help on barb build

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

help on barb build

Post by Goku on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:21 am

working on making a fortress barb, but wanted to make it a fortress / melee style, didn't see a guide that was that kinda style, I see mostly fortress only, wasn't sure if there was a guide I missed, that you know of, if so I would love to get the link if not thanks anyways Very Happy

Goku
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: help on barb build

Post by romanN1 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:40 am

Look for stoya's immortal king guide. Search button helps a lot Wink

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:41 am

yeah I just discovered the search button Razz, sorry about the dumb questions Very Happy

Goku
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BASED_GOD on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:44 am

Summoning gekko

BASED_GOD
Ancient Fungus

I'd rather be a Devourer!
TGGood None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:19 pm

+1 Mr Green

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko64 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:30 pm

Stoya's build is mainly a melee fighter taking advantage of the synergy between stormblast and nimmenjuushin axe, fortress is just for support there. I'm playing a similar build now and I don't cast fortress, I just smaxed wolf companion for range on the proc from Nero RW belt Very Happy

Most fortress barbs can ( and probably should for max efficency ) be melee fighters too, since all barbarian melee skills are great 1pters it's a very small investment. Thunderslam is awesome ( always hits, fullscreen stun and poison+slow spread if you use snake stance ) and iceburst/stormblast are required to deal with single targets like k3kba totems.

You also have to decide how many points you want to put into wolf companion, you can get insane range from it but since all towers shoot the same target, with very high range they will shoot stuff far offscreen in open areas and you'll need a melee attack to deal with nearby mobs.

Read the Godbarian, Fortress Barbarian and Nephalem Nuke guides, they are all well done and will help you figure out how to create your own barbarian Smile

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:09 am

@Gekko64 wrote:Stoya's build is mainly a melee fighter taking advantage of the synergy between stormblast and nimmenjuushin axe, fortress is just for support there. I'm playing a similar build now and I don't cast fortress, I just smaxed wolf companion for range on the proc from Nero RW belt Very Happy

Most fortress barbs can ( and probably should for max efficency ) be melee fighters too, since all barbarian melee skills are great 1pters it's a very small investment. Thunderslam is awesome ( always hits, fullscreen stun and poison+slow spread if you use snake stance ) and iceburst/stormblast are required to deal with single targets like k3kba totems.

You also have to decide how many points you want to put into wolf companion, you can get insane range from it but since all towers shoot the same target, with very high range they will shoot stuff far offscreen in open areas and you'll need a melee attack to deal with nearby mobs.

Read the Godbarian, Fortress Barbarian and Nephalem Nuke guides, they are all well done and will help you figure out how to create your own barbarian Smile
I was wondering I saw stoya build and I like that idea of his immortal king one, but the question I have is should I go all str? or should I work for max block? or should I stick to dual weild? lol I want it to be tanky and do some decent dmg to farm with, any ideas?

Goku
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:52 am

If I remember, the Inmortal barb of Stoya was a dual wield barb, using blood hatred. So max block is out of discussion.Going all STR? Do you have a good reason for doing that? I mean, going to Lion stance, or full NW biased. If not, you should go with 100 DEX, STR for equip(200-300) and the left stat points going to vitality. Barb get great rewards from vitality's investment.

Also, fortress was main skill in my guide cause my barb was an untwinked one, with only spiritu guide as defense. Under those conditions, you don't have astronomic defense, and was captain obvoius decision go to ranged/kite style using fortress. However, still I recomend use the melee skills like TS, and SB, cause they're good skills. More, if you wish some day kill Astrogha, you need a single target damage dealer skill...and then SB comes to play. The focused ranged playstyle was my decision, still I say in the guide that you can go to melee IF YOU WISH (and if you have good equip)

If you choose the KS+RM way, you get more defense, so you can go to melee whitout the risk of being punched on the face alll time...

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku on Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:37 am

cuz my main goal is to have a max block , melee / fortress barb, but since im still new to the median xl, I am very lost on what would be a good setup, that is decent kill speed, and still be very tanky, or on what skills I should be putting in what, I heard kraken barbs are good, but I been working on crafting a good help, but before all that just trying to figure out on skills / stats

Goku
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:41 am

@Gekko64 wrote:

Did you miss this part? Even though these guides were written some time ago they still apply because the skills themselves were not changed. As Gekko said you can read them to get ideas on gear/what skills to level/playstile etc + improve your general median understanding.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum