MXL ζ: predictions & discussion

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MXL ζ: predictions & discussion

Post by Astrum666 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:22 pm

Interesting, i tell mi own experience in MXL. I start played in april of 2014, and the last week , i can did the void uberquest, take me 1 yea r( always SP, because in some places the conection is really bad ) win all ubers and understand the mechanics. I improved tecniques and diferent ways to do somes ubers ( sometime make some question in the forum ) if you want , in the documentation you can advice in the ubers information the build you can get to make this some easily.

So , i have all char lvl 120 and i want full all.This take 3 years aprox.Hitting a Wall Hitting a Wall

had a good day for all.

Astrum666
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:34 pm

@MUS01 wrote:Before all other discusion, we need clear some things:
1-You ¡re a newby or pro or mid player in Median?  I'm sure you are not a newby.- So, many of your statements are biased. If the goal of the modder is bring new players, then your sugestions don't walk in the same way....

2-Do you farm Duncraig with a 700% MF javazon/sin or any other "endgame char"?  
If yes, then you're right, Duncraig is overpowered. If you're a mid player (like me) then Duncraig is fine. Why? Cause mid/newbyes/untwinked players don't have the power to farm  with that amount of MF (my barb uses 200%) and we don't have the killspeed showed in videos.

Actually my goal is not to make the game harder. Those changes I described will actually make stuff easier in an indirect way. But their main idea is to reduce the player difficulty gap:

1) Can't farm dunc or fauzt? You now have better sacred item drop rates in yshari, triune, unformed land for example. By extension now you are more inclined to play what you find fun, rather than what is best suited for those two uberlevels.

2) Playing as a pouncezon but can't do astrogha to get your 500hp? Do kingdom of shadow which is easier and now gives + Skills & + 250 life. The venom stringer itself will give the other 250. Basically this makes it that if you can't do a certain boss, whose charm is very important, you don't cockblock your progression as much. You will still get the same stats overall, but spread over other bosses which you can hopefully do. AKA not all eggs in one basket.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:50 pm

Only if all your sugestions are taken... If no, you make the game harder. Why? This game is hard based on items. If you nerf the drop, but don't give chance to get charms (lesser charms, etc) the game becomes a monster...

For 1: Yah. In fact I farm Yhsari and the unformed land, cause I get better drops than Duncraig. However, Duncraig and Fautzville remain like the farming spots... For that reason the top players test their builds in those places. And the game becomes more popular due to videos, so you get the idea.

2- Your example is bad. Actually almost any no hard AOE based build can defeat Astrogha. However we're talking about other things. Do you know that Paladin and assasin are the most played(and powerfull) chars? That's the problem.

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:13 pm

Lastly: ranged chars >>>> melee chars.
Spell casters 1 shot ubers. Wpdm chars can't do it. However, we still "need" nerf the wpdm chars...(discussed in old post, old forum)
paladin, assasin owns the game. 1 using sacred armor. The other using block + avoid and now the 100% avoid skill in hard uber bosses.
From there, we have avoid>>>>>>>>>> block>>>> defense.

Twinking a char>>>> skill.

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:35 pm

Yes I agree with you. Paladin and assassin are probably the strongest overall characters.

However this is not what this thread is about. I simply wish to see what balance changes people think will be in / want to be in, and why. This is not meant to be an overreaching "how to balance everything in median", simply a discussion of the MXL Zeta balance quote posted by Marco earlier.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TQer on Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:16 am

I don´t know if a suggestion like this has something to be with the thread opened by Suchbalance, in any case here you are:

Thinking on the Ubers I redo less, Brachyceran's Lair will be on the top of that list, which is sad especially considering it is an Uberlevel.

I think it would be nice if there was something there that gave the player reasons to face more than the few attempts it take on average to get a charm with a +1 to your current class skills.
The posibilities to increase that motivation are many, and it wouldn´t take too much time for the modder to implement them:

-Add there a trophy.
-Include there a more randomized charm, like the one of Yshari Sanctum for example, as that kind of charms motivates you to face the Uber again and again. Maybe a good and easy way to solve this is to remove some of the bonuses given by other charms (for example the ones named by suchbalance on the first reply: Crystalline flame medallion, Book of Lies, Astrogha's Stinger & Silver Seal of Ureh), and add them here on a random way (and easy example: take away from the Crstalline Flame Medallion a +2 to all skills, and include that one here in a random way such as +(0 to 2)).
-or maybe even adding there a special drop, as in this case the player will have also reasons to explore the whole dungeon; what about give this place a chance to drop great runes too, for example? Or even, as the player has a lot of reasons to farm Fauztinville any way (jewelry, UMO...), why not make Brachyceran´s Lair the place to look for Taha, Ghal and Qor Great Runes instead of Fauzt?

TQer
Son of Lucion

Forum Human Rights Activist/TQ Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum