Holy Caster Paladin project by STOYA.. WINTER is COMING !!!

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Holy Caster Paladin project by STOYA.. WINTER is COMING !!!

Post by stoya on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:59 pm

BRACE YOURSELF WINTER IS COMING!!!

-playstyle-> have to say honeslty, this char is not for newbies or avarage players because resonance mechanics.. so if you feel yourself good player and bored to play other classic chars, here we go...

i want to start with this part, as you can see playstyle of holy caster is different than other chars.. we need to be under resonance bonus all the time to make this char active. due to weird mechanincs of rising dawnn and lag of brimstone i would recommend using winterstorm as main skill.. also when you carry moar golds in your inv moar spell dmg. and its mechanic is similar to tempest(autoaim) but when under resonance buff it aims nearly everything in your map and fire rate is like machine gun.
- we have to be under resonance for moar defence and machine gun aim of winterstorm. also it adds %50 energy to str for this i combine my gear with ssu gauntlet for extra str factor spell dmg..
- spam brimstone in your feet or your walking direction to keep resonance active always thats how this char works!!!
- winterstorm for all, rest brimstone for neon fiends you can simply use searing glow,voj or other oskills like devoring cloud from amulet rolls or sssu breast plate psiconic storm oskill really devastating magic dmg dealer.
- for places like dunc you can spam searing glow for massive protection(%5 ct be hit) when you surrounded so dont panic or simply teleport away and freeze some.
- did i say never forget to get resonance bonus ?
- and most important part, when you lost your resonance bonus your defence will be cut %50 and you cant spam machine gun winterstorm so dont panic in this situations we have SEARING GLOW and INSTA TELE so spamm searing glow + brimstone in your feet then kite away with tele.
- you can always use divine teleportation to freeze enemies time to time. ah also with cold skill duration items it provides massive protection! which is awesome to have for caster class. 3 sec timer kiting/freezing skill.

-resonance- KEEP YOURSELF UNDER RESONANCE BONUS ALL THE TIME! is core of this char... rest is easy.
we gain some bonuses after we use our certain spells. you can find descriptions in your skill tree bonusses of resonance, in this char MOST important thing is resonance to keep winterstorm machine gun ability! also resonance gives moar defence, searing glow dazzle duration and %50 eneryg stat addition to str. so you can combine your items with str factor too.

-blazing fury-
who deosnt want -%140,170 enemy fire res in his/her skill tree while you have brimstone? ye ye, we have it in this char.. keep this active all the time, it deals good fire nova every 5 sec(free dmg YAY) and knockbacks!! just spam brimstone to all map and now you have -> MASSIVE LAG + DEAD MOBS&BOSSES..

-morphs-
holy side main problem is paladin base fcr sux, so we need sorc or druid morph to make our char moar effective with 2h staff.. how we can solve this problem? there is 2 combinations that is avalaible for this...
1) gul rw in paladin helms has sorc morph, cheap way
2) shamanka staff has druid morphy
i go cheap way for this gul rw... my weapon is su war staff with %50 bonus to all att, 235 laek(which is must for farming) and 9 skills , fcr and replenish life bonusses etc. you can also use ssu war staff with godly cold&fire spell dmg and -%cold/fire spell dmgs but it has life after each demon kill which dont help in dunc and as my experiences it doesnt work well in fauzt too. while we have -%165 free enemy fire res from blazing fury and even crap rare ring&amulet combo can give avarage %30 spell dmg and -%cold/fire spell dmg... i dont need that staff but still optional.
- if you go shamanka route you will have moar spell dmg than my setup and you can combine shamanka with ssu coronet which is godly with skill + %spell dmg + 200laek!

- i wont say 'use this armor gloves etc. if you interested in reading this you can even craft your own items for rest(even staff).. so use anything that has spell dmg + -%spell res etc.. they are not core of our build for DUNC. for fauzt i would recommend sssu breast plate psiconic storm oskill 1 shot ko anything that is not magic imm or devouring cloud from amulets, rising dawn and searing glow also do the job but other options are faster.. that side is all about your imagination. in median there is no LIMIT. read/think/try/succeed..

-defence-
we have free -%enemy fire res from blazing fury so we need to concentrate only -%enemy cold res and we can easily cover it from crap rare rings/amulets so we will upgrade our gear with oil of luck first then ed orbs finally tcd to all... lionheart has %1000tcd bonus so? even you can socket your body armor with jah/shaad. i have around 420 k defence under resonance with all jools.. you can go a lot higher than this. comparing to other casters we have really cool defence which make things a lot easier.

-spell dmg&-%spell dmg-
i have around %350 fire/cold spell dmg with this char. i know its so low for caster but we dont need higher for farming winterstorm 1shot ko anything that is not cold imm. rest brimmstone and other spells. so you can improve this part with your items and jools.
did i say we have free -%enemy res from blazing fury(also knockbacks)? so we will focus on -%enemy cold rest thats all.

-jools-
my char has 4 zann esu jools and rest jools from my tempest sorc.. non of them has cold spell dmg(all has %2 or %3 ) so you can improve this part..

-rings&amulet-
meh use rares with your spell dmgs maybe reanimates.. not core of this char..

-reanimates-
our char is sky rocket caster but if you lose resonance you can die so quick.. so reanimates are our friends.. you can use qor rw boots all the time or rare ring/amulet with reanimates...

-small tweaks-
lightning arena really suits awesome for this char.. you can obtain it from rare amulets and elemental band ring..
also devouring cloud o skill (psn dmg) is really effective on neon fiends.

-voj-
keep active this spell to deal with immunty mobs also. it deals some cool dmg with high energy rate..

-nightmare oskill-
i use deathforce shield so less in my videos to just give you an idea thats all. its not MUST! just i love hyper fast KS and movement as you can see my videos, nightmare really helps my KS + protection..
you can use it more than i used.. everything will be easier.. but not my style.

-boss killing-
dudes come on! spam nightmare, spam brimstone in your feet for resonance, keep blazing fury active for -%140-165 enemy fire res and spam brimstone under boss feet -> when heroic shield drops 0.1 sec kill... i have %324 fire spell dmg for now for bosses you need to go higher around %500 would be 1shot KO all

STATS -> all energy- do i have to explain why ?
SKIILS -> smax -> winterstorm, blazing fury, brimstone, blessed life(not need to smax) rest pts lionehearth , voj etc... and 5 pts rapture..

ITEMS in videos (you can improve this part)

rings -> crap rare with cold/fire spell and -%enemy cold fire, one of it got rust claw reanimate reduce enemy defence(rolled by chance not related to this build ofc)

amulet -> black dwarf 3skilled one, rare one would be a lot better i just want to record video asap. so didnt lose time to roll rare one.. rare one with devouring cloud oskill(deal imm mobs) or lighning arena is better than black dwarf....

armor -> 1) sankekurs fauld -> no need to explain good paladin caster armor, and yes there are better options (used this in dunc)
2) kerrigans chest -> only for psiconic storm o skill to deal with neon fiends (used in fauzt)

glove -> ssu gaunlet -> str factor is really awesome addition considering i have 2200 str under resonance.. and other mods are all good. but ofc NOT MUST for us... crafts can cover here well..

boots -> qor rw -> for meatshield protection.. imo you wont need that. i use it because of my crap pc, my reaction(its perfect if you ask me:) ) time is low due to massive lag esp brimstone... improve this part..

belt -> i used sssu light belt(iirc) -> meh aerin orbiter is AWESOME too...

helm -> gul rw pala helm. i explained this part.. you canuse shamanka and somewhere else here my best candidate is ssu coronet with 200 laek...

wep(highly rec to use staff to inc fcr frames) -> su war staff, yeah over 200laek is GODLY, and 9-10 skills, %45-50 bonus all att. etc etc. i cant live without this staff:) and yes ssu war staff, shamanka crafts bla bla etc etc....

switch shield -> deathforce for nightmare oskill, what nightmare does dude ? -> -%75 velocity for mobs + prevent them healing on/hit

ENJOY!!!! -> sorry for massive lag, you can clear fauzt around 5-8 min with this char but impossible for my pc... and yes brimstone mechanic must be changed Smile

-HOLY CASTER GAYLORD in DUNC-

-HOLY CASTER GAYLORD in FAUZT-

-HOLY CASTER GAYLORD vs BAAL- simple heroic boss killing method gear set to farming cold setup couldnt 1shot ko baal...

-HOLY CASTER GAYLORD in VIZJUN- meh so laggy but IMBA EASY.. didnt use nighmare curse from shield.. you can spam nightmare to hell forever and just cakewalk till charm... not the way i liked still cakest! enjoy moar lag Smile

Holy caster doing lvl challange 1 with 2 tu, rest honorofics.. char is lvl 36 so you can do it better gear&skills&stats before lvl 50..
playstyle is simple for tran, spam brimmstone with over %150 fire spell dmg + over -%100 enemy fire res... its good aoe skill for this uber.. and searin glow for -%100 enemy attack rating..

you can find moar infos in video.. enjoy

Last edited by stoya on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:41 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : videos added ofc !)

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Holy Caster Paladin project by STOYA.. WINTER is COMING !!!

Post by wow123400 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:07 pm

thx for keeping us entertained

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:45 am

LOL didnt know you even use staff without the morph.

Once you get sorc-morph, DPS will skyrocket.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:50 am

1 cuestion: -100% enemy Atack Rating of Searing Glow means which the char is basically inmune to Phycial for the time in which he's using the spell?

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:51 am

or maybe just 5% chance to hit

wow123400
Malthael

TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:14 am

yerp 5%chance to hit.

useful for several physical based boss.
useless on mobs because you usually kill them faster than tanking them.

I dunno if marco put somewhere the removed Ring of Light, but i do need that skill because it deal INSANE dmg...

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:16 am

maybe just proc but paladin need some straight forward skill like flamefront to do some heavy job rising dawn and brimestone are good but cant cover the whole purpose

wow123400
Malthael

TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:20 am

he doesnt need flamefront because there is cataclysm oskill which deal high BURST dmg.
*Think burst like Shotgun

He need just another BURST magic skill (example magic missiles, bionetic blast, psionic storm) that hit multiple time on boss.
Searing glow doesnt multi-hit and Rising dawn seem only hit once or twice.

Best candidate is psi-crown, but god... mana cost so high.
So i hope that once %mana regen fixed in sigma, it is usable.
*Unlike other caster (druid, sorc, necro), pally only gained couple of mana per energy (i forgot how much, but much lesser) because pally's hp gain per vita are higher.

Forgot, there was Mana tide totem oskill on some SSU (aerin shield?) which can give high %mana regen.
Guess what? Bugged as well, it only allow melee,buff or summoning spell only...

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:26 am

get cataclysm by that troja rw? u think anyone have that when start?

early game paladin only have one fire oskill like the others Apocalypse.....well, actually its not bad in early game

wow123400
Malthael

TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:50 am

trust me, i am engineer. (it is online joke, incase you didnt know)

Actually, you dont need burst damage much at low level.
Brimmstone covered that just fine.
Winterstorm also nice if you are "not lazy" to get -%enemy cold resist.

Burst needed in overcrowded area like bremmtown.
Brimmstone take a couple seconds to reach its' max dmg, so once you blink into crowd, you wont able to deal dmg fast enough before you die.
You can however brimmstone trap further + jump on top it (like one of old flamestrike sorc do it), but that doesnt work when you target behind wall.

As for powerful optional skill , i struggled first time when i fight mephisto (in yshari sanctum) because i dont have alternative that hit hard on boss.
I only managed to kill him after couple of melee hit for open wound.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum