TWITCH USERS PLEASE BE AWARE.

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWITCH USERS PLEASE BE AWARE.

Post by Phalanxia on Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:29 pm

From my understanding (a certain irony in thr previous cancer sentiment)  it was the fault of 4chan raids.  
The raids were becoming faster and denser.  Along with abuse of music bots they were playing on streamers gullibility getting them to run third party RATs and gaining access to users machines.    Some even being dumb enough to believe system32 is a virus and successfully deleting it,  reopening the stream via user credentials and playing meatspin and pro isis material over the users buggered stream until twitch noticed and banhammered the stream.  

Here's the irony, I did warn Aaron (twitch customer support)  that twitch was a 4chin raid ground,  but through sheer dumb fuckery twitch didnt care until pastebins with user info (addresses, passwords,  linked accounts, truncated bank details)  were circulating.  

A mixture of streamer dumb fuckery and Twitches lack of security allowed this to happen.  

They are just ashamed that 4chew got the better of them.
The channel that recorded some of the streams is here for anyone with a dark sense of humour.

http://youtu.be/DVEmKL8ZZLM

Last edited by Phalanxia on Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Phalanxia
Ice Clan

TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://rockstorm-games.net/dws/the-game/team/

Back to top Go down

Re: TWITCH USERS PLEASE BE AWARE.

Post by GregMXL on Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:33 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I did get an email from Twitch last night about them having to reset my name and password.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum