Naginata Assassin needs help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Naginata Assassin needs help

Post by Randyll on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:41 pm

Hello everybody.

Recently, I have started playing Median XL after about 2 years. Since then, this mod changed a lot, so it's like I am a newbie.
I have decided to play assassin with naginata. Yesterday I finally hit lvl 120 and I did the easiest ubers(Creature of Flame,Butcher and Tal rasha). The problem is, that I need to farm some SU or at least sets, but I dont have anywhere to go. Because everywhere I go, I get oneshot.
Here are my stats:

My gear is: T6 Naginata, Heavy Belt, Splint mail, Skull cap, Heavy Gloves and Heavy boots.
Jewelery: Tengaze Pendant and two rare rings MO'd with +strength.

Skill setup: Skillplan  (Assassin, Ultimative XVc)

I hope you can give me some advices, where to farm, or what to upgrade. (Please suggest some realistic upgrades, not Scales of the Serpent or so...)
I'm trying to get Sacred naginata to Craft, but haven't been lucky. But once I have it, should I use Abadoned shrine right? What stats should I aim for?

Randyll
Trapped Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Naginata Assassin needs help

Post by Asteroth on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:10 pm

Well first of all, you only have 3k life, 10k defense, and are melee. Second of all, your resistances aren't maxed out and you're just gonna get popped too fast.

My advice would be to try with another character (not assassin), preferably ranged, so that you can progress further along the game. Sins are notoriously difficult untwinked.

If not, you can start by rolling a rare amulet with +skills, 400life, and whatever other desirable stats (procs, lightning arena, resistances, etc). 

Skull cap isn't a particularly good TU, and if you can't get a crafted helm (abandoned shrine is great), then i'd suggest TU great helm.

Also, in terror you should be able to farm sets in TA and K3K.

Alternatively, if you want SUs, then farm the acts in destruction. All monsters in destruction can drop SUs, so you'll need a bit of luck.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:55 pm

Yes as asteroth has said an untwinked nagisin of all characters is probably the biggest challenge to play from scratch.

Before gear it is better to improve your playstyle first. Keep yourself buffed with shadow refuge at all times, use barrier strike to prevent yourself from getting surrounded in melee, use hit and run strategies and blink to stun ranged mobs. It is a bit more complicated than playing most characters.

Like has been said above a rare amulet with flat life is a must. I would also suggest making the Dragonheart runeword. From this you can infer the two most important stats for you at this moment - flat life as this is the best way to increase your survivability with a sin and + skills to grant you more damage through the passive ways.

So stack as much flat life and + skills that you can right now, socket some pgems in your gear (and/or use a witchhunter hood - set cap when you get it) and keep your shadow refuge buff up.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snippy on Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:54 am

Put a few points into Queen of Blades. That shit can do wonders while kiting.
A way to get decent gear when ur char is pretty weak is doing mephisto over and over. Reroll the map until the entrance is almost next to the waypoint(durance of hate lv2). you usually should get around 3 sacred set or unique items per 10 runs. And yea replace that skull cap with a TU Diadem(defense) or TU Tiara (nice damage boost).
I would put one point into Crucify just cause it's an amazing skill. Backstab is a skill you only want to use against stronger bosses or tough minions, and only if they dont kite you. 1 point is enough. Max ur resistances by putting perfect gems into ur gear.
For playstyle I generally recommend you play offensive by blinking into waves of mobs and then finishing them off quickly with crucify/queen of blades while kiting.

Snippy
Maelstrom Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SWaP on Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:21 am

Btw why didn't put any points in Shadow Refuge? It's great speed+damage reduction buff.

SWaP
Darkwarden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Randyll on Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:51 am

Thanks for advices. I have another question. Is it better to have all stat points in dexterity and get enough strength by MO'd items + Shael runes(+10 strength), or put even 200+ points into strength and MO/socket something else?

Randyll
Trapped Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:33 pm

Honestly, early on it's understandable to have points into strength. 
If you can socket stuff like jewels (crafted ones can have 40 life for example) or resistance gems instead of Shaels, it may be worth the investment. 

Once you start getting more charms you can take out points in strength and move them to dex.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:39 pm

Jah runeword in a circlet is pretty nice for your assassin. At least compared to the tiered unique helms.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Randyll on Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:16 pm

Ok, I'll start to craft jewels. I was thinking about Cauldron RW in helm, Miasma proc might give me a little bit of survivability. Or should I rather use abadoned craft?

Randyll
Trapped Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BASED_GOD on Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:05 pm

I was gonna advice you to see my guide and my stream but I will not have access to my computer the upcoming Weeks :/., but good luck

BASED_GOD
Ancient Fungus

I'd rather be a Devourer!
TGGood None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum