Median XL: Sigma RC1 announced

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Median XL: Sigma RC1 announced

Post by GregMXL on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:02 pm

Would you guys like me to open up a new topic called Retarded Suggestions?

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inertia on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:28 pm

@GregMXL wrote:Would you guys like me to open up a new topic called Retarded Suggestions?
Yes please.

Inertia
Astral Guardian

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:29 am

Nah, make it a new sub-forum! That's sure to get the juices flowing...

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:28 am

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:51 am

@Metalistas wrote:Never had any problem with druid defense. Class has many skills, ways to compensate the fact that your chance to be hit is more than 5%.
Well yeah, but that's not the point.
It's a fact that you get much more defense after you've completed the BRC. And that defense helps you survive more difficult situations. I don't think his other defenses are strong enough that the effect of the BRC is negligible.

For every class, you need some minimum defense to do the BRC (aside from builds that don't care about defense). The higher that value is, the more farming you need to do to get the right base defense in your slots (how many sacred items you need instead of T6 ones, for example). For druids since the BRC itself gives you a bunch of defense it leads to a weird 'speedbump' in your progression where you need to stop and raise your defense via gear just to do the BRC, only for the defense the BRC gives to massively 'overshoot' the defense you need at that point of your character's progression.

I dunno if I can put this into words properly, but it definitely 'feels' off compared to other characters. Thinking

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:57 am

I understand your point. But:
1. Melee builds - go high str + shield and wear heaviest armors with most defenses. Random shrine crafted +2 skills ancient armor can give you over 10k defense. Rest of the points can go into dex for even more defense and atack rating. Since 1 vitality = 1 hp, don't put points there. Get acid fiends for speed and damage absorb. Wolf and Tree has passives with life after kill. Plus amazin pagan rites which with the cost of 3 skill points give you insta heal.
2. Caster build - honestly i think it would be too much to ask for additional stuff on this build. My end game caster druid has barely over 100k defense and is doing fine even in fauzt. You already got powerfull ranged skills that can clear mobs as soon as they enter screen. You got beefy summons and again pagan rites.
3. Bow druid - cascade kills enemies 3 screens away, defense for what ? But again - high str, best armor, druid class bow with str synergy + fiends = gg. Force of nature or faerie fire is just a cherry on top of cake.
4. Trap rat - so easy a caveman can do it.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:11 am

Idk why you went through all that lol, of course I know that stuff. It isn't about the char needing a buff in defense, it's about how the defense is allocated as you progress to endgame.

It doesn't matter how much defense is needed for each of those builds to do the BRC. Pick any number for each of the 4 you mentioned. Let's say it's "X" armor, and you just entered Destruction or hit 120, or whatever point you typically like to do BRC with your characters. Now at this point assuming you haven't twinked any end-game gear, your armor is going to be less than X. You don't need more than X to get to the end of Destruction and start on the various uberquests, but you need X armor to do BRC. So then you spend some time (depending on value of X) upgrading all your gear to get to that value. Then you do the BRC, and now suddenly you have Y armor, where Y >>> X, and it feels like a waste because you didn't need that much armor at this point.

With other characters the BRC is a fun quest to do, but it doesn't offer a core defensive stat as a reward. So you don't encounter that sort of weird speedbump.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:34 am

We are stuck in a loop here. Probably because different point of view towards defense. I don't see it as a core stat for druid build. It's nice to have, the more - the better, but not a necesity. Not really sure where you get this idea that you need X defense to do BRC. Maybe it's from LC1 where people calculated that with enough defense and DR you can afk in TA.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:50 am

Not really sure where you get this idea that you need X defense to do BRC
So you don't need any defense at all to do BRC? C'mon.
I'm not saying you need some exact value that you can calculate, that wasn't the point. What usually happens is you try to do TA or Fauzt, realize you can't complete it, upgrade some of your gear, try again, get a bit further then go back to upgrade more, etc. until you have approximately that X value, whatever it is.

The reason I called it a core stat is that all Druids have it in varying amounts, just like HP is a core stat for all of them. The ranged druids don't need it as much (because they don't get hit as much in the first place), but it's still there and is still a significant portion of their damage reduction, and is a lot compared to other ranged builds like Necromancer or zon ones.

Barbs are similar in that regard. If you look at the assassin on the other hand, defense is definitely not a core defensive stat for her. Instead there's block (except for Naginata builds) and avoid.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:40 am

So basically it ends up with the amount that puts you in your own comfort zone. Which will probably varies depending on playstyle, builds and other small details.
Druids can have max block and avoid and DR. But personally for me the high hp + kill speed + pagan rites > high defense.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum