Necro build - Is a pure Malice Necro possible?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Necro build - Is a pure Malice Necro possible?

Post by Benoit Amaury on Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:28 am

Greetings everyone.

I've been using Median XL for years now and it's only since 4 weeks ago that I've discovered Ultimative XVc. Yes I know, Rome wasn't built in a day...
Anyway, since D2 went out in 2000, I have only played Necromancers. And in the new Ultimative Xvc, there are those new skills named the Malice tree. My question is this one:
Is a pure "Malice" necro possible? I feel that from the level 30 to 90, there is this gap where my build ( Pure Malice, Rampagors and Embalming ) won't be efficient. (not like a attack Totem necro with "blue monsters")
Is there one of you who sucessfully build one? Should I be looking for an item to complete the set of spells already present in the Malice tree? The Necro is a such mana factory that I was wondering if it could be turned into an old school caster.
Thank you for your answers!

Cheers.

Ben.

Benoit Amaury
Invader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Necro build - Is a pure Malice Necro possible?

Post by romanN1 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:40 am

Well you need to use a backup skill for immunes, so in this case you can use malice + fireheart totems/funeral pyre/boneyard, though I would recomend the totem since it's the strongest and benefits a lot from passive. Your choice.

romanN1
The Smith

Mr. Nice Guy

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/winstonjaegarn

Back to top Go down

Post by Benoit Amaury on Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:43 am

Thanks for your reply romanN1.

Any particular idea for a item given spell I can use?

Benoit Amaury
Invader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chickenfeeder on Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:51 pm

totally possible, nec's malice passive gives u >100% fcr which means u will cast like mad in end game, with just rare gears from gambling and some honorifics as well as low lvl crafts u get > 400% all spell dmg and >600 for a specific element ( >100% from a staff). maxed funeral pyre will result in a 34-35k dmg fire spell. another choice is 1 rare of crafted wand (for punisher- huge psn dmg).
Just yesterday I respect my wand-using-totemnec, buy a rare staff from shop and reroll, make some honorific gears to kill Quov tsin, at first I though, this would be a hard and long fight, prepare to collect corpse, then I was like, well, so f*cking ez, dmg is just average-low but cast rate is so high.

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Benoit Amaury on Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:18 pm

Thanks for your reply chickenfeeder and congratulations on the 300th post!

I like your build very much. Just a question, do you use any summoning in front of you? Is this build doable without them?

Benoit Amaury
Invader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chickenfeeder on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:16 am

summon? Oh ofc shadows are nearly must-have for any nec build, so I maxed them, rampagor and void anchor are tankers, 1 point each, they have ~9k HP. I respected to that caster from a totemancer, to kill some bosses, currently looking for a sacred marrow staff to craft, terror faultz is nothing with boneyard- punisher and now I got graveyard, can farm there all day with 600 MF, ofcourse I can farm dest hall of pain all day too, by the time I have 500 signets I could have a half a chest of SU.
beside the Q'tsin, BPR died in 1 hit graveyard =))

chickenfeeder
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum