Batman vs. Superman

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Batman vs. Superman

Post by Asteroth on Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:29 pm

I liked batman begins a lot too. Dark knight was one of the best movies of all time to me though. Both of these were relatively realistic, gritty, and the dark knight didn't end with a "good guy wins, happy ending". I'm so tired of fairy tale endings...
Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:59 am

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:14 pm

The Superman physucs isn't realistic though. They continue to think that if a armored car hits Superman then Superman stops the car. No. The car, which is tbe object of greater mass sends Superman flying some distance. Don't matter how strong Superman is.
grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diminished Heathen on Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:23 pm

Batman Begins> The Dark Knight Rise > The Dark Knight. Although Heath Ledger man. Gotta like that guy. Not because he died, but because he was actually a great method actor. I bet if he was still alive, he would have given us many more excellent performances.

And I for one, am a straight dude who thought Brokeback Mountain was excellent.

And on another note, it's easy to consider his performance as The Joker overrated because of all the poser emo-goth douches idolizing the character. But on an objective level, he did an outstanding job playing The Joker.
Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:07 am

@grimjerk wrote:The Superman physucs isn't realistic though. They continue to think that if a armored car hits Superman then Superman stops the car. No. The car, which is tbe object of greater mass sends Superman flying some distance. Don't matter how strong Superman is.

Cookie. xD

Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:48 pm

@Diminished Heathen wrote:Batman Begins> The Dark Knight Rise > The Dark Knight. Although Heath Ledger man. Gotta like that guy. Not because he died, but because he was actually a great method actor. I bet if he was still alive, he would have given us many more excellent performances.

And I for one, am a straight dude who thought Brokeback Mountain was excellent.

And on another note, it's easy to consider his performance as The Joker overrated because of all the poser emo-goth douches idolizing the character. But on an objective level, he did an outstanding job playing The Joker.
Agreed. I really like Batman Begins a lot. Ledger did do a great job as Joker though and no I don't want to put eyeliner on and be a nonconformist. lol

Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:03 am

The main problem with Heath Ledger's performance was that it made the rest of the movie meh in comparison. When Ledger was on screen, the movie was great, when he wasn't it just kind of lay there flopping around in search of a story.
grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diminished Heathen on Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:15 am

@grimjerk wrote:When Ledger was on screen, the movie was great, when he wasn't it just kind of lay there flopping around in search of a story.

I've always felt like this but didn't put it in words. I always found it weird how I thought the movie was special and bland at the same time.
Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Chip on Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:23 am

@grimjerk wrote:The main problem with Heath Ledger's performance was that it made the rest of the movie meh in comparison. When Ledger was on screen, the movie was great, when he wasn't it just kind of lay there flopping around in search of a story.
Not about Heaths performance but about the film in general. I thought it was way too long. Towards the end i just wanted to get the hell out of the movie theater. Did you guys feel the same way??
Joe Chip
Knight of War

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diminished Heathen on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:10 am

@Joe Chip wrote:
Not about Heaths performance but about the film in general. I thought it was way too long. Towards the end i just wanted to get the hell out of the movie theater. Did you guys feel the same way??
Not to nitpick, but film is no longer used as a canvas for storing movies. That word is reserved for kale-eating self proclaimed intellectual connoisseurs circlejerking in a yoga class.

That out of the way, yes. It was too long. Smile
Diminished Heathen
Thunderbolt

MXLU Addict #1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum