[Discussion] Stormzon

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Discussion] Stormzon

Post by archon256 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:19 pm

Has anyone bothered to level one of these untwinked to late game? Note that I'm not talking about the caster build that uses Stormcall plus an oskill and/or hybridizes with the Blood tree. I mean the ones that use the WDM attacks (Thundercrack, Hammer of Zerae, Magnetic Field).
Please share your experiences. I tried back in XV alpha and got to A3 Normal before smashing my head against lightning immunes and now I'm giving up in A2.    

Even the class that people usually say is bad untwinked (Assassin) has no problems leveling to 120 because you get a bunch of elemental flat damage from Ways.

Every other WDM build in the game has flat magic damage and/or a way to scale their physical damage.  

Plus if you look at other Zon builds they're all multi-elemental. Bloodzon has Fire + Magic spells, Spearzon has flat Poison/flat Magic +  Phys scaling attacks, Java has flat Magic/Fire conversion/Cold conversion + Physical scaling attacks, Bowzon has flat Fire/flat Magic attacks + tri-elemental passive.
Stormzon has only flat lightning damage on her skills, and no way to increase her physical damage. On top of that almost none of the scepter items were designed to be used with attacks, and even in the ones that do (including the two mace runewords) there's only one that has lightning scaling (Neurogenesis) and that's a super late game item.

Funny thing is it used to be even worse in the alpha before Marco added a hidden flat lightning damage bonus to Thundercrack. Unfortunately that only scales for the first few levels, and even if it kept scaling it would still only be for a single element.

Last edited by archon256 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion] Stormzon

Post by romanN1 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:21 pm

Stormcall also deals physical damage. Neurogenesis doesn't work btw.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:22 pm

See second line.
Also good to know, guess its worse than I thought. For some reason I thought that was a scepter runeword not a hammer one. DOH!

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:31 pm

Only way to increase her physical damage is with hard points I guess. But it's still managable... You could always use a devouring cloud amulet for immunes Very Happy.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Homm on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:39 pm

I thought the Hammerdin concept was boring si i didn't bother after lvl 24, the ''Lightning apocalypse'' was nice and fun to see in a crowd but didn't hit enough so i passed too. Don't know, anyone did level one to 120 and have fun in uberlevels?

Homm
Ancient Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:41 pm

Hardpoints? On a WDM build? Scratch Devouring Cloud? On a WDM build with no way to increase spell damage? Scratch

Are you sure we're talking about the same thing? Once again, I'm not talking about a caster who uses Stormcall. That build has immune problems too, but you can use an oskill as I said.  I'm talking about a Stormzon who hits things with her weapon damage.

the ''Lightning apocalypse'' was nice and fun to see in a crowd but didn't hit enough so i passed too.
I don't have any problems with how many targets it hits (it has a nice +beams self-synergy too), the problem is does barely any damage in A2. And I really don't want to play a build where I need to go farm Andariel to make a Jitan's Kamon before going through A2.

Last edited by archon256 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:43 pm

Sorry I thought you were reffering strictly to the caster (by the way she doesn't have immune problems as a caster). Well the WDM based version needs some alternatives... But if you use magnetic field let's say you can do something...

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:45 pm

Magnetic Field doing something in Hatred A2? Are you sure? Very Happy

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romanN1 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:45 pm

Magnetic field is good for activating on striking procs Very Happy, so TU chainmail + magnetic field = win the game! Very Happy

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Homm on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:52 pm

@archon256 wrote:
Are you sure we're talking about the same thing? Once again, I'm not talking about a caster who uses Stormcall. That build has immune problems too, but you can use an oskill as I said.  I'm talking about a Stormzon who hits things with her weapon damage.

Oh Sorry, also thought you were talking about caster too. Aren't war scepter damage 60-80? Isn't it too low?

Homm
Ancient Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum