Idea for locked chests

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Idea for locked chests

Post by XXVII on Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:35 pm

It would be better if keys were not sold at NPC's and were actually difficult to find (like great runes) and then have the locked chests drop something more worthy like a SU.

XXVII
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishab on Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:30 pm

@XXVII wrote:It would be better if keys were not sold at NPC's and were actually difficult to find (like great runes) and then have the locked chests drop something more worthy like a SU.

The future~~

O perfect secret nagi N 5 keys

Rishab
Ancient Fungus

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Borgin on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:39 pm

@Inertia wrote:Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure if you can control the treasureclass (or whatever it's called) for chests, but if not, you could replace every chest with the golden sparkly ones via map editing as I think chests are manually placed and not random. That would make them better, but I don't know good golden chests are. I have no idea how long that would take to do though.

I know the thread was about locked chests, but I mean, the whole locked chest thing sucks anyway, it's just a waste of time to go buy keys to open the chest. Would be better to just make chests drop more in general or change its mechanics entirely.
Chests are not manually placed.

Borgin
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohmarinus on Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:07 pm

@void wrote:Good point. But why even open boxes if you can farm things in much easier ways?
Maybe you're new to the game? You can easily make magic or rare items from normal or even broken ones. So really, there's no point in increasing the item quality even more, because then chests would need to drop uniques, and that would be just OP.

The only COTW I found was from a chest in TA Smile

Ohmarinus
Clawstorm Terror

Why u no mac for Sigma?!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:33 pm

@Borgin wrote:
@Inertia wrote:Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure if you can control the treasureclass (or whatever it's called) for chests, but if not, you could replace every chest with the golden sparkly ones via map editing as I think chests are manually placed and not random. That would make them better, but I don't know good golden chests are. I have no idea how long that would take to do though.

I know the thread was about locked chests, but I mean, the whole locked chest thing sucks anyway, it's just a waste of time to go buy keys to open the chest. Would be better to just make chests drop more in general or change its mechanics entirely.
Chests are not manually placed.

Most, you mean. There is the chest in lair of the spided a3 that always drops the eye, amongst others.

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum