 120 Gramps preaching. This is the first time in a while that I’ve made it there and that I’ve been fully sufficient. The good old trap rat druid was what took me to around level 100 then I farmed the last levels in terror/destruction K3K as a poison caster until 120.

I know K3K is supposed to be easy, but I’ve finding it pretty hard on this character… Poison is the easiest way I’ve found except for the fact that I’m super squishy (the death count is pretty high). With trap rat, I could never safely kill the totems and with tree I don’t even know how I’m supposed to do damage without end-game gear.

My current goal is to finish the trap rat set (I have one more piece) then I can hopefully grab some more charms and finally do terror fauzt to finish the BRC.

What I’ve learned:
   - Charms are hard to get without my necro and barb buddies carrying me through everything
   - This game was a lot easier before “slows target” got nerfed

So if you have any tips, feel free to mention them! I’m gonna go back to farming and dying now.

Dillonz
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So I started playing again...

Post by Str0b3l on Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:37 pm

ahoi
1. read traprat guide by mike, this build is pretty strong overall untwinked but as you recognized sucks in k3k
2. if you got additional questions to this char/build keep posting in this topic, if you have different small questions use short question thread

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:43 pm

Thorn wall got buffed this last patch and now does 67% more damage. Should be a really good skill to kill totems with probably.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:45 pm

Try Elvensong.
As a caster it gives you meat shields and as a trap rat it reduces the number of targets for Quill Storm.

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillonz on Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:00 pm

@Str0b3l: Yea I've been checking out the guide and it's helped me thus far, but I've hit a bit of a wall.
@suchbalance: It seems like it does a burst of damage then stops hitting for some reason. I dunno if I'm crazy if this is actually the case. Also trap rat is a little slow so standing still and casting usually gets me HR locked and I die ._.
@void: I might give this a try!

Edit: Wow the elvensong helped a lot more than I thought it would. Those charmed skeletons definitely take a lot more hits than my summons. My clear speed and survivability have both increased :^]

Dillonz
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum