Getting connected to Sin War (newbie here)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting connected to Sin War (newbie here)

Post by Ishmayl on Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:35 pm

Hello,
I am a long-time D2:LoD player, first time mod player (as of today).  I have installed D2SE to help with my modding (in the hopes that I can continue using battle.net, but if I end up getting banned, I got 15 years out of it, so I'm not terribly concerned).  I have MedianXL installed through D2SE and have played a bit of single player, but I would like to connect to the Sin Wars Realm.  How do I do so using the modmanager?  I found this tip in another thread, but following the advice, I still don't see any Realms or other gateways.  Am I doing something wrong, or have I missed a step somewhere?:

@taem wrote:D2SE
by Seltsamuel

To multilog with D2SE, if there's no TSW2 gateway in the 2nd instance of D2SE, do this:
@Gekko64 wrote: add this to the [Protected] section of the d2se.ini in your diablo 2 folder ( not ultimative folder ) :

Spoiler:

Code:
#TSW
RealmGateway=37.221.195.51
RealmTimezone=2
RealmGatewayName=The Sin War 2
RealmSelected=The Sin War 2
RealmPort=4000

Last edited by Ishmayl on Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding email notifications option)

Ishmayl
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting connected to Sin War (newbie here)

Post by suchbalance on Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:02 pm

Did you run the registry file over at: http://tsw.vn.cz/how-to-join/

Download it, run it and it should switch the gateway. d2se already detects median xl as having realm support by default so no further messing around should be required.

Welcome to the party.

PS. Don't worry about getting banned by blizz. You cannot connect to their servers with mxl, because it detects a version mismatch and d2se does not modify your original game.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishmayl on Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:14 pm

Great, thanks! So, now I've gotten connected to the server, but when attempting to create or join a game, I get this error and my game gets stuck on the loading screen:

Halt
Expression: unrecoverable internal error 6fd730d1

I found another thread where some people attempt to figure out the issue, but they are unable to come up with a solution ( http://www.medianxl.com/t5538-joining-problem )

I have plugy disabled

Ishmayl
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:17 pm

When you open d2se, look at the box on the bottom right called "Information".

Does it say D2Core: 1.13c?

Also: have you downloaded the correct Median XL version? The server requires Ultimative XVc (download link in green at the top of this forum). Many newbies download the last old version made by laz: 2012 v005 by accident.

Edit: That thread you linked - the guy was getting the error because he was running 1.13c vanilla through d2se and then trying to connect to the realm. Once in d2se you have to scroll all the way down and double click the box that says "Ultimative". Hope this helps.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishmayl on Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:25 pm

Yes, here is the information I see (in case any of this info would show my problem/issue):

Folder: .\MODS\MedianXL
Name: Median XL
Title: Median XL
Version: 2012_v005
D2Core: 1.13c
REALMSUPPORT

Ishmayl
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishmayl on Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:27 pm

Oh, your edit may show my problem - I think I foolishly downloaded the wrong version. So when I get the Ultimative version, do I just extract that into the MODS directory and make no other changes?

Ishmayl
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:30 pm

Yes that is the problem, the Laz version is outdated and not supported for years now. Download XVc and extract the folder in the archive into the MODS directory. Then make sure to run the correct version through d2se by double clicking on the picture that says "Ultimative". On my d2se it looks like this:

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishmayl on Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:32 pm

HaHA! Thanks so much, I'm in!

Ishmayl
Ent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:36 pm

Great Very Happy

If you have a lot of lag, TSW has mistakenly assigned you to one of our European servers. To change server, exit your game and go to the lobby. In the chat there type /gs6 and then create a new game.

You'll probably need this too: http://docs.median-xl.com/ It's the new documentation.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:45 pm

correction, not /gs6 , but /gs 6 . Smile

If there's lag, you can manually choose the server you play on by entering gs# in game description or
  set it permanently with the /gs # command in chat. (where # is the <server number> from 1 to 7)

(servers 4 and 5 are disabled/offline)

Here's more stuff:
http://www.medianxl.com/h15-the-sin-war

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: