Question About Halls of the Dead Level 3 Uberquest Level Challenge

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question About Halls of the Dead Level 3 Uberquest Level Challenge

Post by DasEeoo on Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:48 am

Hello, I just killed all three Amazon immunity ladies in the Uberquest in there for the Sunstones. My character is level 41, and a Fire/Ice Sorc. I died a great many times doing it, so don't even ask.
Anyway, I got all three Sunstones, and I've been trying to transmute them using the formula I found on this forum for the improved Sunstones using scrolls of portal and identify.
It's not working. Has the formula changed/have there been other requirements? I'm playing v.1.13 of Diablo, modded with Median XL obviously.
I got the version I'm using from this link at Moddb. [http://www.moddb.com/mods/median-xl/downloads/median-xl-199-latest-version1] I'm unsure if it's up to date or what, but it seemed like it when I was just perusing looking for Diablo mods. I love the mod so far, though. My favorite part is that melee is more viable for other classes like Sorc given this mod, and the Dex-based armors are pretty sweet, along with Energy damage scaling.
Anyway, yeah. I have no idea what's up. It was extraordinarily hard to kill those damn Amazons at level 40, so I'd really like to reap the benefits associated with the level challenge, if possible. I'll leave my instance of Diablo open in the background on my computer in case whatever I need to do depends on them presently being dead. (i.e. no save/re-enter)

DasEeoo
Jungle Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question About Halls of the Dead Level 3 Uberquest Level Challenge

Post by ToApeiron on Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:55 am

The scrolls are no longer needed. Just cube teach sunstone with the main stone when the fancy swirls show up.

ToApeiron
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DasEeoo on Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:58 am

fancy swirls?

DasEeoo
Jungle Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:01 am

Download: http://www.moddb.com/mods/median-xl-ultimative/downloads/median-xl-ultimative-xvc

Documentation: http://mxl.vn.cz/doc/

Realm: http://www.medianxl.com/h15-the-sin-war

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DasEeoo on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:03 am

What will that do? I know it's an update or something, but am I legit going to have to kill them all again? that took me like an hour of running around in circles casting Abyss.
Also
If I install that will my saves still function?

DasEeoo
Jungle Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by woods879 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:16 am

Actually, the max level for the thunder stone is 50 or below, not 40. How is it taking you an hour? I understand that it can be hard, but not that hard. Get a merc, uptier your gear, and level up a bit more, etc.....

woods879
Siren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DasEeoo on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:19 am

?
I don't know what you're talking about.
I completed it at level 40 just to get it out of the way.
But that's not relevant to my question anyway.

DasEeoo
Jungle Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:46 am

You downloaded an 8 years old version - see that date on the logo in your link? I think back then you had to cube the sunstone dropped with a scroll while you have swirlies around your character (within 30 seconds of killing a priestess).

You have to use the links quirinus posted to get up to speed. Yes you will have to start again. It's not so bad however, learn how to create and upgrade a tiered unique chest armour piece and how to MO it with enhanced defence. Make sure to max out the cold and fire tree passives in order to achieve a high defence. Your second time around will be much easier when you know that.

Last edited by suchbalance on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:00 am; edited 2 times in total

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DasEeoo on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:51 am

When you say 'start again' do you mean like 'new game'? Also, is there a guide you can send me to regarding this item creation stuff? I don't know how to do that. All I ever did with the cube was unsocket an item and up tier gems. No clue how to create junk or anything.

DasEeoo
Jungle Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:57 am

Yes start over with a completely new character on the new version, because they are not compatible that far back in the past.

See the link above, that quirinus posted, it is the documentation. http://mxl.vn.cz/doc/

There you will find a list of all cube recipes, and also a list of all tiered uniques, so you can chose what to create.

Also when you farm griswald on normal he will drop a gift box, which when transmuted in the cube will give you some nice sorc uniques, to make your leveling process back to 40 faster on the new version.

Here is a link to the most detailed guide ever written on creating your very own sorc: http://www.medianxl.com/t456-v6e-tanya-the-sorceress

There you will find all info about everything and a general walkthrough of all chalenges, a bit of a read but worth it.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum