Hi. New in Median, need some guidance :)

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi. New in Median, need some guidance :)

Post by Belenub88 on Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:16 pm

Update: I can say I learned a lot from suggestions and tips from the anwsers. I think I'm moving to the Sorc sub-forum for more specific info, but I think I'm done with the main doubts that bring me to post this. Maybe I'll take a look of the ladder server. Ty for all guys Smile

Hi, I'm Belenub from Chile, and I started to play three days ago.

I already readed some stuff (from forums, documentation, and a lot of google), so I have a general idea of what I'm doing...

In fact, I've been following a little bit the "Tanya, the Sorceress" guide (link here: http://www.medianxl.com/t456-v6e-tanya-the-sorceress), but changing things to my playstyle and gear (fucking RNG).

I'm level 104 right now with a Poison/Cold Sorceress (first char). I successfully completed Challenges 00, 01, 02, Ennead Challenge (with ease I must say), and I'm looking forward in completing Black Road Challenge (i'm in the 3rd step).

A link to my build Skillplan Cold/Poison Sorc (Sorceress, Ultimative XVc)

Some details about my build:

Frost:
       Shatter the Flesh:    Maxing it.
             Frigid Sphere:    1p.
             Snow Queen:     Maxing it.
                      Abyss:     Maxing it.
Summon Ice Elementals:    Maxing it.

Notes: Abyss 1p because the dmg cap (that's what I readed...). Spending some points into Abyss again, until I hit dmg cap (very end game). Ice Elementals because of it's tankiness (with Exemplar merc act 2, nothings seems to reach me). It seems Shatter the Flesh only shows 1/8 of it's dmg in the character pannel, but a forum member say it's only visual, so I put the spare points here (it's bugged or something; dmg doesn't correspond to tooltip dmg) (see the picture below).

Poison:
                   Lorenado:    1p.
           Vengeful Power:    1p.
                      Miasma:    1p.
         Carpet of Spiders:    Maxing it.

Notes: I choose to not give points to Hive because the dmg of Carpet of Spiders (35k to 43k aprox) is fair enough (i think...).

Mana:
                   Immersion:    1p.
                      Familiar:    16p. (+5 skill levels, 4 familiars)
            Arcane Torrent:     1p.
               Mana Sweep:     1p.

Notes: No notes Smile

Reward Skills:

Symbol of Esu:     1p.
               Witch Blood:     Maxing it.

Notes: I'm not sure with Witch Blood. Seems to be a lot more efective with Living Flame, maybe I change it for Chronofield or keep it if I find another source of +life regeneration. Symbol of Esu replaced my health potions Smile

This are my currently stats:

And this is my gear right now:

Notes: I'm looking forward into making some runewords items ( Oracle lvl 90 - +Ath seems good for my build), or upgrading my staff... I don't know.

The main reason for this post is to have some guidance. I would love to recieve some feedback and see what I'm doing wrong or not. I would apreciate advices, or posible gear tips. Maybe a guide of itemization (how to properly craft my gear, or uptier/upgrade uniques/sacred... I don't know too).

I'm playing solo right now (no internet for me Sad).

And, that's all. I hope you can read the post and give me some advice. Thanks for all.

PD:
Median Ultimative = real Diablo III. Period. (maybe PoE too...).

Last edited by Belenub88 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:37 pm; edited 14 times in total

Belenub88
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi. New in Median, need some guidance :)

Post by Quirinus on Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:40 pm

you can use this for showing skills, in the future, it's probably easier and clearer:
http://skillplan.median-xl.com/
(you can also find it in the documentation --> characters --> Skillpoint Planner

when you're done, press save and paste the code/link in the forum Smile

welcome to median! Very Happy

also congrats on reading, not many do that. Smile
I can't help you much, someone with more experience with sorc can help you more.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belenub88 on Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:08 pm

Ty for the tool. I already had it but I forgot the linktoforum part.

Belenub88
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ValentineLove on Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:14 pm

have you checked in your inbox?

ValentineLove
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:24 pm

Put 20 points into familiar - one of the best things since x4 gives 1 skill level and x5 gives 1 more summon. So 20 benefits both numbers best. Of course if you have left over points - you can max this skill since it has nice synergy to damage.
Since you use poison - max miasma. Not gonna say why, there is no need to tell out loud why this skill is so good.
And since you are about to hit lvl 100 - Yul runeword in staff is great. Just get 6 socket staff with double MO effect.
Also, Cham rune in boots - because of defense, damage reduction and additional stats.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:28 pm

I think Shatter the Flesh hits 8 times (LCS lists the damage is 1/8 of what spell says).

Abyss damage rolls over but only in end game with super good gear. It's more than safe to put points into that if you want until then (i'm currently building my own psn/cold sorc on realm). I think for overall farming (especially large mobs) abyss is FAR superior to frigid sphere. The aoe+damage is way superior. You'll see what I mean in Fauzt. 

BRC can be tricky (namely, fauztinville) and there's no shame in doing it at 120. You have a long way to go, so don't hesitate to quest and lvl up if you cant do it right away.

Gather shrines and make crafted items to replace most of your armor (gloves/helm/boots/belt). MO with cold damage (since that is your primary damage source). For belt, it may be OK to use TU belt (lots of elemental damage) until then.

Replace your armor with TU Ancient armor (you may need to farm meph/milh for arcane crystals).

Find a Yul rune (Fauzt is great for rune drops) and socket into staff (Elverfolk) for super strong staff runeword.

With +all skills from items, symbol of esu should be a 1pointer. No need to max it.

Personally, i'd move points from symbol of esu and a few from frigid sphere/ice elemental to sMax lorenado (you'll need poison damage in fauzt).
Honestly, i'd leave frigid sphere a 1 pointer and put ~15 points into ice elemental, and rest into abyss or shatter the flesh.

Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belenub88 on Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:57 pm

@ValentineLove wrote:have you checked in your inbox?
That's was the kind of feedback/tip I was looking for. Now I'm going to lunch and then gonna take a deep look into the info and compare with other sugestions to give my sorc the best cloth and education. Ty so much sir Smile

Belenub88
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:06 pm

@Metalistas wrote:Also, Cham rune in boots - because of defense, damage reduction and additional stats.
I think you mean ath rw in boots which blows away the cham ones especially for caster.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belenub88 on Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:33 pm

@Metalistas wrote:Put 20 points into familiar - one of the best things since x4 gives 1 skill level and x5 gives 1 more summon. So 20 benefits both numbers best. Of course if you have left over points - you can max this skill since it has nice synergy to damage.
Since you use poison - max miasma. Not gonna say why, there is no need to tell out loud why this skill is so good.
And since you are about to hit lvl 100 - Yul runeword in staff is great. Just get 6 socket staff with double MO effect.
Also, Cham rune in boots - because of defense, damage reduction and additional stats.

Reading you I realized that I posted wrong some skills. I have Familiar in 16 points with my spare points to benefit from 15&16 caps like you said.
Also I'm gonna take a look of the miasma thing, and compare it with Carpet of Spiders, and how they scale.

For the Yul runeword in staff, I have a question. I was looking a dude in youtube that shows how to properly prepare an item to make runewords. Was something like this:

1. Downgrade the item to it's lower quality.
2. Enhancement > Enhancement = Superior item.
3. Play with Renewal to get desired bonuses
4. Then MO Lucky Trial until you get the bonus (if not, repeat step 3)
5. Get the Blessed Oil of Luck and apply it to your item (with Lucky Trial MO 100% chance right?)
6. Get as many socket you can with Jewel + Item recipe
7. Runeword the item > Profit

That's what I learned. Pls tell me if I'm wrong. And ty man, nice info Smile

Belenub88
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:40 pm

Yes, recipe is right. Bad things happen when you get 1-5 sockets with double MO. Because then you cannot get more sockets. Also lucky trial with Oil of luck is not very good for caster since you get Ehanced Damage% or atack rating. Still, double MO is double MO. Make sure your jewels have same spell damage as your main skill trees and lucky them too. Always.
Carpet of spiders will probably give you more damage even with 1 pt than maxed out miasma. But miasma gives you defensive options while damaging enemies.

Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum