TWITCH USERS PLEASE BE AWARE.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TWITCH USERS PLEASE BE AWARE.

Post by Phalanxia on Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:49 am

Hi, an important message for twitch users and streamers. Today/yesterday Twitch was hacked, no group has of yet taken responsibility for the attack.

42 million accounts have been compromised along with sensitive data (last known ip login, bank details kept by Twitch)
Please change your passwords and any other accounts using same passwords. Your youtube accounts have been disconnected from twitch.
I know a lot of you like to stream mxl and more of you like to watch.

Marco I put this here as it is of immediate concern. I will delete it within a couple of weeks.

Phalanxia
Ice Clan

TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://rockstorm-games.net/dws/the-game/team/

Back to top Go down

Re: TWITCH USERS PLEASE BE AWARE.

Post by suchbalance on Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:56 am

Yep and the best part of it is - the announcement that they've been compromised is only a single line.

And then we get a wall of text on how to choose a strong password, which is totally unrelated to the fact their servers got hacked Very Happy

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phalanxia on Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:58 am

Well they don't know very much at the minute as to how large the leak is,  they suspect the entire database ergo them forcing password changes.
Message from the team follows.

"We are writing to let you know that there may have been unauthorized access to some of your Twitch user account information, including possibly your Twitch username and associated email address, your password (which was cryptographically protected), the last IP address you logged in from, limited credit card information (card type, truncated card number and expiration date), and any of the following if you provided it to us: first and last name, phone number, address, and date of birth.

PLEASE NOTE: Twitch does not store or process full credit or debit card information, so your card number is safe.

For your protection, we have expired your password and stream keys. In addition, if you had connected your account to Twitter or YouTube, we have terminated this connection.

You will be prompted to create a new password the next time you attempt to log into your Twitch account. If applicable, you will also need to re-connect your account to Twitter and YouTube, and re-authenticate through Facebook, once you change your password. We also recommend that you change your password at any other website where you use the same or a similar password.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

The Twitch Team"

Last edited by Phalanxia on Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : inc info.)

Phalanxia
Ice Clan

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by mahitovec on Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:17 am

thank you for info
had same pw for most of forums lol, not gonna change shit tho, or may be all that because of my tg hm... Thinking

mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/d0sm0t

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:16 pm

happy to hear, I can only wish the worse for this shitty twitch company Laughing

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:29 pm

Herr Führrer, wieso mögen sie twitch nicht?

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phalanxia on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:35 pm

Now now brown cow. Twitch is a good system, both financially as well as for content providers. There is even a small clique for mxl. Mainly D0sm0t but there are other streamers Smile

Phalanxia
Ice Clan

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Inertia on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:43 pm

God twitch is so bad. I had to contact support for this shit because my e-mail was never sent. I heard a lot of people were having trouble with the password strength too.

Good job twitch, you fuck up and then tell your users that its their fault for having bad passwords, even though password strength had literally nothing to with it...

Inertia
Astral Guardian

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:49 pm

telling its the users fault is a dickmove
but the twitch/internet users are mostly cancer too, some of those people should go to work without getting paid...
seriously people get free content and still whine and complain

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:33 pm

My problem with twitch is that they are complete assholes.

First of all, they aren't doing a favor to noone. They make a huge amount of profit from subs and advertising (50% or more, which is ridiculous). They provide a terribly bad startpoint for those who want to start to stream, and mainly, those who don't own a super fast internet connection. And as well to the viewers, since non-partner streamers don't have the option to set the video quality which can lead to streams being unwatchable.

Also, if you're a regular stream watcher, you're almost forced to use some extensions like black twitch because, to be honest, the site looks like shit.

To make it more shittier, they remove past broadcasts as they please. There doesn't seem to be any straight forward logic on which past broadcasts are kept or removed, you don't get warned either. And for some dumb reason you can't see comments in old broadcasts (a feature that is stupidly easy to add - they're too busy counting money)

Let's not even mention botters, the broadcast sound removal (from copyrighted music), how easy it is to smurf if you get banned (iirc you can create infinite accounts from one email), or the fact that all of our data just got hacked entirely because of them. Do I have to give more reasons?

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum