So, me and a few friends started Median for the first time..

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So, me and a few friends started Median for the first time..

Post by tolerance on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:07 am

We haven't played D2 at all, and was told Median is the best way to play so we're doing that.

We're like level 10 and went into the Mausoleum and lost all our stuff..how are we supposed to get it back? not to mention, we've lost all our gold so we can't really buy anything to just say "oh well" and move on :\

edit: we're all PoE players, and have been for a few years now so we aren't completely new to the genre.

tolerance
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So, me and a few friends started Median for the first time..

Post by suchbalance on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:20 am

The "mausoleum" and the "catacombs" are uber levels and not part of the normal leveling experience. They are areas meant for high level characters, but due to limitations of the d2 engine cannot be "closed off" in earlier difficulties. Their names are all in red text. So unless you are doing one of the leveling challenges (see documentation) you need not concern yourselves with these areas until at max level.

To recover your items after death if you cannot reach your body, you need to leave and rejoin the game. Your corpse will be returned to town.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tolerance on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:24 am

@suchbalance wrote:The "mausoleum" and the "catacombs" are uber levels and not part of the normal leveling experience. They are areas meant for high level characters, but due to limitations of the d2 engine cannot be "closed off" in earlier difficulties. Their names are all in red text. So unless you are doing one of the leveling challenges (see documentation) you need not concern yourselves with these areas until at max level.

To recover your items after death if you cannot reach your body, you need to leave and rejoin the game. Your corpse will be returned to town.

Oh my god thank you so much.

Red name = bad. Got it. We were just looking for areas to level in LOL

tolerance
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:24 am

Balance waiting for your answer Very Happy.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:32 am

I'll pm you tomorrow, haven't decided which one I wanna see yet Very Happy

@tolerance np enjoy the game. If you have more questions it would be better to post them in the newbie forum / short question thread.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Icegod101 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:04 am

And that kids is why you avoid the big red signs saying KEEP OUT Very Happy

Icegod101
Stygian Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko64 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:01 am

act 1 ubers don't have that warning unfortunately

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:46 am

When I read this thread title, I almost thought it was going to be the beginning of a joke, you know since like 90% of all comedians start jokes like that. Maybe I've just watched too much stand-up comedy.

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by Violentin on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:12 pm

@taem wrote:When I read this thread title, I almost thought it was going to be the beginning of a joke, you know since like 90% of all comedians start jokes like that. Maybe I've just watched too much stand-up comedy.
Well the "we're all PoE players, and have been for a few years now so we aren't completely new to the genre." line kinda counts as a joke.

Violentin
Jungle Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tolerance on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:25 pm

@Violentin wrote:
@taem wrote:When I read this thread title, I almost thought it was going to be the beginning of a joke, you know since like 90% of all comedians start jokes like that. Maybe I've just watched too much stand-up comedy.
Well the "we're all PoE players, and have been for a few years now so we aren't completely new to the genre." line kinda counts as a joke.

I could see how you'd think it was a joke if I had said Diablo 3, but Path of Exile is just as indepth as D2 is/was, if not more so (from what I've been told by a looooooooot of people).

I guess me saying we hadn't played D2 at all was a bit misleading - I meant to say we've never played Median. None of us have played D2 in nearly a decade though, so I guess it's still slightly accurate.

tolerance
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum