just wanted to say i love this game!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

just wanted to say i love this game!

Post by shnurr214 on Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:36 am

Hey guys. I have just started playing median xl seriously and I have to say I love it. I just hit level 120 on my bow druid and am totally struggling through destruction difficulty getting completly owned all the time. however I am really enjoying it.. I am having trouble farming T fauz ( i pretty much get 1 shot) and havent finished the rest of my brc but i might roll a caster or a summoner barb to try to experience a more cheap spec. I also kind of feel bad since a guy i met in game kind of powerleveled me from 90 in tcows and i feel like i missed out on a lot of learning. Any tips tricks or advice is much appreciated. I also wanted to say that the community here seems pretty awesome and im looking forward to the reset on sin war soon. I am trying to learn as much as I can about the game before that happens.

-shnurr

im using a yul rw bow and a bunch of random t6 uniques for my gear. ie splint mail, chain gloves, heavy belt etc...

shnurr214
Moon Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: just wanted to say i love this game!

Post by munkyh3ad on Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:45 am

Don't worry, with BRC done you'll be better at surviving. Your weapon of choice is great, and the rest of the gear is good for now. Anyway i don't think you a have a serious problem so i don't know what advice to give. Don't rush and get overwhelmed? Caster/summoner druid is also fine if you want to complete BRC, you don't have to make a barb unless you want to try something slower but tankier.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:28 am

Yeah as you already realised, getting rushed when you are playing untwinked is a bad idea because you end up at 120 with no gear and skip the learning experience that is clearing terror and destruction.

Here is a topic on the same bow druid subject that got many good replies: http://www.medianxl.com/t6904-bow-feed-the-pack-druid-can-t-do-throne-of-destruction-on-terror-without-dying-every-second-mob-pack

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shnurr214 on Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:43 pm

thanks for the quick replys!

shnurr214
Moon Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:39 pm

BRC is very important for a druid. Unlike other classes, he gets one of his core defensive options from it. You'll find things a lot easier once you complete it.

In order to do so however, you're going to need a lot of defense. I suggest wearing 2-3 T6 honorific items and MOing them with 2% TCD orbs for a total of 60% TCD each. Make sure all your gear is at least T6 (I suggest using a Sacred runeword for your body armor) and at 350% ED. You could also MO 30%-60% reanimate as Fallen/Skeletons in the same honorific gear.

Also don't attempt the BRC until after you're level 120 and have these easy charms from the first 3 acts of Destruction - Horazon's Focus from Creature of Flame uber, Scroll of Kings from Tal Rasha uber, Laser Focus Crystal from Death Projector uber. The stats and HP they provide will make things a lot easier.

When clearing T Fauzt for the BRC make sure you use Elven song a lot. Cast it in front of you before you move ahead.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:57 pm

I think re-specing to caster druid for BRC is a totally viable option in addition to all this advice.
Otherwise necrobots are so difficult to deal with

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shnurr214 on Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:13 am

archon thanks a lot for the replys i will take the advice into consideration when i can get on later today

shnurr214
Moon Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum