'rebalanced' drop rates

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 'rebalanced' drop rates

Post by Westville on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:53 am

@MarcoNecroX wrote:I have an idea: remove all that MF, replace it with damage, and farm a real place, like duncraig. Tell me how that goes Smile

shh marco dont tell them my secrets!

Westville
Arachnida

Ace of Spades
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by evil_potato on Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:28 am

I farm blood moor. gud drops ther.

evil_potato
Bane Hunter

Evil Protato
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jayd on Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:32 am

wondering for what i made barb, if id knew that i woulda skipd my k3k farm plan completely ^^.
hmm "mistakes where made"

i guess time for him to step aside for the druid and wait til his time comes to do charms.
yea nty gl guys no loot no fun

jayd
Shredder

TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:03 pm

I farm the rogue encampment. Dual-claw paladin gives me the best results in there.

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:44 pm

@MarcoNecroX wrote:I have an idea: remove all that MF, replace it with damage, and farm a real place, like duncraig. Tell me how that goes Smile

I'm all for balanced drops, but making an uberlevel like K3K drop so few set items (when it's supposed to have a Set item bias) completely defeats the purpose of "easier" places to farm. 

I vividly remember your own logic a year ago (when you made duncraig require teleport-like skills) was a person could farm easier ubers and eventually become strong enough to farm duncraig. "The hardest uber has the best rewards".

That seemed fair since some builds can farm K3k, some TA, but many couldn't handle duncraig. 

Now your logic is "farm duncraig noob"?

Last edited by Asteroth on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:51 pm

From what I gathered (and correct me if I'm wrong) the meta this ladder season seems to be:

1) Emphasis on runewords and crafts. Pre fauzt RWs and crafts can get many places on farm and springboard you to the next level

2) If you can't play without SUs farm bosses instead of uberlevels now

3) Tryhard status: rush a charm farmer first and gear a dunc powerhouse (most likely zon or wolf)

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:59 pm

@suchbalance wrote:From what I gathered (and correct me if I'm wrong) the meta this ladder season seems to be:

1) Emphasis on runewords and crafts. Pre fauzt RWs and crafts can get many places on farm and springboard you to the next level

2) If you can't play without SUs farm bosses instead of uberlevels now

3) Tryhard status: rush a charm farmer first and gear a dunc powerhouse (most likely zon or wolf)

1) well apparently there's no point in farming anything other than duncraig. I'll reserve my judgement on whether item drops are balanced or not until i get farther into the game, but a destruction k3k run should always drop at least 1 set item (and apparently that's too much to ask for now). Sets aren't even THAT good.

3) this is what i get the feeling is the winning strategy (thank god i rolled a sorc first).

Last edited by Asteroth on Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:04 pm

@Asteroth wrote:1) well apparently there's no point in farming anything other than duncraig. I'll reserve my judgement on whether item drops are balanced or not until i get father into game, but a destruction k3k run should always drop at least 1 set item (and apparently that's too much to ask for now). Sets aren't even THAT good.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the current drop tables regarding places like k3k, TA etc... I'm just viewing the current ladder as an experiment not something that will necessarily make its way into the "final game" when it ends.

To that extent it's kind of like playing a challenge league in PoE with a bit of a tweaked rule set compared to what we are used to, which I am cool with, but some may (and do) disagree.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:14 pm

Well thank god I love crafting and runewords to begin with

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Westville on Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:29 pm

its okay guys, I usually find 1 set every duncraig run, that 100% guaranteed set per duncraig run worth it all (blue text) too lazy. lol

Westville
Arachnida

Ace of Spades
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum