Help Improve My Parasite Necromancer Please!

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help Improve My Parasite Necromancer Please!

Post by Damnation on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:18 pm

I read 5-10 threads about this build but I'm having a hard time. Everything is horribly slow and killing bosses are just me suicide bombing until I finally wear them down. I'm in Act 4 Destruction(lvl 120) and only doing 12-30K Damage on Parasite and 3-6.5K Whirlpool damage. The goal is to smax Graveyard but there is absolutely no way I can do Black Road Challenge until I get some SUs. I feel very weak, any advice would be appreciated! I've rerolled several of chars and figured this would be my best bet to get my foot in the door for SU farming of ANY type. THANK YOU

Stats:
7865 HP
2429 str(1120 base)
247 Dex(25 base)
48 Vit(20 base)
44 Energy(25 base)

81/83/77/83(max resist)
2783 Attack Rating
182708 Defense

Right now my skills are:

Special:

Max Death Ward

Support/Battle:

Pre-req Massacre
Pre-req Angel of Death(every thread I read said use this single target but it was worse than Parasite it seems)
Max Famine
Max Parasite
Max Deathlord
Pre-req Buckshot
Pre-req Flametail Shot
Max Dragonfire Oil

Totems:
Max Embalming
Pre-req Sacrifices
Pre-req Bend the Shadows
Pre-req Bane
1 Point Talon's Hold for reanimate

Gear:

(Chthon)Sur RW Bonesplitter(could reroll to get double MO, have plenty of rolling resources)
Dreadlord RW Helm
Steel Golem Gothic Plate(6) with 15x total char defense MOs
(Aiwass)Zod RW Gloves
Crafted boots with 7 to Whirlpool crafted with % str shrine
2x Empyrean Band Ring
+3 to all 5% lvl 44 Doom amulet, 250 life

Charms:

Harkon Crystal
Sunstone of the Elements
Soulstone Shard with Ennead and Level Challenge 2 completed.

Merc:

Sucks, not really sure what to use. I read to use priestess merc but she is worthless.

Damnation
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help Improve My Parasite Necromancer Please!

Post by GregMXL on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:37 pm

Erawan runeword in a sacred armor. Get the double mo on chthon weapon immediately. Make sure your attack rating and life leech is solid with double mo. Use a Jah runeword circlet. Deadfall belt, you can dex craft boots and gloves if you have shrines. If not maybe megalith runeword for boots. Even pul runeword in gauntlets will be awesome with maxed dragonfire oil. Try crafting jewels using a ber rune and aim for 2% life leech and 2% strength. Make sure you get -100 enemy poison and fire.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnation on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:47 pm

@GregMXL wrote:Erawan runeword in a sacred armor. Get the double mo on chthon weapon immediately. Make sure your attack rating and life leech is solid with double mo. Use a Jah runeword circlet. Deadfall belt, you can dex craft boots and gloves if you have shrines. If not maybe megalith runeword for boots. Even pul runeword in gauntlets will be awesome with maxed dragong ire oil. Try crafting jewels using a ber rune and aim for 2% life leech and 2% srrength.

I was actually going to switch to Erawan but I figured it was extremely similar to Steel Golem. Maybe with Sacred armor(ancient armor or something?) I can get way higher armor, thanks!

Okay, good to know. I'll do that... I'll roll it over 350% with that, it should increase my damage, appreciate it Smile

I forgot to mention, I am using Deadfall

So instead of str shrine, use dex shrine? Should I throw some points into dex or just do the craft? I am on Single Player so no shortage on shrines. Do you suggest keeping Whirlpool on the new boots I craft?

Jah RW circlet mostly for the Life on Kill, right?

I'll give those gloves a try, thank you Smile

So a few things... I may have issues with resists as I'm still using pgems for resists, maybe I can craft thsoe jewels with 2% str + leech + resists if I get lucky. Also, what do you think about Empyreans Band rings? Are they a good pick? I saw in a Stoya video he uses the level 1 rings(Ring of Disengagement) and throws -15% poison/fire resist and the thunder hammer MOs on them but I wasn't sure if my damage was good enough for that to matter at all.

Thank you very much for all the info!

Damnation
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:26 pm

I really don't think you need whirlpool until you face bosses like Jitan. Empyrean bands are awesome but I use Disengagements cause of speed and mo space. I usually mo them with thunderhammer, enemy resists and strength/magic find. I think you can do a glove dex craft with 15% dex, nice attack rating and stormblast proc if you have enough abandoned shrines. Try to find Vizharan wand on switch and buff yourself with lionheart and tainted blood. Angel of death will work nice on some bosses with enemy poison resists. I remember someone mentioning the Cinadide Pally set armor with Flamestrike proc being fun too. On my Erawan I have 15,700 defense with an ancient armor.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnation on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:32 pm

@GregMXL wrote:I really don't think you need whirlpool until you face bosses like Jitan. Empyrean bands are awesome but I use Disengagements cause of speed and mo space. I usually mo them with thunderhammer, enemy resists and strength/magic find. I think you can do a glove dex craft with 15% dex, nice attack rating and stormblast proc if you have enough abandoned shrines. Try to find Vizharan wand on switch and buff yourself with lionheart and tainted blood. Angel of death will work nice on some bosses with enemy poison resists. I remember someone mentioning the Cinadide Pally set armor with Flamestrike proc being fun too.

Awesome thanks a ton. I'm brand new so all of this info is great.

I'll craft boots and gloves. I'm currently trying to get a 55%+ double MO weapon. I'm assuming Bonesplitter is the best base so I'll work on that, then the gloves/boots. Then I'll try those rings out as I have a ton of them laying around.

Damnation
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:35 pm

Ideally I think using Xorine rings(which I've yet to find so far) would work nice with graveyard. You should be able to do the BRC with this setup though. Just make sure you have nice damage reduction %, lifeleech and attack rating and you can easily do Terror Fauzt. Just go a little slow and try to angel of death those scumbag necrobots. Aim for 15% on the ancient armor for the runeword roll and get the 1% on the armor pre runeword if you can.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnation on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:39 pm

@GregMXL wrote:Ideally I think using Xorine rings(which I've yet to find so far) would work nice with graveyard. You should be able to do the BRC with this setup though. Just make sure you have nice damage reduction %, lifeleech and attack rating and you can easily do Terror Fauzt. Just go a little slow and try to angel of death those scumbag necrobots. Aim for 15% on the ancient armor for the runeword roll and get the 1% on the armor pre runeword if you can.

I actually have found 2 Xorine rings. Do you think I should give those a shot? I don't have GY yet so I can wait until after BRC. I'll try terror Fauzt after I get this all put together. Do you think my skill points are well put together? I'm willing to change anything. I put points into Embalming because I had left over, otherwise I'd have put them into GY.

Damnation
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:41 pm

You can get even 2% dr with blessed oil of luck on your armor before making the runeword. But why not use jitan's kamon instead of erawan? It has insane tri ele damage, 10 dr% plus those guard towers that help leech more life Very Happy.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by woods879 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:01 am

@romanN1 wrote:You can get even 2% dr with blessed oil of luck on your armor before making the runeword. But why not use jitan's kamon instead of erawan? It has insane tri ele damage, 10 dr% plus those guard towers that help leech more life Very Happy.

Well Jitan's low defense is an issue(for some classes)

woods879
Siren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:02 am

Not for necro dude...And even if it may be a problem nobody stops you from mo`ing ed, tcd, and socketing with jah runes...the procs will take care of the damage issues and let's not forget that necro has famine that gives a lot of life leech and a shit ton of weapon damage...

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum