Clap Clap

Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman vs. Superman

Post by grimjerk on Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:36 pm

The only thing I thought was a good idea about that teaser was using voice distortion software to distort batman's voice. So much more realistic than just talking in a growly voice given modern technology. I know that a lot of people are bitching about how bulky the Bat-suit looks but damn, if it is supposed to be armor that is going to let him fight Superman then damn, they ain't gonna be no silk pajamas. I don't have very high hopes tho, not after the confirmation of Eisenberg as Luther. We said "HEISENBERG" God damn it, not Eisenberg!!!!!

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diminished Heathen on Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:40 pm

Dude, you just jumped into my head and spoke my mind. I'm gonna have to flip a table. ^

The bulky batsuit just works.

The voice distortion is a great change.

Jesse Eisenberg is a great actor, but no Lex Luthor.

Pretty sure we're besties, we just don't know it yet.

Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:50 pm

Trailer looks good. As long as Batman has that Krypto in his belt he's aight...otherwise Superman eats him at snack time.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diminished Heathen on Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:58 pm

To be honest, I hope they find a different way to put Batman and Superman at even ground. Kryptonite is honestly just a boring weakness. I hope they somehow buff Batman to be much stronger than he was in Nolan's rendition, and lay an asswhoopin on Superman, the most boring, overpowered superhero there is.

Obviously though, regardless of technology or biological enhancements they could give to Batman, he still seems to be at a disadvantage in every way. So they probably will just stick to boring old Kryptonite.

Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:57 pm

I hate superman as a superhero. He's completely overpowered and boring. With that said, the trailer looks interesting. Will check reviews before deciding if it's worth watching.

Man of steel kind of addressed the overpowered aspect by pitting him against other kryptonians (but it was still stupid because they would beat the shit out of each other barely getting bruised). To me though, the coolest part was seeing krypton and all their technology and way of life. I wish they made a spin off movie/series/whatever about Krypton before it was destroyed.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:22 am

Superman is indeed too much. But remember he was one of the first characters a long time ago. Of course he is op. I'm sure they'll take a realistic approach about keeping them both equal on a versus level.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diminished Heathen on Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:29 am

@GregMXL wrote:I'm sure they'll take a realistic approach about keeping them both equal on a versus level.

I just hope they do this without using kryptohax.

Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:32 am

Yea same here. That Krypto is stale already.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:50 am

I always say Man of Steel was a great Dragonball Z film, just a shitty Superman one. Laughing
All the collateral damage isn't that big a deal when you consider he's fighting entities that powerful, but people have correctly said that Superman should have been shown to care more about all the people being hurt despite that.

@Asteroth wrote:To me though, the coolest part was seeing krypton and all their technology and way of life.
Agreed

@Diminished Heathen wrote:
@GregMXL wrote:I'm sure they'll take a realistic approach about keeping them both equal on a versus level.

I just hope they do this without using kryptohax.
I don't see how.
Plus I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with using Kryptonite as his weakness, so long as there's more to it than "lol you thought you could kill me? Nice try, but I happen to somehow have Kryptonite on me".
Batman actually finding out about Kryptonite and figuring out how to obtain it while using his wits to ensure that Superman doesn't stop him along the way could be interesting. But I doubt they'll go that route.

Also if anyone's interested, here's a great tale about Lex Luthor and how he realistically attempts to deal with Superman after he first shows up.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10360716/1/The-Metropolitan-Man

Bonus: Here's a podcast talking about Superman, both the good and the bad.
http://radiovsthemartians.com/blog/2013/09/15/episode-5-because-im-a-fucking-super-hero/
I always felt he was pretty bland too, but they bring up some good points. (Namely that isn't so much about how strong he is, or how exactly he saves the day in the end, but more about what effect such a person has on society, and it on him).

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum