Melee Necro Item Comparisons and a Few Questions!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Melee Necro Item Comparisons and a Few Questions!

Post by Damnation on Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:05 am

Hey guys. I posted a thread in the past but now I've progressed a bit and have a few more questions:

Currently using a 700% ED "Sur" RW Sacred Bonesplitter. I have access to the 6x Stone "Bartuc's Eye" RW and a few SUs. I read around here that Sur is #1 but all the posts I see that were from 2013ish so I'm not sure on the validity. Can anyone post their experiences with melee necro weapons?

Also for helms. I just found Idol of Rygnar(SSU Mask). Would this be an upgrade over a Royal Circlet? It looks that way but I don't know how much I'm missing out on by losing that 22% Strength. TTAD 500 seems pretty solid.

For reference, here's my current gear:

Royal Circlet SU
Sur RW
Scales of the Serpent SU
Stormblast + Str + Dex crafted gloves
Whirlpool + Str crafted boots(I think I need to craft these with necro skills)
Deadfall Belt(does this trump Nero/Ahriman/Lysra RWs?)
+3 Skills/Doom/-fire res amulet
2x Xorine's Ring(Should I be replacing at least one of these?)

Off-Switch: Vizharan(NihNih) and random shield with 4 Nih for duration

I'm at -100% enemy psn/fire res

This is my skill planner:

http://www.authmann.de/d2/mxl/skillpointplanner/?v=2012005&class=5&lvl=120&bonus=11111111111110000&skills=0_0_0_0_0_24_1_1_1_1_1_1_27_20_18_1_1_22_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_14_0_1_&mg=1111&sos=3&name=Deliverance

Would appreciate any advice on tinkering with that Smile

Thanks a lot in advance!

Damnation
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Melee Necro Item Comparisons and a Few Questions!

Post by Damnation on Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:43 am

So far all I use the necro for is farming Duncraig and it's pretty great for that, just figured I'd try to figure out my next goal for gear upgrades and see if my skill tree is optimized. Because right now my trap rat who is much less geared can take on ubers a lot more safely and its single target is much higher, but farming clear speed is much lower and can't handle stunlocking in crowded areas like Duncraig.

Damnation
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:09 am

You already have the key item - Vizharan, which gives tainted blood and lionheart making you have overpowered defence.

Your skill build is a bit weird. At some point you would be respeccing out of dragonfire so you can max embalming - not an expert with this build so not sure exactly when, but probably once you get bremm done and the other + max skills upgrades like fauzt gloves.

Nero belt is better than deadfall while you have -100efr for sure.

Apart from that there is not really much to it. With your setup you can already farm the shit out of dunc, and even do fauzt a bit slowly. Next step is just to farm the complete set and then gradually replace remaining runewords/crafts with SUs. I mean you are already farming the premier farming areas with one of the best characters for the purpose. Necro is not that great at heroics (not sure how new skill tree does there) so you will either have to cheese with Rathma's or just farm until you get bored.

Basically you're on the right track but the character is a bit limited if you want to do more than farming (unless you are ok with cheesing).

Edit: Yes Sur RW is still the best necro weapon (free second uberskill). Only time you should replace it is to complete the full set, otherwise it is the way forward.

Edit2: The best offhand shield to prebuff with Vizharan is the SU Preserved head - trollskull. Bloodlust stacks with burning veil to give you insane amounts of EWD. So get that one whenever you can.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnation on Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:31 am

@suchbalance wrote:You already have the key item - Vizharan, which gives tainted blood and lionheart making you have overpowered defence.

Your skill build is a bit weird. At some point you would be respeccing out of dragonfire so you can max embalming - not an expert with this build so not sure exactly when, but probably once you get bremm done and the other + max skills upgrades like fauzt gloves.

Nero belt is better than deadfall while you have -100efr for sure.

Apart from that there is not really much to it. With your setup you can already farm the shit out of dunc, and even do fauzt a bit slowly. Next step is just to farm the complete set and then gradually replace remaining runewords/crafts with SUs. I mean you are already farming the premier farming areas with one of the best characters for the purpose. Necro is not that great at heroics (not sure how new skill tree does there) so you will either have to cheese with Rathma's or just farm until you get bored.

Basically you're on the right track but the character is a bit limited if you want to do more than farming (unless you are ok with cheesing).

Edit: Yes Sur RW is still the best necro weapon (free second uberskill). Only time you should replace it is to complete the full set, otherwise it is the way forward.

Edit2: The best offhand shield to prebuff with Vizharan is the SU Preserved head - trollskull. Bloodlust stacks with burning veil to give you insane amounts of EWD. So get that one whenever you can.

Thanks a lot for the informative post. I tried Bremm but got completely owned on a couple chars I tried. I'll give it a shot on my Necro tonight.

What are fauzt gloves? Taha RW gloves for +1 max skills? I have a taha rune I can use, I've been farming Fauzt for a few hours on my psn sorc(slowly but surely Razz)

Cool I'll use Nero belt. Thanks

What do you mean cheesing? I mean I know what cheesing means, but is Rathma's just overpowered? I've found nearly every single set piece and literally 20+ of certain set pieces, but I have only found 2 pieces of Rathma's so far after putting in dozens of hours in Duncraig. Boots/Helm.

Thanks again

EDIT: What do you think about Xorine's versus Seal of the Nephalem Kings? I just found 2 of these in Fauzt... Having a hard time finding Adrenaline Rush and BMR, but I got these and Elemental Band today.

Damnation
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:30 am

Try this one.

Skillplan Deliverance (Necromancer, 2012 v005)

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnation on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:06 pm

@romanN1 wrote:Try this one.

Skillplan Deliverance (Necromancer, 2012 v005)

I actually tried to drop Embalming around 9-10 recently and kept dying in Duncraig. Right now I get hit, but not very often(~630k defense) and have 160% life leech so I'm fine... But when Embalming was too low, I'd get 1 shotted by a random hit from a mob so I couldn't react with a potion or leech. I can try it out again though. I'm at 8600 HP now, I'll see what I'm at with 6 Embalming.

Thanks!

Last edited by Damnation on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

Damnation
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:11 pm

If you have the necessary amount of fhr you wont have any problems.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:14 pm

Actually that build seems horrible Very Happy Smax parasite? 6pts embalming? Me no gusta.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnation on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:14 pm

Since I put on the +1 max skill level RW gloves, I was only able to get 1 point in Embalming. I dropped down to 4700 HP and gained 4k dmg on parasite and 8k armor. Plus the dodge from Death Ward. Duncraig is a little sketchy haha

80% psn res the Duncraig poison completely destroys me when my HP is this low. If it gets me anywhere below 90% HP then I die in 1 hit from a Duncraig mob

Damnation
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnation on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:18 pm

I do kill a lot faster though. Maybe with more HP from charms or something it'd be a lot better.

Damnation
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum