Grim Dawn playthrough HC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Grim Dawn playthrough HC

Post by Diminished Heathen on Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:58 am

Attempting to finish Grim Dawn on hardcore with a melee type of character. I haven't played a melee yet, nor have I played HC yet, so this could potentially be a short compilation. This is the first episode of the playthrough, sped up by 75% to reduce tedium.

I'm a pretty straightforward, no bullshit kind of player, so unless the sidequests are on the way to the main quest, I will likely skip them. The first episode is only 7 minutes, but future ones (if I don't die) will be longer. Feel free to berate my terrible skills. Any comments or questions are welcome.

Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grim Dawn playthrough HC

Post by Metalistas on Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:41 am

Looks like Titan Quest with better graphics. Dual wield for the win !

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diminished Heathen on Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:51 am

@Metalistas wrote:Looks like Titan Quest with better graphics. Dual wield for the win !

Highly likely that you know this, but it's by a lot of the same people. And while I think a caster would likely be a safer choice, I would prefer the control of a melee. And to not have to worry about mana.

Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Borgin on Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:14 am

To be honest, it IS Titan Quest with better graphics. This is mostly okay, but so many ideas are just rehashed TQ ideas that it almost immediately felt boring to me.

It also really annoys me how TQ had the stupid "Warfare+Defense" meta while this has nearly the same with what, Swordsman+Nightblade? The caster trees are mostly garbage- basically if you played TQ you know immediately what spells are decent and what ones you should avoid entirely. Summons in GD are even worse than TQ, if you can believe that, and what's worse is there's almost no summoner love in terms of additional support skills or gear choices. Doing the stupid sword and board build is just as effective as it is in TQ, and ranged is mostly a wash because attack speeds for guns are painfully slow.

If you liked TQ, I recommend you continue to just play TQ. Grim Dawn is neato, but it seriously feels like exactly the same game at the moment. Maybe full release will change that, but I don't see a 1.0 for a long time considering how slowly they're adding content.

[edit]

Also, speeding the game up so much makes it really difficult to tell what you're actually doing, which makes it hard to evaluate combat. So far it's a Let's Play for veterans, not for new players- people unfamiliar with the game will have no idea what you're doing. It doesn't help that you have no mic, so you can't explain what's happening in any capacity.

Basically, if you're doing a Let's Play, I seriously suggest doing 1x game speed and having a mic connected while you play, and talking the entire time. No offense but the video just had no personality and after about the first thirty seconds I just went to the end to see how far you got. Pretty boring if you ask me, and not a good way to keep a viewerbase. Make it more interesting, and maybe I'll watch the next one. Razz

Borgin
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mahitovec on Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:04 am

this game is disgusting

mahitovec
Shadowgate Totem

TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/d0sm0t

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:47 pm

Game looks good. I missed it when it was $12 on steam. I'm too cheap to pay $25 for it. Razz

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:15 pm

GD have a lot from TQ because iirc the guy who made it was in TQ design team and after tq was done they want to do tq2 but publisher didnt' wat to or didnt have money or whatever so he left and start making his own game. And there u have grim dawn after few years.
Also watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgKKVJc1cGc&list=PL3kmT1mmaRnGsriV_bX2qTcJX-1ZQKAh9

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum