Need help for my pos/cold sorc

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need help for my pos/cold sorc

Post by Brentbarn on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:49 pm

Hi guys, good evening.

So I ended up last night with 2 guys talking in a median xl game.
They were pointing out that my gear sucked.
I am a lvl 120 sorc with around 22 charms(still no heroic, dont have the time yet). And I deal arround 59k pos dam with lorenado as my main skill.
And around 12k (I believe) with frigid sphere.

So one of the guys said he dealt 500K posion dam, and I checked his gear and it was more crap then mine but he said he had more charms..(???)
Well anyway this is my current gear (it's not perfect I know but I am trying to update it as much as possible):

- Spire of kehan weapon(not perfect, at all)
- Comaetho armor (on rune)
- Lily circlet (jah rune)
- Witchmoon amu
- Witchcraft ring
- Xorine's ring
- Lamha na draoithe gloves (perfect)
- ahriman belt (ghal rune)
- megalight boots (ath rune)

And I filled everything with perfect Zod rune crafted gems.

So what I wanna ask: do I really suck that much? I mean I do duncraig, fauztinville, toraja, vizjun, etc. solo and I never tought damage was my biggest problem since most of the monsters die really fast.
Anyway, is there someone with some advice?
Like the other guy said that I should remove my gloves and use shrine crafted ones..? I dunno when I read the effects I am not that excited and my current gloves(+perfect blessed upgrade) give me nice spelldamage.

So sorry for bothering you guys but I am a bit confused

Have a nice evening you all!!

Last edited by Brentbarn on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ns)

Brentbarn
Prowler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need help for my pos/cold sorc

Post by munkyh3ad on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:08 am

Duration is the culprit here, also the LCS for making it look like this, and anyway the damage cap is around 84k for an element and it rolls over if double cap is passed, so basically that guy doesn't deal what he says/thinks. I don't believe your dmg sucks, read in the docs about poison damage and you will understand better.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:26 am

You should switch your helm, belt, and maybe even boots to crafts (check docs for shrines that give you bonus to poison or cold). You'll get huge damage boosts with those.

Also, you can easily roll a rare ring that's far superior to xorinne's (just find a rare one in destruction, and use oil of renewal until you get +1skills and lots of spell dmg (with lucky upgrade) and -enemy res and other cool stats.
Witchmoon is OK, but you can roll a better rare ammy with some luck and effort (+4-5 all skills available on those with lucky upgrade, plus other really good stats like -enemy res, 300+ life, oskills that you could use (lightning arena, devouring cloud, hailstorm, w/e))

Otherwise you gear is fine.

What's your stat allocation?

EDIT: Also, did you throw perfect diamonds into your staff? those give +spell damage, which could be better than zod crafted jewels since the +spell damage benefits all your elements

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brentbarn on Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:13 pm

Okay I will look into the shrine crafts for parts of my gear.
Also, about the reroll those rare rings: how excactly do I do this? I tried a few rare rings and/or amu's + oil of renewal but nothing happens, also I tried to roll with the act2 dragon egg + town portal scroll and also nothing happend. Sorry for the noob question but I got the feeling this one is really going to help me out.

About the diamonds: excellent idea, thx I will start to collect them asap.

My current stats:
- 560 strength
- 510 dex
- 366 vit
- 1731 energy
(all my points are in energy and I try to eat as much signets as I can).

Brentbarn
Prowler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chickenfeeder on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:49 am

i recall dealing more than 100k with lorenador to, but u shouldn't focus too much on psn dmg since u will only use psn to clear creeps and 40-50k/sec (about 400 psn spell dmg) is more than enough, uber bosses are mostly immune to psn completely so just aim mainly at higher and higher cold dmg, 600-700 is fine supposed that u can warrant ur survivality well enough. otherwise if u want a farmer and use cold just to kill things like succubus in fautz, psn set is good too.

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:57 am

@Brentbarn wrote:Also, about the reroll those rare rings: how excactly do I do this? I tried a few rare rings and/or amu's + oil of renewal but nothing happens, also I tried to roll with the act2 dragon egg + town portal scroll and also nothing happend. Sorry for the noob question but I got the feeling this one is really going to help me out.

Uhhh what? You take a rare item and you take an oil of renewal, and you cube both. one oil at a time. 

As for dragons, are you killing them in destruction? Are you the right act? Because they roll different things and need a different scrolls depending on the act if i remember correctly

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brentbarn on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:48 pm

Yes, I will focus on my cold damage too, thx!

And to Asteroth: for example: The Idiot Ball Ring + oil of renewal = nothing happends...

Brentbarn
Prowler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:53 pm

Brentbarn, the idiot ball ring isn't a rare item Wink.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by Brentbarn on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:55 pm

Haha ho okay now I get it Smile thx guys!

Brentbarn
Prowler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum