Question about Unholy Caster Paly

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question about Unholy Caster Paly

Post by Sharmi on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:48 pm

Hi, so i just hit as my first character ever lvl 120 with Unholy Caster Pala. On my way to lvl 120 I managed to get basic items for early game.
Current gear setup is:

Don´t mind boots as i accidentaly throw away my honorofic ones with resistances. I will have to make new ones.
Current stats:
63357 defense
75 all resistances (cca 200% each)
70 energy to spell dmg factor
451% lightning spell dmg with Beastform and -132% enemy lightning resist
222% poison spell dmg with Beastform and -72% enemy poison resist
310% physical/magical spell dmg with Beastform
190% FCR
30% FHR
30% FBC
65% FRW
dmg reduction 5%

These are my gear setup and stats. I still have to moed jewelery and make honorific boots again. So what should i do next? I´m guessing i should farm sacred uniqes and sets for signets of learning. Also would u suggest to make some crafted items? What stats should i focus on now? I´m still to complete act 1 destruction, but should i do some ubers now with this gear? Thanks, it´s bit overwhelming when u hit max level as there is so many option you can do. I´m accepting any suggestion about my char since you are far more experienced then I am.
Sharmi
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Unholy Caster Paly

Post by stoya on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:55 pm

compare to holy caster , unholy sux about farming.. you want a farmer unholy caster ? i really recommend you to go full dex, stormlord and reach max block.. otherwise you cant be even near holy caster farming speed....

you should start farming tran + nihlathak and some spots with unholy and kill some bosses.. otherwise its maybe worst char for farming..
stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharmi on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:28 pm

Thanks for fast reply, bu could u be please more specific? why it´s so bad spec?
Sharmi
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:52 pm

its not that bad at all !

Get crafted Gear, either mag/phys for slayer and VoJ or just ligtning spell dmg for mindflay...so far i think you a re doing great *THUMBS UP*
RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:02 pm

@sharmi : nope your setup is good for dest start. but if you want ultimate farmer from unholy get max block is my solution.. and its really so easy to get max block with unholy paladin, still dont know why peoeple dont play like this...

you have already enough spell dmg from superbeast.. and with crap rare rings + amulet you will reach over %400 spell dmg which is already enough.. so why you go with moar energy if you want for farming ? same is for bloodzon... while you hav sov + bloodlust why i go with full energy?
this is my idea, just want to give another view to a new players...

unholy caster is not bad ofc, but i really dont like mindflay mechanics so much.. yeah for me ofc , it suits more players well.
stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:07 pm

I think we have a dedicated unholy paladin caster on the forums, but i forgot who it was ... was it Ohmarinus ? or Iwansquall ? He might give you some great tips.

Edit: I edited it ! Your nickname is complicating things in my life . Very Happy

Last edited by Wotan on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:12 pm

cataclysm + superbeast should be your staple farming skill.
UHC should able to cast much faster than holy caster

unholy caster really need to abuse those fast animation speed + able to use shield.
I dunno about ditching energy at all, but i know spend 1k in energy give lesser return compared to other stats.

Personally, i think unholy caster need to go much closer to enemy compared to other class because IIRC symphony's trigger range quite short.
Hence you might need some extra survival.

I still think unholy caster have better option than holy caster, simply because animation speed bonus doesnt tied in with gear.
This pretty much general idea that can be expand with all those new ultimative SSSU.

*I WAN SQUASH U!!!*
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:21 pm

i am preety sure holy caster > unholy when we talk about farming... holy has everything we need -> physical + magical + fire + cold dmgs + over 400k defence.... and searing glow is awesome... meh gul rw pala helm for speed animation problem and its damn cheap solution....

what unholy has ? -> insane fcr and speed animations + catalysm (from shaad hard to obtain early dest) + SoD + mindflay + slayer

1) you need to be close the mobs for SoD + cata which is really suicidal shit for places like dunc + fauzt + vizjun (main farm spots) ! even you have IMBA speed -> you will die so quick be sure of that -> 1 mistake = dead.... you dont need to make mistake when necromorbs there also Smile

2) mindflay -> never liked its mechanic so less aeo! if you ask me

3) slayer -> ok 50k magic dmg deal is good.. but waiting them to rape imm mobs is really annoying for me... dont like mechanic too..

-> so if you ask me(my opinion!) holy caster is FAAAAR better than unholy... 1 thing you should solve is playstyle. i know his playstyle is so hard to adapt for new/avarage players but when you get used to it -> TOTAL RAPE!!

all things i wrote rely on my experiences ofc if yourplaystyle suits unholy more go for it.. its solid too.. but until i solve holy caster shit, nothing can stop me choosing holy side against unholy...

NOTE : oh what i remember MARCO fucked up SUPERBEAST insane FCR + MOVEMENT in v6b Smile its not OP like it was .. its still OP but not so much anymore... esp movement...

Last edited by stoya on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:24 pm

and brotip/protip -> if you really make solid unholy caster go for MAX block...
you will never regret and always remember me while playing

'OMFG I AM RAPIN ROLLIN' Smile and play something diff less players here plays unholy pally with max block.. it req moar crafting but after new sssu's charms etc + stormlord -> its really cake to reach max block !
stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharmi on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:31 pm

Alright, thanks. I will go for max block, cause energy doesn´t add that much spell dmg.
Sharmi
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum