Duncraig

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Duncraig

Post by Aspirine101 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:36 pm

Alright so I've been attempting Duncraig (old roll) with my Unholy Caster paladin and it seems like these walls were made to block casters from doing it yet keeping it easy to melees and pwncezons alike and this is called a solution to duncraig being easy for an impossible uber. IMO that was a really bad move for reason stated above...
What I think should be done, is that the old map of duncraig gets its paths back so you can do it w/o teleports but duncraig mobs become way stronger to fit it in the "impossible" category. Instead of just giving them 90% avoid and 1000% increased damage I would like to see something new and refreshing. What if every mob would have a special ability of its own? Here:

Cold immunes: Cold immunes should get a time strike on striking like neon fiends in Fauztinville. Maybe also a prevent heal debuff on striking.
Lightning Immunes: Very fast melees with some avoid and attack increased a little. Can pounce on player/minions
Fire immunes: They should be given some very strong AoE fire spell. It should either not be a one shot, but piercing all your resists, or be something like QT's missile but like QT counterable with fire res.
Poison Immunes: Can summon a stationary totem that will throw punisher novas (these punishers should reduce your hp to one or just have a very strong poison) totem should be immune to some things and have high HP but not avoid.
Magic immunes should stay as they are. IMO barrel throwing should be enough here.
And Necromorbs.. Dunno, maybe their density should be increased by just a little.

What do you think?

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Duncraig

Post by Stealthmaster on Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:58 pm

@aspirine101 wrote:a stationary totem that will throw punisher novas (these punishers should reduce your hp to one or just have a very strong poison).

Those punisher novas (as traps) were removed a long time ago due to QQing. 1 punisher -> reduce hp to 1 so 2+ punishers -> death. And nova means a player will always be hit by 2-3 punishers at once. Imo, very bad idea.

@aspirine101 wrote:be something like QT's missile but like QT counterable with fire res.

Laggy much?

Getting/trading an upgraded Void charm can ease the job for every character in Duncraig. Those buffs for melee mobs you suggested are too much powerful, because monster in there already hit hard.

Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:59 pm

Thanks, but no.

But please explain how it is easy for melee and not so easy for caster. As a melee you need to click specificaly closest mobs and land an atack + you need a solution to get out of crowd while being surrounded. While a caster can spam his wtfpwnlazor spells and clear the floor. And you only need two types of damage to clear rooms. Paladin has uber skill for teleportation with 3s ? cooldown which kinda counters barrels fuse duration if you use it wise and precise.

What really could be done there - cracks in some walls fixed and more walls made inpenetrable with skills like banshee.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:59 pm

@Metalistas wrote:Thanks, but no.

But please explain how it is easy for melee and not so easy for caster. As a melee you need to click specificaly closest mobs and land an atack + you need a solution to get out of crowd while being surrounded. While a caster can spam his wtfpwnlazor spells and clear the floor. And you only need two types of damage to clear rooms. Paladin has uber skill for teleportation with 3s ? cooldown which kinda counters barrels fuse duration if you use it wise and precise.

What really could be done there - cracks in some walls fixed and more walls made inpenetrable with skills like banshee.
Trust me these 3 seconds CD is more than enough for them to kill you. It feels like when I teleport, it's like they've been waiting for me to teleport in that spot, so when I'm there I'm already surrounded by 15 of them all hitting me at once before I can even use my MF.

Melee. Take for example TW. As soon as you teleport there you stun everything with pummel before they can even throw a barrel, and if they DID throw a barrel, you just kill the stunned mobs very fast and run. Same for barb and few others.
I won't even talk about WW/pwncezon and how easy it is Smile

Anyway I wrote this topic out of frustration so maybe it sounds a little stupid.. atm I don't really care what happens. In the end I could just do a pounce zon and farm it all day long without problems Smile I was just having a pretty hard time with my UHC pala to get all 5 seals.

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:56 pm

Well, some ubers are better for some builds. It's faster to change your build than wait for modder to change the dungeon. I am sure UHC rocks in other areas where melee does not. Gratz on purify.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:29 pm

@Metalistas wrote:Well, some ubers are better for some builds. It's faster to change your build than wait for modder to change the dungeon. I am sure UHC rocks in other areas where melee does not. Gratz on purify.

Yes UHC can rock in some places that's fore sure Smile and thanks! Already started building a spearzon btw Smile

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:35 pm

If you use hoplites you wont have problems. If your equipment isn't top notch use mindflay combined with devouring cloud amu. Before jumping over a wall look carefully at the light area to see where are more monşters and where they're not so you don't jump în a pack of them.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:41 am

@romanN1 wrote:If you use hoplites you wont have problems. If your equipment isn't top notch use mindflay combined with devouring cloud amu. Before jumping over a wall look carefully at the light area to see where are more monşters and where they're not so you don't jump în a pack of them.
Hoplites and their phys immune are awesome. However 5 hoplites won't save me from 15 mobs. And it seems like when I TP I arrive a milisecond before the minions so the mobs already target me.

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:49 am

TP a little bit distanced from the wall and then fall back Smile

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy