Last edited by Gekko64 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread

Post by BASED_GOD on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:42 pm

well ofc, but I was thinking mostly of monster immunities when I said fire/cold.

Last edited by BASED_GOD on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

BASED_GOD
Ancient Fungus

I'd rather be a Devourer!
TGGood None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko64 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:42 pm

fire/cold has issues vs neon fiends in fauzt

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BASED_GOD on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:45 pm

Sure but I wasn't only thinking of fauzt farming but heroic/uber bosses as well which doesn't drop poison immunity as often as they should, therefore it's good to have 2 elements of damage

BASED_GOD
Ancient Fungus

TGGood None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kato on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:54 pm

I suppose you can always re-spec for the end game as long as you start with the right class. Although I only played MXLU in SP so far, so I do it with the offline tools (not sure if there's a similar facility for TSW - isn't there a cheap&easy potion you can make to re-spec?).

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BASED_GOD on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:56 pm

There is one

BASED_GOD
Ancient Fungus

TGGood None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kato on Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:00 pm

Cool, thanks.

BTW I just noticed that the top of the web page says that there are "XVr patch notes" available (but no XVr download?) and says "Ladder reset 17/04" so does that mean it's already done? Ofc when it happens may depend on which timezone the server is in, in Australia it's already the 17th. So is it reset now? If not, what time will it reset in the UK and... how will I be able to tell when it's happened?

I really don't want to start a char and then find the darn thing resets a few hours later and wipes my brand new character!

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:01 pm

@BASED_GOD wrote:Sure but I wasn't only thinking of fauzt farming but heroic/uber bosses as well which doesn't drop poison immunity as often as they should, therefore it's good to have 2 elements of damage

I think for heroics Cold should be sufficient. For BPR, poison also works (if i remember correctly).
Poison takes care of Fauztinville (as mentioned above) amongst many other monsters. 
Cold gives a ton of defense, minions, DR% (from minions), which makes it a super useful element.

All in all, i think psn/cold is the easiest, most cookie cutter build you can do. Don't even need sets/SUs, can get by with crafts/honorifics/whatever (as all casters can).

Personally, I think a good char (especially one to start with) is one that can run fauzt without overly expensive gear/charms. You need a lot of survivability and tons of DPS. You need damage sources to deal with necrobots, neon fiends, and harpys. That really isn't trivial.
Psn/anything sorcs can deal with everything there. Another example is unholy melee pally with ctc balefire weapon

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:03 pm

@Kato wrote:Cool, thanks.

BTW I just noticed that the top of the web page says that there are "XVr patch notes" available (but no XVr download?) and says "Ladder reset 17/04" so does that mean it's already done? Ofc when it happens may depend on which timezone the server is in, in Australia it's already the 17th. So is it reset now? If not, what time will it reset in the UK and... how will I be able to tell when it's happened?

I really don't want to start a char and then find the darn thing resets a few hours later and wipes my brand new character!

Gonna double post but whatever.
XVr stands for REALM patch. If you read Marco's post, you'd note there is NO PATCH FOR US to download. The patch and changes are implemented server side.

When the reset happens there will be an announcement on TSW as well as increased forum activity.
Only marco knows the exact time though, but i presume it has to be convenient for server hosters

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kato on Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:03 pm

Is there a better way to mule on TSW than the old cLoD way: make a game, wait 5 mins, leave it, rejoin it and hope you waited long enough (and that it hasn't crashed anyway)...

Then drop all your stuff and bring in your mule chars and hope they get in before the game dies of something (BNet games used to crash for all sorts of reasons). I used to play on 2 or 3 computers but I still dropped stuff on the ground (except the best items), trading to my mules would take forever.

Not sure I'm up for all that muling bollocks again.

Kato
Core Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 81 of 100 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 90 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum