Diablo 1 HD

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Diablo 1 HD

Post by Ohmarinus on Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi guys, I recently started playing D1 again, with an HD mod.

Not sure if anyone is interested, but the gameplay is very good. They also activated some hidden quests and other stuff.

You can find it here:
http://mod.diablo1.eu.org/

Sadly they have stopped developing the mod recently, but you can still play the mod wit great joy. Especially nice for those who play MedianXL and wonder about all the beautiful lore that MedianXL uses. A lot of bosses already appeared in Diablo 1.

Currently playing this on Mac, there is a port available, I can send you a link through PM as I'm not sure if it's legal to share the Mac port on here.

Have a good day! Smile

Ohmarinus
Clawstorm Terror

Why u no mac for Sigma?!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Diablo 1 HD

Post by Str0b3l on Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:54 pm

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:52 pm

Yes and no. It has come a long way since the alpha, currently it's SP only and called D1 HD Belzebub for testing purposes, the MP mod will be called D1 HD Tcernobog and will be reworked skill/item/quest/mobs wise, it was in development but no news for months now, so it might be abandoned. I played the shit out of it, if you are a nostalgic and like to crawl in dungeons this is perfect, but it's nothing like median, the pace is slow and it's quite simple once you know what to do to counter a situation, still enjoyable thou. I also started making documentation for it, just by modifying quiri's docs for MXL, but haven't finished it. Will do it once i pick up the game again.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inertia on Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:06 am

Yeah I played this. It was super fun and there's all kinds of improvements and new areas that you've never seen in classic D1. I remember it being pretty challenging too. Very Happy

Inertia
Astral Guardian

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohmarinus on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:53 pm

@Inertia wrote:Yeah I played this. It was super fun and there's all kinds of improvements and new areas that you've never seen in classic D1. I remember it being pretty challenging too. Very Happy

Uhuh, I must admit that the drops have not been really great for me but the gameplay is great. Slow, but nice. When you get to the 9th level it suddenly becomes very hard compared to previous levels. Luckily, if you know how to play, it's no biggie. Sadly you can't really craft.. So it stays a grind Smile Currently trying horazons level.

Ohmarinus
Clawstorm Terror

Why u no mac for Sigma?!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:52 pm

was playing a mage and i got stuck at some point doing some special units that were so annoying unbelieveable and i didnt want to skip
so i kinda lost passion and stoped :O

or the room that opens in town for quest, the room at the end?? idk if its the end was filled with like 50+ units and it didnt stop you cant get out there without clearing it so uhm yeah not sure whats beyond that or what level thats supposed to be done

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohmarinus on Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:58 am

@Str0b3l wrote:was playing a mage and i got stuck at some point doing some special units that were so annoying unbelieveable and i didnt want to skip
so i kinda lost passion and stoped :O

or the room that opens in town for quest, the room at the end?? idk if its the end was filled with like 50+ units and it didnt stop you cant get out there without clearing it so uhm yeah not sure whats beyond that or what level thats supposed to be done

You mean those worms?

I play both Barbarian and Sorcerer (not mage Wink ) and the Barb was good in that worm infested place, but the Sorcerer had some trouble.

Just trying to find a way to farm more effectively right now, rerunning small bosses and such.

Ohmarinus
Clawstorm Terror

Why u no mac for Sigma?!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:58 am

Sorceror is the easiest to play, he can abuse Teleport and any Spell, so nothing should touch him and he clears the screens fastest (not just with Apocalypse), only prob is his really bad hit recovery, but you should't let mobs get to you if you Teleport right and take advantage of walls or anything to put you at a distance from mobs. He only needs a good staff with -% Target Resistance and some + Spell lvl Amulet and later crafted rings with this, of course all his points put into Magic, you don't need to wear high defensive gear as much as the others.

Barbarian's biggest downside is his slow engage speed, Warrior has Charge skill to get him at close range, but the Barb will have to lure all ranged mobs behind walls and this gets old. He also can't use Spells, well he can with some +Magic but with just a few lvls of Spells learnt it's not really effective. On the bright side his skills don't cost anything and they provide speed, endurance, damage so he doesn't need spells and deals well with immunes since he does physical dmg. Always use an Axe for it's higher innate attack speed, and all points go into Strength, other defensive stats come from gear and his skills, he is the best tank.

Assassin is toughest to play, requires lots of strategy, until you get the last skill Dragon Flight (a kind of Blink) she will die a lot because she can't sustain much damage and her hit recovery is not too good either. The early tactic is Stealth+Maleficent Strike, later Fanaticism will be better paired with Stealth and you must always hit and run, and it's great that Dragon Flight teleports you behind a mob you have time to disengage while the mob turns towards you. Either use just a knife (no shield) or a good dex based sword with increased speed for it's higher base damage, and put all her points go into Dexterity, so she gets great chance to hit and of course Critical chance and Critical Dmg. I also use a Bow with elemental damage on switch, since i have all that Dex and it helps me with Hasted uniq monsters that i can't outrun.

I have all sets, all uniques (or 99% i believe), 15 of each book, many crafting recipes, lots of rares and all characters in Torment (4th difficulty), and i can say rares mostly do the job. Not many unique items are that good and some have cursed affixes, some sets are nice once you have all pices but it's unlikely you will find all of them for the good ones until Torment, and with the best crafting recipes it's the same thing. I always completely cleared all levels, never rerun places, never used monster power (similar to /players X), did all quests as soon as available and almost always use all 4 elixirs, and i've done well. I could share a few items if you need something in particular, but not my characters cause i'd take away from the fun.

Overall the game is not hard, it's just a bit unbalanced, especially in later difficulties where mobs are immune to 2-3 elements, some bosses can spawn with many Enchantments and other special abilities that make them unfair. For ex one uniq with Magic and Lightning enchanted, Haste and Behemoth, so he is immune to Magic and Lightning, everytime you hit them you are bombarded with those Poison balls (that make a damaging pool under you) and Charged Bolts that hit you (multiple times) and let's not forget he has lots of defense and life and is on speed, so as melee it's a fucking pain to take him down. Some well placed Firewalls and Guardian will slowly do the job, so you can tediously do him but you must avoid getting hit (recovery locked->killed) and abuse surroundings to make him walk into damage.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:38 pm

munkyhead ur not intrested in making a lets play of you playing the mod yt/twitch?

guess i miss skilled my mage cuz teleport requires 105 magic + spells are shit damn expsenive
well has been a while but iirc the problem was it was super unique + units around that were ranged + pretty fast and very high in numbers well in the end i guess it was me screwing it up

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:40 pm

Not really, but i could do that if Tcernobog comes into being, with Belzebub i'm done cause i did all of it just a couple of months back, i played all classes and i already have everything so there is nothing to compel a replay right now. If they release some patch with new content (cough Hellfire cough) then i'm in, or if enough time passes and i feel to restart it i will.

And i'm not sure which part you got stuck on, either Infestation of the Worms, the quest Pepin gives on which you need to enter a house in town that has Vipers and a uniq with minions in the NW that spits poison balls, which is not that hard anyway. Or it's Lost Treasure after you find Wirt's map and the entrance is farthest in the SE outskirts of town, again with lots of Vipers and in the middle of the tunnel there always is an uniq with ranged attack and all his minions also inherit this. Either way you could always restart a game if a uniq has an unfair combination of modifiers, and he could spawn with something reasonable. Thou if you spent your stats on anything but Magic with a Sorceror you will have a handicap, all his skills and spells will suffer, without a big mana pool your Mana Shield can't protect you as well, and really he is the only one that could learn lvl 15 on almost all spells, so it's a shame not to spend all points into Magic and profit.

munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum