Socketing Advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Socketing Advice

Post by nebulagray88 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:12 pm

I've been holding on putting stuff in the socks of my gear because i dont know whats best to put in them.
Any general advice on what to socket items with? What gems/runes/orbs to put in general for say, caster or melee DPS archetypes?
Which gems/runes are generally good on most characters?

nebulagray88
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Socketing Advice

Post by hellgrind on Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:36 pm

First u need to reach breakpoints for fcr/fhr/fbr/as than u focus either on res if u lack of them or + additional stats. The rest is up to you.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:41 pm

@nebulagray88 wrote:I've been holding on putting stuff in the socks of my gear because i dont know whats best to put in them.
Any general advice on what to socket items with? What gems/runes/orbs to put in general for say, caster or melee DPS archetypes?
Which gems/runes are generally good on most characters?

you can just use oil of disjunction to unsocket your items if you screw up. dont be afraid of using your socketables.

early on for WDM based chars i like putting in ith/eth runes (for the extra damage). resistance gems are obviously good in armors. If the WDM build multihits a LOT (bowzon for example), consider perfect rainbow stones for CB.

tal/shael runes for strength (if you're having trouble wearing gear). lum runes for MF purposes.

Pdiamonds in weapons for caster characters (%spell damage). Ral/ort/whatever runes in items for specific element damage. 

later on when you want to max vitality/dexterity, you go for gems/runes that give 5% bonus to stat. 

jewels are always good, but you need to invest some effort to craft them. Ber crafted jewels wonderful for WDM chars. Zod for caster chars.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nebulagray88 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:14 pm

Thank you for that, I totally didn't know about the Oil of Disjuction.

nebulagray88
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum