Spoiled my fun

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Spoiled my fun

Post by chazrilla on Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:31 am

Someone came into my game earlier.. i think it was "LF t3 jitan kimon" my in game name was Bladed.

They dropped a TON of sacred items, charms and such.. I was so pumped! (low level standard still)

But then they told me ladder was resetting...

chazrilla
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spoiled my fun

Post by MarcoNecroX on Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:37 am

People give too much value to resets. I see no reason why would one stop playing just because they know a reset is coming soon. The people that give out their items are the same people that complain the ladder ends too fast yet they are the same people that tend to pick cheesy strategies and builds to do an uberquest and then just exploit the trade system because let's face it, there are a lot of 'pros' that cannot even get all the charms themselves.

Yeah sure you lose your characters. Whatever, there are a bunch more people playing and a fresh and active economy where you can pretty much get anything you want. After all, there's no ladder that's gonna last forever.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chazrilla on Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:53 am

I'm happy to see a reset. After discovering TSW just one week ago I began during the phase out of players. Now il have a chance to move up with the crowd, meet some folks and experience new realm content! I should have moved away from offline play a looong time ago.

chazrilla
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:08 am

yea, new ladder is always a very fun experience Smile
and you haven't been playing for long, so you don't lose much

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevarian on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:23 am

I'm honestly excited by the premise.
New players, new experience, new competitions.
With the balance changes and bug fixes, every ladder reset has been an improvement over the last.
Not to mention that nearly all of the D2 mods like Eastern Sun, Snej and all that have been long since ripped from their roots. We're lucky to be getting ladder resets, updates and the eventual Sigma release. And that being said, if you progress far enough and work hard enough; you might get your own set of sacreds without someone having just dropped them regardless of your necessity for them.

Hope to see you on the ladder, dude. I'm going HC and never looking back - there will be blood..

Sevarian
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chazrilla on Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:32 pm

When the ladder resets do your characters get moved to non-ladder or are they deleted outright? I lured my brother into the median cult and didnt want him to be upset and quit when his stuff get deleted after only just starting out. I am ok with reset because I have been playing offline median for many years. Starting fresh is easy for me but he is a newb and may get turned off by the reset.

chazrilla
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mahitovec on Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:12 pm

they get removed

mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/d0sm0t

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:19 pm

Well not necessarily, I've been looking to enable non-ladder as well, but a few things would need to be checked to ensure it would work. But this is a decition I'll be making the day before reset most likely.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko64 on Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:24 pm

that would be awesome, some people don't want to play on realm because they don't want to lose their "old" characters and this could bring them onboard Very Happy

Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chazrilla on Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:33 pm

I would definately be down for playing non-L because im a filthy casual lol. Would probably barely be walking into duncraig for the first time on the day of the next reset! Yes im that bad. But when my wife goes back to school I can stop working so much and actually get some loot.

chazrilla
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum