Question regarding gold sink.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question regarding gold sink.

Post by Ethario on Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:09 am

First off I want to thank the creators of this mod its just wonderful.

I am a new player and have got a lvl 70 amazon now. I was wondering if later on there is any reason to hoard gold.
I have 1 million gold now which probably is nothing to high level characters but I don't seem to have a way to spend it.
Mystic orbs & other crafting items seem to be very cheap. Will there be anything to spend my gold on later on ?

Thank you.

Ethario
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question regarding gold sink.

Post by Stealthmaster on Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:17 am

If you're playing with PlugY I suggest you to gamble jewels (they are expensive) and put them in your stash. Jewels and oils of jewelcrafting from the vendors are needed to craft powerful jewels. If you playing a spearzon, javazon or bloodzon you'll need those jewels mid-to-end game. If you're playing a bowazon jewels are not needed but can be keeped for another characters if you want to make them twinked. Also gold is needed to repair expensive endgame SU items and runewords.

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:34 am

The biggest gold sink (unless you play with plugy) comes on destruction ubers. It's the death penalty Very Happy

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:34 am

repair costs for items made of runewords and reviving mercenaries

Some of my items get million gold repair costs...

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:45 am

Don't start thinking about gold sink so early, reach destro and see how much you die and how much gold you have left Smile trust me you'll need to farm gold rather than sink it.

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethario on Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:44 pm

Thank you for the many answers. I had no idea PlugY was making it so I didn't lose gold on death. (I thought regular stored gold was safe aswell).
Now I have to decide if I want to keep "cheating" with plugy or be a man and lose gold on death Very Happy.

So what about gambling jewels ? Can't you just get a high iLVL jewel and reroll it with oil of renewal ? Why would I want to gamble jewels ? (uniques ?)

Ethario
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:48 pm

No you want to gamble them because when you jewelcraft, each time you use a jewel it loses ilvls so you have to get a good source of fresh ones.

About "be a man and lose gold on death" honestly it never bothered me, I really liked that feature. It doesn't matter much but it's a bit of pain in the ass when you suddenly notice that you have no money left to buy a throwing weapon or rune and your repair costs are 200k etc.
In SP my rules were:
No cheating/duping etc
No maphack
Now if I would play SP I would definitely use maphack like I do in MP, but I would still not dupe/cheat, that would be boring IMO. So if you want to play by the "be a man rules" just don't dupe/cheat and its ok Smile
Dismissing the PlugY feature of saving gold is like dismissing PlugY's feature of infinite stash. You don't have it infinite in MP but you have in SP yet you consider the gold saving cheating Very Happy think about it ^_^

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:41 pm

Remember when gambling for jewels to jewelcraft with, make sure they're ilvl 99.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethario on Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:41 pm

@aspirine101 wrote:No you want to gamble them because when you jewelcraft, each time you use a jewel it loses ilvls so you have to get a good source of fresh ones.

About "be a man and lose gold on death" honestly it never bothered me, I really liked that feature. It doesn't matter much but it's a bit of pain in the ass when you suddenly notice that you have no money left to buy a throwing weapon or rune and your repair costs are 200k etc.
In SP my rules were:
No cheating/duping etc
No maphack
Now if I would play SP I would definitely use maphack like I do in MP, but I would still not dupe/cheat, that would be boring IMO. So if you want to play by the "be a man rules" just don't dupe/cheat and its ok Smile
Dismissing the PlugY feature of saving gold is like dismissing PlugY's feature of infinite stash. You don't have it infinite in MP but you have in SP yet you consider the gold saving cheating Very Happy think about it ^_^

Do you consider the duping recipe that this mod has cheating ? Very Happy

Ethario
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:49 pm

Duping recipe was disabled a while ago.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred