Rune/gem organizer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rune/gem organizer?

Post by jman on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:22 pm

Are there any plans to put in rune and gem organizers like the Eastern Sun mod has? Having a 1-tile gem can or rune depository makes it so much more convenient...as it stands even by A hatred I have dozens of assorted gems and runes with almost no stash space left.

jman
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rune/gem organizer?

Post by suchbalance on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:31 pm

Welcome.

No point to hoard gems in this game, you will be getting flawless grade as soon as a3 and perfect in terror.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jman on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:33 pm

Ah, okay. I do have loads of low level runes though. I know there are recipes to up/downgrade them, do people just hang onto 1 of each or something?

jman
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:37 pm

You might want to check the documentation. Low level runewords can be quite powerful and you can cube the rest with your character orb for bonuses.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:55 pm

early on, people mostly use low runes to socket them into throwing weapons so they can sell them for money. or to make a few low level rws. maybe cube some with the char orb. I keep the rest in the stash if they're close to my lvl, if they're too low or I need more space, I usually cube them together to get a higher tier and free space.

when you get above like lvl 100, you probably won't be holding many runes (maybe like max 2 high level runes), because if you ever need any, you can do fauz runs to get a shitload of them. even Terror fauz gives a lot of high level runes.

also, as suchbalance said, go to docs ( http://docs.median-xl.com/ ) --> items --> cube recipes --> item quality
you'll find the up/downtier recipes for runes there

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jman on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:58 pm

Thanks for the tips. Although it seems it doesn't matter, as when I logged in my character was gone...does a ladder reset kill everything?

jman
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:07 pm

yes. ladders usually last like 6+ months, so if you start now you'll be ok for a while. (note: there's currently a problem with the new ladder so it's not really playable, but it will be fixed in a few hours)
good news is if you're still in hatred, you didn't lose anything important or hard to get. maybe it seems to you now that you lost a lot, but once you get to know the game, you'll see that hatred is just the very early beginning.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:10 pm

Common uses of runes
- Low-level runewords (Summit, Rebel, Pax Mystica, Rainbow, Lumen Arcana etc)
- Eld runes in Char Orb for %AR
- Ith runes in Char Orb for %total char def
- Ith runes in item sockets for %def
- Socket in throwing weapons (check Misc. tab of vendors) and sell them for gold

@jman wrote:Thanks for the tips.  Although it seems it doesn't matter, as when I logged in my character was gone...does a ladder reset kill everything?
Yes, hence the 'reset'.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum