Reanimator Questions

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reanimator Questions

Post by taem on Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:00 am

I'm thinking of starting with this as a basis for my build: Reanimator

Ofc, I plan on getting as much "%raise as" gear items as possible.

Questions: I haven't played this game in such a long time, I forget some stuff.
1) What is the max Slow Target for Talon's Hold? I remember it to be somewhere around 15-invested points or something.
2) What is the max spell timer for Sacrifices? Obviously, it wouldn't be worth investing further than the max spell timer.
...knowing these two things will allow me to better distribute my points, such as add +1 max levels.

3) Is Nightwalker a 1-point wonder, or should I invest more heavily into it for the Rathma Priests, or is it worthless in the grand scheme?
4) Are the reanimates from the totems (i.e. fire, ice, light) any good?
5) Do you think reanimates will do enough damage for late-game ubers?
6) Do you think max embalming, 1-pt deathlord, and max death ward is necessary for late game reanimator in ubers?

7) Regarding Skills, reanimates benefit from totem auras, and shadows aura, correct?
8) Regarding Items, reanimates do not benefit from +minion anything, correct?

Thanks to all for any and all answers ahead of time.

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Re: Reanimator Questions

Post by archon256 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:37 am

4) AFAIK they're deliberately bad so that Totemancers don't get the more powerful Rathma priests.
7) Yes
8) Yes

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:43 am

I'm thinking of possibly going a completely different route via totemancer & reanimator combo. I just don't see the invested points into Nightwalker being worthwhile as only hard points increase avoid and I won't be using that tree at all... It seems the way the skill trees are setup, I have to go this route to be a useful reanimator; the obvious here being RC used on Veil King clvl 90 , with extra reanimates from Fireheart totem, as Talons Hold is 5% no increase in Rathma's Priests making Sacrifice not nearly as useful early game as I had anticipated.

New Potential Scheme

Question: Does Fireheart Totem benefit from DragonFire Oil?

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:30 am

Nope.

I did a hybrid Totemancer once, was pretty fun. I leveled as a pure Totemancer until I could use the Deathshards oskill on a javelin, then I used that with Fireheart totems to farm A3 Sewers till I had enough Poison stones to make the Javelin runeword that gives you Fairy Ring as an oskill. The idea was that Fairy Ring has physical to fire conversion, Dragonfire Oil adds flat fire damage, and Fireheart totems do fire damage, so by getting -enemy fire res I could scale all of that. Plus Sacrifices gives you easy access to corpses to cast Fairy Ring with.

The Deathshards oskill wasn't so good (if I did that build now I would just use one of the xbow skills) but once I got Fairy Ring I was wrecking ubers.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:45 am

I had lots of fun with a pure reanimator. I was always a fan of "The Carrier Has Landed" aka "The Lag-o-mancer" from cLoD. Level as a Totem-mancer till you get out of Hatred. I liked to focus on melee reanimates since the Elemental damage from DFT will benefit from both Shadows and Burning Veil.

For the Totem Hybrid. The best thing about the Wraiths is their speed and aggression. They are always on the move and have a decent range to their AI.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Homm on Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:33 pm

Back in the days Urada runeword was awesome with all those necrobot, probably a better pick today but still a super cheap option.

Homm
Ancient Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:11 pm

Pure reanimator is most efficient with something like this:

Skillplan Pure reanimator (Necromancer, Ultimative XVc)

Reanimates don't matter as long as they're melee so they benefit from burning veil and shaddows. Rathma priests don't offer too much end game except for nightmare aura and knockback which are relatively pointless given that you are cocooned in meatshields. Jinn are the obvious uberskill choice since they double your reanimates damage with their aura. 1 Point void archon for free (albeit unnecessary) defense and black mass ups your killing speed since it makes your reanimates spend less time running from target to target.

Totem reanimates are a power house in the early game but die too quickly in ubers to be reliable damage dealers.

You can still go totem hybrid to a degree if you prebuff with hounfor and/or a high +skill staff and elixers of power.

I can be summoned by saying my name backwards 3 times into a mirror or by starting a thread about necros. Very Happy

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:11 pm

the reanimates from totems suck endgame. You can't even see them because they die too fast.

Key to playing reanimator imho is, the opposite of what you'd expect, it's avoiding having 1598258 different useless reanimates. You won't really know what's going on and the lagfest will be terrible. Stick to the reanimates that are good and helpful and try to stack a high % of those. You probably shouldn't even bother about spellcasting reanimates because they do shit damage and don't benefit from DFT / kraken / etc.

I would personally use veil king although that's more of a different build that doesn't use sacrifices and focuses entirely on veil terrors.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Homm on Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:17 pm

Are Veil terrors even good? I know there is a shitload of them but still.

Homm
Ancient Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:17 pm

secret scythe with stone hammer demons/trap rats/manglers etc... will do a quite nice job ( however a little laggy),

in fact fortress barb with this scythe was the best reanimator build i ever played ( ofc its full potential requires gallowlaugh)

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum