Secret Chrysaor Build? Looking for advice!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Secret Chrysaor Build? Looking for advice!

Post by Damnation on Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:25 pm

Would post in Short Questions Thread but I figured it might strike up a discussion so I didn't think it was appropriate to.

I'm on Single Player with plugy so I'm sharing items between stashes. That being said... I'm working on Valkyrie's Prime and this is my next goal. I took out Terul and that alone was very difficult(not skill-wise, but getting through the regen was a bitch). After attempting like 4 different builds and respeccing my Sorc 5x, I took him out with Thunderstone(still took 5 minutes). I am open to ANY class and ANY build suggestions. Willing to respec after killing Terul to make Chrysaor easier.

I have access to a moderate amount of SUs, all RWs(including elemental RWs), most sets and a Natasha's Legacy with fairly good rolls.

Thanks in advance Smile

EDIT: I've tried IB Assassin but if someone thinks that's my best bet I can make a few more attempts, it felt hopeless though.

I also can't even kill Terul on my UH Caster Paladin who I just killed Brachy on. Can't get him below 80% HP with -188% ELR, full imperius, ashaeras armor and SSU gauntlets with 26 charms. 28-33K Mind Flay.

Damnation
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secret Chrysaor Build? Looking for advice!

Post by potapo_gourouni on Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:31 pm

Here is post i did once about Secret Chrysaor (new Zorun Tzin).

http://www.medianxl.com/t6816-strange-zorun-tzin?highlight=zorun

There are some advice about killing him in there.
I think its strange having so hard time killing terul. Your Mind Flay should be taking him down easy i think. My unholy meele was taking him down in few seconds with full malthael set. Maybe you want to give him a try.

potapo_gourouni
Daystar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnation on Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:58 pm

@potapo_gourouni wrote:Here is post i did once about Secret Chrysaor (new Zorun Tzin).

http://www.medianxl.com/t6816-strange-zorun-tzin?highlight=zorun

There are some advice about killing him in there.
I think its strange having so hard time killing terul. Your Mind Flay should be taking him down easy i think. My unholy meele was taking him down in few seconds with full malthael set. Maybe you want to give him a try.

Yeah I literally just tried Terul and I don't even come close to having a chance with Mind Flay. I'll try UH melee and I'll check out that thread, thank you!

Damnation
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by potapo_gourouni on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:04 pm

Mind that with malthael set u get -100 to all enemy resists. If you dont have it, then u should aim for -100 to the elements you are using to damage enemies. -199 they say for bosses.

potapo_gourouni
Daystar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnation on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:07 pm

@potapo_gourouni wrote:Mind that with malthael set u get -100 to all enemy resists. If you dont have it, then u should aim for -100 to the elements you are using to damage enemies. -199 they say for bosses.

Like I said in the OP. I have -188% Enemy Lightning Resist. I'm still not even close. Just tried it on my assassin with -199% enemy fire resist and 30k immolation bomb damage and I can't get him below 90%

Damnation
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:04 am

Terul is completely different to Zorun. Terul is a WDM biased boss, because you can stop his regeneration with open wounds. This means that you can kill him even if you have low damage, but have sufficient AR. This is the reason why he is a good farming spot for my bowazon for example - you can find him very fast with a maphack and he has a 50% chance to drop 1SU and a 25% chance to drop 2SUs and dies in seconds.

Now as for Zorun he is your standard heroic shield boss without any regeneration. So he favours casters with high damage and big resistance pierce. Note however that marco (incidentally or not) designed him in a way to be more balanced between wdm and casters. This is because with WDM you can slow him so you have a lot more time to dps before statues spawn, and rats are less problematic if you have good defence.

Your pally's damage is low but you can kill him with it. You just need to be prepared to spend some time and have a strategy to counter the rat spawn - details of this are in my zon guide.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnation on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:52 am

So I went afk for 5 minutes after getting Zorun Tzin to 20% HP and he fully healed when I came back. Anyone know why this is? Pretty pissed as I've been fighting him for over 40 minutes, lol.

Using a thunderstone sorc... I got him from 100% to 60% in 1 shot, then 15 minutes later I finally got him down from 60% to 30%, then over the last 20 minutes I got him from 30% to 20%. Now I may as well restart my game because he fully healed and I have like 500 ratfinks on one side of the map.

EDIT: FINALLY GOT HIM. Jesus christ lol

Damnation
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:36 am

Good job!

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum