Idea for locked chests

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Idea for locked chests

Post by Jaffakeik on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:04 pm

The idea is when u open locked chests in D2 it should be more rewarding,than boxes that are not locked,because u taking up space with keys in relatively small inventory.So to compensate locked chests should hold in em at least blue magic item or rare yellow one as 100% drop or maybe greater chance to get unique item or something like that.Atleast it would give some point in having locked chests in game.
Thanks.

Last edited by Jaffakeik on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding more to it)

Jaffakeik
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Idea for locked chests

Post by Stealthmaster on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:08 pm

That awkward moment when a locked chest drops a key... Mr Green

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:24 pm

Good point. But why even open boxes if you can farm things in much easier ways?
Maybe you're new to the game? You can easily make magic or rare items from normal or even broken ones. So really, there's no point in increasing the item quality even more, because then chests would need to drop uniques, and that would be just OP.

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthmaster on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:33 pm

@void wrote:But why even open boxes?

Maybe it's just me, but UMO's drop from chests/corpses/hollow logs rather often.

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaffakeik on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:56 pm

im not new i played for couple months medial xl back in 2012,to this new mod i am new,and i am aware that farming is easier,i just wanted to point out items what is useless but could be made bit useful.

Jaffakeik
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:05 pm

Considering that the opportunity cost of carrying a key stack is virtually zero, until you complete all uberquests and have inventory full of triune cycles, I don't feel like you need to compensate for anything.

In a way you are getting your extra loot because you carry the key - that's the compensation. Besides the locked ones do drop better than the non-locked ones right? Seems so from my experience at least, but it might just be my imagination.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:53 pm

They can drop more items, double i believe than ones that are not locked, so already a better chance to get something good. And the assassin doesn't even need keys to open them. So they have a point and i think they are fine like this.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:04 am

Another project for Whist...

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:17 am

I've just always found the whole locked chest thing to be a bit of a "reality breaker" in the game.

"I am a vastly powerful (Character Class X). I can bring down mountains with a single blow of my weapon. I cast reality shattering spells. I command otherworldly creatures. Oh look, a chest. Fuck!!! It's locked and and I don't have a key."

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inertia on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:46 am

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure if you can control the treasureclass (or whatever it's called) for chests, but if not, you could replace every chest with the golden sparkly ones via map editing as I think chests are manually placed and not random. That would make them better, but I don't know good golden chests are. I have no idea how long that would take to do though.

I know the thread was about locked chests, but I mean, the whole locked chest thing sucks anyway, it's just a waste of time to go buy keys to open the chest. Would be better to just make chests drop more in general or change its mechanics entirely.

Inertia
Astral Guardian

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum